Matt Gay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
During halftime of the Chiefs- Bills game they(CBS) showed highlights of our game and they said Gay was injured pregame but I haven't seen anything else about it.

( sorry if this a repost)

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
They alluded to it multiple times during the game but never gave specifics.

He obviously had something going on because his kickoffs were shorter than usual and that FG attempt was 2 yards short.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Heard the same thing and I tend to believe it. His kickoffs were at least 5yards shorter than his usual and he was short on the 47yard field goal he missed.
Gotta hope he's healed up and ready to go against the Whiners, we're going to need him at his best.

~ArkyRamsFan~

John R

Rookie
Name
John R
Hope he heals fast. We are so blessed to have him. Remember after Geg the Leg left we seemed hopeless in finding any kind of replacement, then Gay appears out of nowhere?

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

He obviously had something going on because his kickoffs were shorter than usual and that FG attempt was 2 yards short.
Stafford said it was short because it was against the wind, also was against the wind during his big throw on the winning drive. Kickoffs could've been against the wind at times, though he got at least one with no return.

Gay had some kind of mishap in pregame but Jourdan said he wasn't limping after that or showing signs. So maybe he's okay for next week.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

The in laws stopped by so I had the volume down for a while so I must have missed them mentioning it. I did notice the shorter kickoffs but with our improved coverage it didn't hurt us.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
During halftime of the Chiefs- Bills game they(CBS) showed highlights of our game and they said Gay was injured pregame but I haven't seen anything else about it.

( sorry if this a repost)

Yeah. I was wondering if there was an update on this myself.

I think they said "his leg buckled" or something like that during a practice kick (I assume his plant leg).

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah. I was wondering if there was an update on this myself.

I think they said "his leg buckled" or something like that during a practice kick (I assume his plant leg).
I noticed in the second half Jefferson went in motion and he grabbed his knee area but then we called time out because play clock was winding down, but I don't think it was anything serious.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I thought I heard McVay address it post game and he said it was "environmental" in why he went back in to the locker room during warm ups. Not sure if he had to change cleats or does that mean something else? Was he freaked out being back in Tampa?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think he just slipped or something.. nothing wrong with his kickoffs to suggest anything sapping his leg strength.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
The team doctors told Gay to put his leg under a lamp for a couple of days.

They said he will be 100% for the NFC Championship Game.

R.080a339bb1c5fb26d5b8907d95d77b7f

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gay has been excellent but his weakness is his leg strength. He's got enough leg. But he's not a top group kicker in that respect. So if you end up with him somewhere outside with some wind yeah he's gonna have problems at times.

Good thing here is the next two are in the comfy SoFi dome. Ahhhhh. :laugh3:

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
Gay has been excellent but his weakness is his leg strength. He's got enough leg. But he's not a top group kicker in that respect. So if you end up with him somewhere outside with some wind yeah he's gonna have problems at times.

Good thing here is the next two are in the comfy SoFi dome. Ahhhhh. :laugh3:
I noticed his FGs (including the game winner) were NOT right down the middle like usual.
The game winner was pretty close to the left upright even though it was pretty close in.
So I'm buying there was something amiss there.
Get well Matt. May be a close one next Sunday.

BC

Flint

Pro Bowler
I noticed his FGs (including the game winner) were NOT right down the middle like usual.
The game winner was pretty close to the left upright even though it was pretty close in.
So I'm buying there was something amiss there.
Get well Matt. May be a close one next Sunday.

BC
I thought the Bucs jumped the snap and Gay kinda pulled it away from the pressure, fortunate to sneak it through.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

so happy for him that he sent the team that cut him packing for this season.