Matt Davis - QB - SMU

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2017...houston-texans-cleveland-browns-buffalo-bills

Matt Davis is one of the more intriguing G5 prospects heading into the 2017 NFL Draft. He surprised many by declaring his intention to enter the draft instead of applying to receive a sixth year of eligibility after tearing his ACL in the early portion of the season.

With so much uncertainty with the quarterbacks in this draft, he has the talent to go anywhere from early in the fourth round round to undrafted, depending on which teams are willing to take a chance on him.

Strengths
Watching game tape of Davis his scrambling ability jumped out at me from the word “GO”. He’s got the speed to get to the second level quickly, and has the ability to escape the pocket and avoid the blitzing defender.

His arm strength is underrated as he can fit the ball into tight spots and throws a pretty deep ball. In 2015 he had over 3,000 total yards and 26 total touchdowns.

Injury Risk?
The big concern with Davis is his ACL tear that knocked him out of most of the 2016 campaign.

This will scare some teams off, especially with Davis’ ability to scramble at the first sign of trouble, but he did work out for the Houston Texans at their local pro day last week, so his recovery time table should have him doing some workouts by rookie mini camp.

Player Comparisons: Terrelle Pryor, Denard Robinson
Now I know what you’re thinking? How the heck can you compare him to players at a position he isn’t even projected to play? There’s good reason for it. Davis will get a shot at QB, he’s got enough arm strength for that, but his ability to run with the football makes him a prime candidate to switch to a skill position.

Using a sixth or seventh round pick on a player that can be converted to a receiver? There are always teams willing to take a shot if the outcome can produce an NFL caliber starter such as Pryor.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see teams such as Buffalo, Kansas City, or Cleveland take a shot on Davis with a late round pick. However if he goes undrafted there will still be teams intrigued by his potential, and he should be on a roster come preseason.

SBNATION

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Camp arm most likely. Run-first QBs are all busts.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
There's our fourth Camp arm to give the receivers someone to throw them the ball.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Athlete.
I've seen him play.
Exactly the type of prospect you take flyer on in hopes he sticks on the PS

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Davis will get a shot at QB, he’s got enough arm strength for that, but his ability to run with the football makes him a prime candidate to switch to a skill position.
This^ besides being a " Camp Arm" could be why they brought him in! Just a thought!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Apparently only eight months out from having ACL surgery.
So my guess is he'll be doing the camp arm thing before they try him out as a wide receiver or running back.

But heck with Sam Rogers block for him you never know

:D

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
I don't know about this one. Who have the Rams ever taken out of SMU that was any good?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
T. J. Rubley

Rubley could move, but not like this kid and Rubley only played like 8 games and lost most of them. The T.J. Rubley era began a great demise of Ram football, they lost every year until 1999-2004 and truly have not recovered since, so blame it on Rubley!
Rubley_TJ_Rams.BMP