Marshall Marshall Marshall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Thanks for posting.
Such an amazing player. It is pretty amazing too that San Diego State was the only school that offered him a place as a running back. The other colleges had him as a defensive back.
I got to see his break out game for the Aztecs....over 200 yards rushing and I believe 6 TDs. You tell he was special right away, even from the cheap seats.
Me and my now wife worked together at a deli in San Diego during those years while going to school. He came in several times and was always very cool mellow and cool.
Where I live now there is a celebrity golf tournament that he plays in. My wife has tried to get his autograph for the last couple of years. He doesn't really sign much stuff or interact much with the crowd at the tourney. She goes on Thursday when the crowds are thin. A couple of years ago she yelled out that she used to make deli sandwiches for him....he kind of smiled and looked over his shoulder like "Who is this crazy lady?"
Last year, she yelled out the same thing. This year, he saw her and called over "I know, I know, the sandwich lady, I'll be over after this shot." He came over gave her a signed golf ball and chatted about where she worked at the deli in San Diego, took a couple of pictures gave her a hug and went on his way.
Can seem a bit stand offish at first at a celeb thing, but, I think a nice guy and certainly one of the great Rams of all time.
As an aside, lets get Warner into that ring of fame too please.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I miss the Gold Pants! Just needed to add a blue stripe down the side and I would prefer them over the white pants. Oh BTW...I miss the Marshall Plan!

The only thing that Chip Rosenbloom did as owner of the Rams was get rid of the gold pants.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Awesome stuff. I'd love to sit down with him and get some insight into the game from his perspective. He was the most cerebral running back I've ever seen. Hopefully in a couple decades we'll be showing something on Todd Gurley after his first ballot Hall of Fame selection. :cool:

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
My favorite all time player.

"Forget the big red "S," Super Man wears a 2 and 8 on his chest."

Fact