Matt Schaub?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Him getting cut looks like more of a possibility. Reports say he may even be released tomorrow. We all know we need a back-up QB capable of carrying the team if Sam is hurt. Not sure of his price tag. He could start for some teams. This begs the question...

Hill or shop if price tag is close?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would love to have Schaub as our backup but i to think he will end up starting somewhere

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Hill, I doubt Schaub is looking to be a back up when he knows he's starter material.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Schaub was a good QB for several years, then the floor went out. Maybe he can get his act together somewhere else. He's not a backup just yet. Houston will get something for him, he's still young for a QB.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Still thinks he is anyway
Schaub hit bottom pretty hard, I won't lie, but I feel like he's still got something left there. I still see flashes of what he used to be in his play, can't forget that the fan base turning on him and openly antagonizing him to the point of going to his home to do so probably didn't help. Playing scared that you have to play great so some nutter won't come by and beat up your family would wear on me.

I think a change of scenery might help him revitalize his career.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Schaub hit bottom pretty hard, I won't lie, but I feel like he's still got something left there. I still see flashes of what he used to be in his play, can't forget that the fan base turning on him and openly antagonizing him to the point of going to his home to do so probably didn't help. Playing scared that you have to play great so some nutter won't come by and beat up your family would wear on me.

I think a change of scenery might help him revitalize his career.
Well the people who are going to get very little out of him think he's through and I'd be surprised if the Raiders aren't the top bidder for his services, which is sorta strike two.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Raiders give up a pick in the sixth for Mr. Pick Six
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 21, 2014

e031a8ccf50d98614db50faa988264ff1.jpeg
AP

He’s a former Texan because of all the picks-six.

So it’s only right that the Texans get a pick in the sixth for Matt Schaub.

The Raiders announced that the trade was official Friday afternoon, and John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that the deal was for a sixth-round draft choice.

That’s the late-round pick which was being discussed earlier, and all the Texans needed to move away from the quarterback once viewed as their franchise.

Schaub bottomed out last year with 14 interceptions, four of which were returned for interceptions in consecutive games, setting a record.

Now, the Texans have the first overall pick in the draft, and the ability to take whichever quarterback deemed next in that role.

The Raiders give him a shot to start with no competition, something that might not have been readily available elsewhere. The Browns had some interest, but didn’t appear willing to part with anything to get him.

that title is pretty hilarious

Simba

Rookie
This is our second FA good news after JLDunbar's contract!;)
Now we can manage our 2° pick in different way with Hou looking for a Qb.

moklerman

Warner-phile
It's a weird year for the draft. I don't know if this bodes well for the Rams trading their 2nd pick or not. While it's true that the Texans taking one of the QB's off the board might help, there doesn't seem to be much to choose from. Maybe a team falls in love with someone at the top of the draft but I haven't got the impression that anyone in this draft is hyped enough to trade up to get. With RGIII, I could imagine a team rolling the dice and hoping he'd be a franchise guy. But there isn't anyone like that this year. No team is going to trade a king's ransom for any of these guys.