Matt Lafleur is a blessing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The man in your avatar did it too.:)
And I hope you are right

Well, he was special teams coach in 69, then OC at UCLA in 70, back to the Rams from 71-73 in a variety of roles including running back coach before leaving to accept the job as Head Coach of UCLA in 74. Eagles hired from UCLA in 76. John Harbaugh has been the only coach to go from special teams to a Head Coaching gig. Now with that success you think it would happen more often, but it hasn't.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My fear is that the Rams could lose Matt LaFleur to a team as their Head Coach. Now LaFleur does not call plays and has never been a Head Coach or an Offensive Coordinator (with the exception of a small school Ashland in 2007), but I could see the Chicago Bears or Cincinnati Bengals hiring him as their next Head Coach. Both franchise are known for not breaking the bank and both teams will be firing high profile defensive coaches so going in the opposite direction is likely.for a young offensive coach.

Now LaFleur might not have enough experience, but he has many attributes and being a QB Whisper might propel LaFleur quicker than anticipated. My hope, it does not come to fruition for a few more years, but I have read articles that have LaFleur on the Bears short list.
This ^ is my biggest fear about him too! Someone coming after him in the Off Season! I hope he, and our other Assistant Coaches decide they would rather stay here a few years!

Zero

Pro Bowler
Well, he was special teams coach in 69, then OC at UCLA in 70, back to the Rams from 71-73 in a variety of roles including running back coach before leaving to accept the job as Head Coach of UCLA in 74. Eagles hired from UCLA in 76. John Harbaugh has been the only coach to go from special teams to a Head Coaching gig. Now with that success you think it would happen more often, but it hasn't.
True.I guess one way of looking at it is,A special teams coach is not going to be a paticular
system guy.Maybe more open to what works for a particular team rather than forcing
"my system" when it comes to offense and defense.
I know bones has to be a great communicator to have had the results he has.
IMO that and leadership qualities are the first boxes to check when looking for a HC.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Could not agree more. I had just about lost hope that our 2nd & 3rd Snead draft selections of 2015 would come around. Kromer appears to mix with McVay offense scheme like peanut butter & jelly & bread sand-witch.

Things looked rough & jagged very early in TC when GRob was moved from starting LT to RT & then failed. Our starting RT for the last 2 seasons was moved to RG. Our top reserve RT was still under going rehab from surgery. Then top reserve OG Jamon Brown was tried @ RT. Rams had nothing coming in from Snead's & McVay's 2017 draft to help.

Snead did hunt down & court & enticed an old warn down Clydesdale out of considering retirement named Andrew Whitworth. Then McVay introduced Kromer to a damaged back & repaired many times who had not won a starting center post in 2 yrs John Sullivan. Eventually cutting former starters & reserves Tim Barnes, Andrew Donnal, David Arkin & Cody Wichmann.

Snead & Kromer were forced to scrap & dig up WWC's & UDFAS's & make do with ex OC Colt Austin Blythe & ex RT Lion Cornelius Lucas plus rookie interior OL'ers Jake Eldrenkamp & Arron Nearly to go with a lone Ram holdover OL who was on injured reserve (2015/2016 seasons) Darrell Williams. It stills a major gamble to run with this Nickle OL scrap heap reserve unit but thus far its holding OK for them. A reserve up grade @ LT in 2018 is a another issue.

You misspelled sangwich...