Marshall Faulk: Rams are 'the most complete team in the NFL'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/09/nfl-rams-marshall-faulk-complete-team/

Marshall Faulk: Rams are 'the most complete team in the NFL'

Building a truly complete team in the NFL is difficult, partly because of the presence of a salary cap. Rosters have to be a mix of talented young players on cheap contracts, as well as experienced veterans. The Rams have both of those things and it’s why they’re one of the best teams in the NFL.

After reaching the Super Bowl last season, Los Angeles still boasts a loaded roster capable of winning it all, paired with an outstanding coach in Sean McVay. Former Rams running back and NFL analyst Marshall Faulk knows a thing or two about talented teams, and he believes the most complete one resides in L.A.

He had some high praise for the Rams recently.

“I think that they are the most complete team in the NFL when you look at them top to bottom,” he said. “You throw in the experience of what they went through, you’ve got to go on the road in the NFC championship into New Orleans and win the football game – albeit, there was controversy. But to be in the position to win that game for a young team, that’s impossible, that’s a tough place to win.”

Faulk complimented the Rams for taking a chance on McVay, who’s “more innovative” than Jeff Fisher. He also loves the way they’ve built their roster in the draft and by bringing in veterans like Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Say what you want about Marshall, but his heart is with the Rams. So in my book he's always gonna be good to go. :D

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Gotta go with the Saints and Patriots. (Assuming Gronk is back by week 13.)

I think Gronk is done. I know there's speculation that he's retired and that he'll sign to basically play the last 4 games and the playoffs, but I doubt it.

Wouldn't surprise me if he did, but I just sorta doubt it. Depends on their WR efficiency and how their offense is going.

As for the Saints, I think their offense will be very different with Kamara as their bellcow back. Ingram took the tough inside yards early and often and it's a whole 'nuther thing to run between the tackles 30 times a game... just ask Todd Gurley who's just as fast if not a shade faster.

If they ride him all season, I expect Kamara to be breaking down or have gotten injured prior to the post-season.

We're already addressing this issue and I think not retaining Ingram was a huge personnel mistake for the Saints.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
FejvJ1.gif

nDsRm6.gif

marshallfaulk34.jpg

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I think Gronk is done. I know there's speculation that he's retired and that he'll sign to basically play the last 4 games and the playoffs, but I doubt it.

Wouldn't surprise me if he did, but I just sorta doubt it. Depends on their WR efficiency and how their offense is going.

As for the Saints, I think their offense will be very different with Kamara as their bellcow back. Ingram took the tough inside yards early and often and it's a whole 'nuther thing to run between the tackles 30 times a game... just ask Todd Gurley who's just as fast if not a shade faster.

If they ride him all season, I expect Kamara to be breaking down or have gotten injured prior to the post-season.

We're already addressing this issue and I think not retaining Ingram was a huge personnel mistake for the Saints.

I hope you are right about Gronk not coming back. I'd drop the Pat's if true.

I think you give Ingram a little too much credit. He was pretty expendable. Lotta solid between the tackle guys out there.

The Saints getting Jared Cook is a big deal to me. Drew Breese has a history of getting the most out of his TE's. Their D is stout, too. Rams have a better OL, though.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
My favorite player growing up and a HUGE reason why I became a Rams fan at a young age, shoot my avatar says it all! Faulk was the man

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I hope you are right about Gronk not coming back. I'd drop the Pat's if true.

I think you give Ingram a little too much credit. He was pretty expendable. Lotta solid between the tackle guys out there.

The Saints getting Jared Cook is a big deal to me. Drew Breese has a history of getting the most out of his TE's. Their D is stout, too. Rams have a better OL, though.

Nah. Jared Cook is a “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” kinda player or he’d have stuck with the Rams, Packers or Raiders who all had good QBing. He makes a solid sizzle reel, but Jared Cook is a team killer with his late game dumb penalties and drops.

I’d take Higbee over Cook EVERY DAY. Everett is already a significantly better threat. Cook will find ways to have the odd big game and accumulate stats, but he won’t be and never was a weapon, let alone one that could be clutch.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cook will find ways to have the odd big game and accumulate stats, but he won’t be and never was a weapon, let alone one that could be clutch.

But that one big game a season is so tantalizing.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Marshall says we're the most complete team in football? Well I certainly won't call him a liar. :cheers:

oldnotdead

Legend
Before I moved to Mexico I used to occasionally run into Marshall at a restaurant in La Jolla. Very interesting guy. I would have to agree that top to bottom of the roster there is talent at all levels. There are no obvious holes, weaknesses and question marks perhaps but no holes. Most of all there is depth at key positions. Evidenced by the fact they lost both their starting CB's during the same period of time, as well as their starting and backup RB, their starting ROG yet they still made the Super Bowl. They weathered these loses which would have decimated most teams. Unbelievable, and the only real hole has been filled with the signing of Bortles. They now have a QB good enough to win a few games if need be.

Snead has proven himself one of the best GM's in the NFL and has built a championship roster. What I love about Snead is how he was willing to evolve as a GM changing his approach as he needed to and make changes when he needed to. In 6 years he built a Super Bowl team based on drafting well and key FA acquisitions.

This team is in good hands. Team building starts at the top with an owner with a drive and commitment to winning and the intelligence to find and hire a top flight GM. The the willingness to step back and let his man do his thing. What I love about Snead is his background in scouting. It shows in how he is able to find talent in every round of the draft. That is how you build and sustain a team for the long haul.

VARAM

Starter
"Evidenced by the fact they lost both their starting CB's during the same period of time, as well as their starting and backup RB, their starting ROG yet they still made the Super Bowl. They weathered these loses which would have decimated most teams. Unbelievable," oldnotdead

And let's not forget the loss of Cooper Kupp.
The Rams are a championship caliber organization.