Matt Ryan Traded to Colts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Jimmy G to Carolina and Mayfield to Seattle I bet.

I forgot Carolina was still looking. :thumbsup1:

Mayfield - Seattle
Mariota - Atlanta
Winston - New Orleans
Jimmy G - Carolina

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not so sure how Garopolo finds his way to Carolina, Darnold is guaranteed just under 19 mill for '22. JG just under 25 mill. That's a lot of cap space for shitty QB play
Rhule wont save his job that way

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There were some pretty bad games for Ryan last season. Watched Atlanta's opener the other day while bored and he looked like shit tbh. Arm has never been strong but his ball looked slow, he never looked settled in the pocket, and it's not like he's a guy who does well without good protections.

I lay a lot of that at the feet of their HC. Don't like that dude at all. I think he was a shit hire in fact. But Ryan has a lot to prove in Indy. Seems like he and Reich will make a nice tandem. Would not surprise me if they were to draft a QB this year and/or next year though in spite of adding him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There were some pretty bad games for Ryan last season. Watched Atlanta's opener the other day while bored and he looked like shit tbh. Arm has never been strong but his ball looked slow, he never looked settled in the pocket, and it's not like he's a guy who does well without good protections.

I lay a lot of that at the feet of their HC. Don't like that dude at all. I think he was a shit hire in fact. But Ryan has a lot to prove in Indy. Seems like he and Reich will make a nice tandem. Would not surprise me if they were to draft a QB this year and/or next year though in spite of adding him.

I am trying to remember what game I watched last season… He was showing age, to me.

But, maybe with the trade he is rejuvenated... It would be fun to see him make a playoff run with the Colts.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I was watching them to get a look at Patterson. But man were they one poorly coached unit last season. 18.4 ppg with that roster is pretty sad tbh. Them going after Mariota makes me think they're tanking too.

swmizzou83

Starter
Next season will sure be interesting with so many QBs on different teams. Will be interesting to see if any of them surprise.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ONLY QB that matters....

Stafford - Los Angeles Rams

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ONLY QB that matters....

Stafford - Los Angeles Rams
Isn't is nice to have the QB position locked down? Look at all of the other teams, even good teams, that are struggling to find someone.

TexasRam

Legend
I can't say I watched any Ryan last year like some of you.

But if I am Indy, I am pretty psyched to get a QB of his caliber (former MVP, four pro bowls etc). Especially since Indy has so many peices to the puzzle at OL, RB and some game changers on defense.

It seems the Colts could really go deep with that roster and what other QB was available now?

Too bad for them the AFC just got much deeper though.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It seems the Colts could really go deep with that roster and what other QB was available now?

Too bad for them the AFC just got much deeper though.
The Colts took a big cap gamble on Ryan, he turns 37 in May and is a statue in the pocket at this point of his career. I like Frank Reich and maybe this works, but if it doesn't, Jim Irsay might fire everybody besides himself.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

The Colts took a big cap gamble on Ryan, he turns 37 in May and is a statue in the pocket at this point of his career. I like Frank Reich and maybe this works, but if it doesn't, Jim Irsay might fire everybody besides himself.
And the Colts Oline, especially OLT isn’t great.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Even though AFC really isn't a concern for me until the SB, I like having AFC teams competitive so they can all beat each other up.

oh wait, some concern still... seeing Pats lose.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
...and he might check himself into rehab....

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Peter King on The Herd earlier floated a Garrapolo-for-Darnold deal, straight up.

Actually makes some sense, 'specially for SF.

Darnold is less money, big physical guy with some athleticism to back-up the big, athletic Lance.

Seinfeld Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's not?
When healthy, it's pretty damn good. They'll figure out a vet LT probably.

I thought the offense line with Nelson made them real good.

I really like Matt Ryan & wish The Rams would have drafted him instead of Chris Long. Atlanta would have had to trade to get him instead of The Rams holding there cards & calling The NFL bluff. The NFL has always been a QB’s league.

I like The Colts franchise drafting Pitts & Taylor we’re plYers I had circled.Now Matt Ryan who has always been an excellent competitor.

The HC back in his Bills days were good.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Peter King on The Herd earlier floated a Garrapolo-for-Darnold deal, straight up.

Actually makes some sense, 'specially for SF.

Darnold is less money, big physical guy with some athleticism to back-up the big, athletic Lance.

Seinfeld Whatever GIF by MOODMAN
It makes sense for San Fran, they would save about 6 mill, but why would it make sense for Carolina?
They're surely not a player away from being good....