Matt Davis - QB - SMU

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
His arm looks strong. His legs look even better. Do we have the luxury of keeping a third QB-Swiss army knife-Wildcat option on the roster? Probably not. But as DB said, practice squad? Sure.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Do we have the luxury of keeping a third QB-Swiss army knife-Wildcat option on the roster? Probably not. But as DB said, practice squad? Sure.

I agree PS and keep in mind that in High School FB Sam Rogers played Quarterback and I'm sure McVay factored that in when drafting the Virginia Tech alum.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Apparently only eight months out from having ACL surgery.
So my guess is he'll be doing the camp arm thing before they try him out as a wide receiver or running back.

But heck with Sam Rogers block for him you never know

:D

He has good vision and is shifty, but he does not look fast in that video. He looks slow. At first I thought maybe backup change of pace/third down back, but I will be surprised if he sticks on the PS.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Rubley could move, but not like this kid and Rubley only played like 8 games and lost most of them. The T.J. Rubley era began a great demise of Ram football, they lost every year until 1999-2004 and truly have not recovered since, so blame it on Rubley!
Rubley_TJ_Rams.BMP
CURSE YOU RUBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
He has good vision and is shifty, but he does not look fast in that video. He looks slow. At first I thought maybe backup change of pace/third down back, but I will be surprised if he sticks on the PS.
Maybe just a total pocket passer?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I expect that he won't play QB for us.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I expect that he won't play QB for us.

Agreed teams usually carry 4 QB's during training camp, so one would surmise the Rams might very well sign him, but I don't think Davis will even get a shot in preseason unless it's for a few plays when the game is over.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed teams usually carry 4 QB's during training camp, so one would surmise the Rams might very well sign him, but I don't think Davis will even get a shot in preseason unless it's for a few plays when the game is over.

I mean that I expect he will change positions.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Chill on that idea! I Like Spruce and want to see what he can do in a full, Healthy Season!(y);)

KOWALSKI

Rookie
pretty sure he got invited because the rams need an arm.
i don't believe mannion or murray will be at the rookie camp.
i doubt the rams look at him as a rb or wr. his 3 cone time was horrible.
and after looking into it, the 3 cone seems to be "the thing" for our coaches.
just an arm, maybe even only in the rookie camp.