Martz miffed by Hall snub of Rams WRs/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Martz sounds like a complete homer in this case and this is an idiotic thing for him to be whining about.

TO's numbers are insane for his career and that;s what the Hall of Fame is about, I dont give a rats ass if he took a giant dump on the Dallas star or grabbed a bag of popcorn after a touchdown and neither should the voters.

TO had 153 touchdowns in his career, Bruce (91) + Holt (74) barely add up to more at 165...... TO is 2nd in yards behind Rice, Bruce is 4th, Holt is 14th. Receptions Owens is 6th, Bruce is 9th, Holt is 19th.

The HoF should be about your career on the field, and its not like he murdered people or something.....Pete Rose was one thing, but sorry Mike you're dead wrong and need to be quiet. Bruce will get his due and so will Holt but no way in hell should either be ahead of Owens.
I agree with this. As much as I love Bruce and Holt, TO simply had a better overall career than both of them. Think what you will of him, but the numbers speak for themselves. Bruce and Holt are both very deserving and will make it in eventually.

Athos

Legend
I agree with this. As much as I love Bruce and Holt, TO simply had a better overall career than both of them. Think what you will of him, but the numbers speak for themselves. Bruce and Holt are both very deserving and will make it in eventually.

I have to pop in just for the sole reason I heard about this and Bruce is one of my favorite WRs ever.

Fact: TO had Steve Young for pretty much his 1st 3 years in the NFL
Fact: TO had Rice around when he first come up
Fact: Bruce had Chris Miller? The fuck? Bruce was the only O on that 95 team, accounting for 44% of the passing yards. 48% of the passing TDs.
Fact: Bruce had Tony Banks in year 3. Still put up 1300 yards.
Fact: TO had superior, consistent QB play in his entire career than Bruce.

Fact: Rankings were mentioned. Bruce may be 4th to TO's 2nd in yards, but the difference is 726 yards. Difference is receptions is 54. Both about a season's worth.

The only thing is TDs. And TO never played with the GSOT offense where the ball was so evenly distributed.

Both should be first ballot HOFs. This discussion is stupid.

Peace.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bruce should be in, but not over Owens.

He should be in over Harrison.

Holt should not be in the HOF. He was my favorite player, but he just didn't do it long enough, doesn't quite have the numbers, and when you factor in the logjam at WR....

Owens almost has as many career TDs as Holt and Bruce COMBINED. He absolutely deserves to be in over them. But Bruce should get in too.

WvuIN02

Starter
I have to pop in just for the sole reason I heard about this and Bruce is one of my favorite WRs ever.

Fact: TO had Steve Young for pretty much his 1st 3 years in the NFL
Fact: TO had Rice around when he first come up
Fact: Bruce had Chris Miller? The freak? Bruce was the only O on that 95 team, accounting for 44% of the passing yards. 48% of the passing TDs.
Fact: Bruce had Tony Banks in year 3. Still put up 1300 yards.
Fact: TO had superior, consistent QB play in his entire career than Bruce.

Fact: Rankings were mentioned. Bruce may be 4th to TO's 2nd in yards, but the difference is 726 yards. Difference is receptions is 54. Both about a season's worth.

The only thing is TDs. And TO never played with the GSOT offense where the ball was so evenly distributed.

Both should be first ballot HOFs. This discussion is stupid.

Peace.

I forget who it was today, maybe Brandon Marshall? who said no receiver will be as lucky to have the QBs Jerry Rice will have had in his career and thus never come close to his numbers. And he had a point. If you wanna talk about the ideal situation Rice had it way better than TO did, and nobody is going to downgrade Rice because of it or even brings it up. Joe Montana, Steve Young, and then even at the end of his career in Oakland with Gannon (Gannon the previous year to Rice coming there was voted as a 1st team all pro)....and that's when Oakland was making their run and got "tuck ruled" right up the keyster when they were the best team in the AFC that year.

You can what if so many things. What if Bill Walsh doesnt bring Steve Young from those awful Tampa Bay teams to SF. A slot in the draft above or below where they were picked could mean guys who are 1st ballot hall of famers might never have sniffed such success without going to the teams they went to.

tempests

Hall of Fame
All of their receiving numbers are eerily similar except for TD's. TO has many more touchdowns then either Bruce or Holt. Anyone know why

TO's physical attributes made him a red zone monster. And IIRC, Martz liked to give it to Faulk when the Rams got inside the 20.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I forget who it was today, maybe Brandon Marshall? who said no receiver will be as lucky to have the QBs Jerry Rice will have had in his career and thus never come close to his numbers. And he had a point. If you wanna talk about the ideal situation Rice had it way better than TO did, and nobody is going to downgrade Rice because of it or even brings it up. Joe Montana, Steve Young, and then even at the end of his career in Oakland with Gannon (Gannon the previous year to Rice coming there was voted as a 1st team all pro)....and that's when Oakland was making their run and got "tuck ruled" right up the keyster when they were the best team in the AFC that year.

You can what if so many things. What if Bill Walsh doesnt bring Steve Young from those awful Tampa Bay teams to SF. A slot in the draft above or below where they were picked could mean guys who are 1st ballot hall of famers might never have sniffed such success without going to the teams they went to.

Exactly - remember Steve Young's heir apparent?

image.jpg