Matt Gay 4 50 + yarders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
I missed the game. Didn't Gay miss a FG too?
How many times has Gay missed two field goals in a game since he was a Ram?

We almost lost that game because Maher missed two field goals

Tano

Legend
He missed the biggest kick of the game for the Colts.
Like I asked someone else - how many times did he miss two kicks in a game since joining the Rams

One kick out of 5 - I would have been okay with.

And I bet he would have made the other 4 with ease

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like I asked someone else - how many times did he miss two kicks in a game since joining the Rams

One kick out of 5 - I would have been okay with.

And I bet he would have made the other 4 with ease
He missed the most important kick for the Colts yesterday. No reason why a team would feel super confident in his next kick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He missed the most important kick for the Colts yesterday. No reason why a team would feel super confident in his next kick.
When he did miss wasn’t it always to the right? Or am I thinking of Zeurlein?

Gurley and Goff’s contracts were terrible and everyone knows that.
Yep, many of us didn’t like either contract. But good QBs are hard to come by and I don’t think the Rams had a choice with Goff, even if he had his warts. Signing him early kept the price down at least. It likely changed the Rams history because he was a big piece of the Stafford trade. If they had traded him eatlier or given him a first round tender then I wonder who the newly drafted QB would have been and would the Rams never have gotten Stafford.

However, Gurley’s contract was risky with his past knee surgery. I loved him and he made McVay’s offense so much better, but I didn’t like that contract. It was much more money than the top contracts for RBs at the time.
Gay's cap hit next year rises to 6 mill, then close to 7 mill. Put those dollars towards a LT please
Yeah, that is a lot of cap for a kicker. I’d bet that with the Colts planning on drafting a rookie QB it had them thinking they may need to rely on more field goals this season. I wonder what year they cut him.

Tano

Legend
I disagree based on his prior performances that he would make the next 4 kicks

You and I will just have to agree to disagree

Tano

Legend
When he did miss wasn’t it always to the right? Or am I thinking of Zeurlein?

Yep, many of us didn’t like either contract. But good QBs are hard to come by and I don’t think the Rams had a choice with Goff, even if he had his warts. Signing him early kept the price down at least. It likely changed the Rams history because he was a big piece of the Stafford trade. If they had traded him eatlier or given him a first round tender then I wonder who the newly drafted QB would have been and would the Rams never have gotten Stafford.

However, Gurley’s contract was risky with his past knee surgery. I loved him and he made McVay’s offense so much better, but I didn’t like that contract. It was much more money than the top contracts for RBs at the time.

Yeah, that is a lot of cap for a kicker. I’d bet that with the Colts planning on drafting a rookie QB it had them thinking they may need to rely on more field goals this season. I wonder what year they cut him.
That may be a little high for a kicker but with the new TV contracts coming out in 2024 - we could afford it for a kicker of his standing