Matt Gay 4 50 + yarders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
For a NFL record. Four 50+ yard field goals in a game.
We are the Los Angeles RAMS and should be able to keep any kicker we want.
And THAT guy should still be a Ram.
This kid we have now looks "wobbly" is you ask me. And it might cost us a close game.
Now the punter.....................................
Nice pick,

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
This kid we have now looks "wobbly" is you ask me. And it might cost us a close game.
Nice pick,
Gay and Gaines were the two free agent losses that disappointed me.

Think Brett Maher is a good PK, with a strong leg but no Matt Gay; and Maher is 33 years old.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Nice pick,
gogoat1,
Do you remember who are punter was last year? And what happened to him?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
ha gay GIF

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
gogoat1,
Do you remember who are punter was last year? And what happened to him?

~ArkyRamsFan~
He is now on AssHole face,s team.
I remember that punter we had in camp in Heckers last year here. And we should have kept him. Think he went to the Bears.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
He is now on AssHole face,s team.
I remember that punter we had in camp in Heckers last year here. And we should have kept him. Think he went to the Bears.
I believe you're thinking of Cory Bojorquez and he went to Green Bay.
So what's the name of the dude on Payton's team now?

~ArkyRamsFan ~

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good for him and that team whatever one he's on now.

I do enjoy this thought that we could sign everybody and should have signed all the right free agents. Matt Gay's cap hit is over $3.1 million this year per overthecap.com. The Rams cap space? After trading Akers we have $3.8 million. Oh and we were supposed to keep Gaines too and his $1.6 million cap hit. Puts us over the cap after trading Akers and we wouldn't have any cap space for injuries the rest of the year.

But hey it's all good :)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

I do enjoy this thought that we could sign everybody and should have signed all the right free agents. Matt Gay's cap hit is over $3.1 million this year per overthecap.com. The Rams cap space? After trading Akers we have $3.8 million. Oh and we were supposed to keep Gaines too and his $1.6 million cap hit. Puts us over the cap after trading Akers and we wouldn't have any cap space for injuries the rest of the year.

Bad cap management put the team in a mess, otherwise you have to prioritize a guy who puts up that many points a year and kicks off.

Getting into cap hell so bad is just being shortsighted.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Gaines is a backup on Tampon... not a starter. He is getting more playing time now though due to the man in front of him being injured.

Tano

Legend

I just wanted to sign those two. Gay we could have moved some of his salary over a 5 year contract for the first year and would have hardly affected our 2024 CAP

Gaines isn't making much more than some of our DL.

I think we could have made it work.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Gay is a good kicker and it hurt losing him, but the Rams simply could not afford him. Gains is not irreplaceable, in my opinion.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
In the last 2 games, it wouldn't have mattered if we had Maher or Gay.

Maher missed a couple against the Hawks but we crushed em anyway.

Maher was perfect vs the Niners, but we lost anyway.

SO FAR Maher hasn't been the difference between winning and losing. Obviously though, we got 15 games to go.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Bad cap management put the team in a mess, otherwise you have to prioritize a guy who puts up that many points a year and kicks off.

That bad cap management took us to two superbowls, one championship, four playoff appearances, and three division titles. I'll take it.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

Really Bart? Can we wait to see how this "cap hell" season plays out before we label them shortsighted? Gurley's dead money was going to kill us. It didn't. Goff's dead money was going to kill us. It didn't. Who did we lose again?

1. Ramsey : Replaced him with Witherspoon and Ramsey is watching like the rest of us.
2. Gaines: Replaced him with Turner. Anybody see a difference?
3. Floyd: Replaced him with Young.
4. Gay: Replaced him with Maher.
5. Long: Replaced him with a cheerleader. Anybody see a difference? Beyond the asthetics.
6. Rapp: Replaced him with Johnson
7. Scott: Replaced him with Yeast
8. A'Shawn: Replaced him with Bobby Brown II

We're 1-1 and no matter which way tonight's game goes, we're still doing better than most predicted. Crykie.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That bad cap management took us to two superbowls, one championship, four playoff appearances, and three division titles. I'll take it.
Wouldn’t have been that hard to keep enough to resign Him.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Really Bart? Can we wait to see how this "cap hell" season plays out before we label them shortsighted? Gurley's dead money was going to kill us. It didn't. Goff's dead money was going to kill us. It didn't. Who did we lose again?

1. Ramsey : Replaced him with Witherspoon and Ramsey is watching like the rest of us.
2. Gaines: Replaced him with Turner. Anybody see a difference?
3. Floyd: Replaced him with Young.
4. Gay: Replaced him with Maher.
5. Long: Replaced him with a cheerleader. Anybody see a difference? Beyond the asthetics.
6. Rapp: Replaced him with Johnson
7. Scott: Replaced him with Yeast
8. A'Shawn: Replaced him with Bobby Brown II

We're 1-1 and no matter which way tonight's game goes, we're still doing better than most predicted. Crykie.
Excuses that deny what they did to get in the hole doesn’t make them go away.

I’m happy with the play on the field but there was only 1 guy that forced them into a bigger contract. The rest were just bad management moves.