Matt Gay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
How come there's no kickers out there with their toes missing? Tom Dempsey was the last, and that was years ago! These days a guy with no toes might be able to kick an 85 yarder!
Yes amputate the front end of the foot and wear a shoe designed like a driver. Dedication to the craft.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
We all want Gay back, but he will probably insist on being the highest paid kicker in the NFL.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Been great for sure he and Gaines are must offer, but for the right price hate to say it they both can be replaced. There not AD, Wagner, Kupp level unreplaceable types.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
its a no brainer! remember the drama we had when Zuerlein was getting unreliable, and we needed a kicker to replace him? pepperidge farms does

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While I believe the Rams will be fair in what they offer Gay, and obviously would like him back, it does appear to be a good year to be negotiating with a kicker as the market will have quite a bit of inventory, here's the list of free agent Kickers (so far) for 2023:
1672329173091.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes amputate the front end of the foot and wear a shoe designed like a driver. Dedication to the craft.
You guys stole my joke! Dempsey's disability is my fodder!

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Gay can have enough longevity as a Rams kicker, and keep up this kind of form, I don't think it will be close. He will go down as the franchise's best.

He is very accurate, and somehow, extremely quietly, has provided a leg almost as strong as Greg Zuerlein's league-renowned boot. Gay is hitting from well into the 50s with regularity, and many of those kicks would be good from 60+.

I think part of the issue is that kickers seem to be improving in the NFL. The FG attempt range that is deemed "risky" seems to be getting pushed back a few years every couple of seasons. Even as recently as in the Fisher era, if Gay was putting in this body of work, I think it would be getting a lot more talk. I wonder if in another few generations, the NFL will have to prohibit FGs past a certain distance, as I cannot see them changing the field dimensions and it would seem ludicrous to almost always be in FG range.
Perhaps the answer is tighter field goal posts.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Matt Gay’s 2021 season was ridiculous. 32 of 34 on FG’s at 94.1%.

2022 is equally studly hitting 24 of 26 (92.3%) with his only misses being kicks over 50yds.

(For perspective Jeff Wilkins AKA Money hit 81.9% for his career)

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Pay him - just fucking pay him.

When he's kicking, I get up to grab a beer or take a piss.
He's almost automatic, and they are mostly always right down the middle, with distance.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Yeah - when I was younger, 3 beers = 1 piss -
now it's the other way around.:cautious:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams definitely don't have a problem paying the guys who deserve it. So this will get done.