Match-ups to Watch against 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
It's Week One against the Niners! As always there are a few match-ups that I'm interested to see:

20160912_120540.png

This is the most interesting one to me. These two are going to come together more than once and it should be a great battle. Bowman is one of the best MLB in the league and lead the NFL in tackles a year ago. Gurley beat him hands down last year and I'm hoping to see the same. If the O-line can give Gurley enough creases it's going to be a long day for the 49ers.

2. Quinn vs Staley

Everyone knows who Joe Staley is at this point and he's still a damn good tackle. This one is very interesting because it's Quinn's first true test after coming back from injury. If he has returned to his old self I think he definitely wins this matchup. However, it may take some time for him to get back into the swing of things. I think both Staley and Quinn will have their moments. Perhaps more important than anything is if 94 can set the edge enough in the run game.

3. Donald vs. 49ers interior line

I've read a lot of articles saying that the Niners O-line is playing a lot better this year. Some are saying it might be a strength for their offense. Well that's going to get put to the test tonight. Donald is the best D-lineman in the NFL and he is a matchup problem against every single team. He needs to be consistently disruptive because Carlos Hyde is tough to handle when he has room to move. There isn't a whole lot Donald can vastly improve on but maintaining his gaps and being consistent in run defense needs to be his #1 priority.

What other match-ups are y'all going to be paying extra attention to tonight?

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
One player to be aware of: Carlos Hyde.
Hyde fits the type of system Chip Kelly likes to run and Hyde didn't play in either of our two meetings last year due to injury.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Sensabaugh v Patton - this could be a huge mismatch. Look for Kelly to pick on Coty.

Joyner v McDonald - Alright Joyner, time to put up or shutup. You're the starter, now play like one.

Barron v Hyde - Time to earn yo $9M Barron.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I vote to change Quinn vs Staley to Quinn vs Quinn's back, because we all know if hes healthy hes going to dominate Staley all game long :D

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Sensabaugh v Patton - this could be a huge mismatch. Look for Kelly to pick on Coty.

Huge Mismatch, more like Huge Stretch. Quinton Patton isn't nearly as good as you're making him out to be, and Sensabaugh isn't as bad as everyone is making him out to be. He was covering #1s in the preseason and usually had phenomenal placement. His problem was not looking out for the ball. Be almost always was attached at the hips of the receiver. His problem is an easy fix imo.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Greg Robinson v Buckner/Armstead

Tree v Chip Kelly

Tavon v whoever tries to cover him