Marshall Faulk chimes in on a few topics including them cheatin' Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
One of the biggest Cowboys haters in the world. I don't understand why. I mean, I get people hate the Cowboys, but he's supposed to be an objectionable analyist. Anyone know anything? Other than "fuck the Cowboys."

61Woody

UDFA
Name
Jeff
I still to this day cannot stomach that image of Brady with his hands on his head with confetti falling. What a sham.
Even bigger sham was Brady winning MVP what he have ? Like 149 yards passing or something anemic like that.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Sorry but I Can't watch it, wont watch it, don't want to remember it and can't stomach thinking about it. That's all

Q729

Legend
Even bigger sham was Brady winning MVP what he have ? Like 149 yards passing or something anemic like that.
Of course. He was responsible for the crucial intentional grounding non-call that got him in range of his first (of several) Super Bowl-winning field goal. MVP!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, I only posted the comments that fit my narrative: that the Patriots franchise consists of an assortment of liars and cheats. Nothing fair and balanced when it comes to this topic. :mad:
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cumberland-md/21502/current-weather/333536

Ex-Panther Brad Hoover still believes the Patriots cheated
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 4, 2016

As the Panthers try to win their first championship in franchise history, players from the team that lost in the Panthers’ previous Super Bowl appearance think they got cheated.

The latest ex-Panther to say so is Brad Hoover, who said on 610 WFNZ that he thinks the Patriots spied on the Panthers and knew their game plan.

“Can I prove they cheated? No. But deep down in my heart, I think they did,” Hoover said.

Hoover said the Panthers were shocked by the way the Patriots knew their offense in the first half, and so they made wholesale changes at halftime, and in the second half the Patriots didn’t know what was coming.

“At halftime, we changed our whole offensive game plan, and that’s one of the advantages of having that long intermission,” Hoover said. “How did they know what we were doing? The play in the second half was a lot different. We were able to put a lot more points on the board and I think that’s a part of it.”

Others on that Panthers team, including Will Witherspoon and some unnamed players have made that accusation. And former Panthers G.M. Marty Hurney has said there’s a “culture of cheating” within the Patriots organization. Patriots fans will think that’s sour grapes, but the Panthers firmly believe the Patriots won the Super Bowl by cheating.
----------
Every team in the NFL knows the deflatriots are serial cheaters.

Pathetic stained franchise *****
----------
Don’t EVER question Goodell and his burning of evidence!
----------
Enough already everyone knows the Patriots are cheaters.
--------
The only people who don’t THINK the Pats cheated in Super Bowls are the ones that know they did for sure.

#Tainted
---------
Anyone with a brain who is an NFL fan realizes the Patriots are chronic cheaters and liars!
---------
Have always thought that.
The player would come back to the sideline and tell Coach Fox that it was like the Pats were inside the huddle.

We will never know considering Goodell destroyed all of the video evidence of the “long standing and systematic” video taping walk throughs and signals. Goodell destroyed them after the Senator from Philly asked that he turn them over.
---------
100% agreed. My intuition also tells me that they cheated. Yeah, I know. Science and all that. But sometimes a hunch is just as good.

Just one * to add to the other three ***.
----------
Of course they cheated.

Rog destroyed the evidence.

That’s all you need to know.
----------
The Pats have forfeited two draft picks… so yes they have cheated twice. Pats fans… you can deny all you want, but the facts speak for themselves.
---------
They did cheat. The Patriots have stolen from players and fans, a lifetime cheating label is fair payment.
----------
Hoover is likely right about this. Jake Delhomme started that game 1-9 for 1 yard passing, and then proceeded to torch the Patriots in the second half.

The fact that Roger Goodell destroyed the evidence on all this only solidifies the notion that the Patriots cheated. There was something to hide, and Goodell didn’t want to deal with the backlash.

Where’s Judge Kennesaw Mountain Landis when you need him?
---------
Patriot fan, why is it that the only winning team to get accused of cheating in the SB is the Patriots? 3 of 4 teams they beat have the same complaints, the Pats new their offense and defense better than they did,…we know for a fact the Pats got caught video taping other teams and the tapes were destroyed before the public or anyone besides Belicheat and Goodell saw them…..

last yr was the only yr the other team didn’t claim the Pats cheated but then thats the same yr Goodell handed down a suspension of 4 games to Brady and lost of 2016#1 pick for tampering with the footballs after the refs had certified them…..

Goodell is out to get the Pats because he gave them and the league a pass by destroying the evidence in spygate….bet he is kicking himself about that now, with the way Kraft and Brady are acting…..

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I remember alot of personal fouls that weren't called. One player was speared in the back while he lay on the ground. Another was tackled hard 3 yards out of bounds. All the times kurt was hit in the head area. I couldn't understand what was going on.

That was Dre Bly on a punt return. They even showed the hit as they were going to commercial! You know what Pat Summerall said? "Hard hitting out there."

SMDH

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

I think I have told the story before - but about 6-8 years ago I was talking to a friend who is a big football fan about the Pats, and I said something about the cheating and how the rams should have won. I was stunned when he started talking about how great Brady was. The Pats history machine at work - brady being this great QB that lead them to victory no matter what - an unstoppable machine. I sat there stunned that someone I respected so horrible remembered how average at best Brady was his first few years. As we debated back and forth he said something like "Brady dominated that game - heck he won MVP - he moved the ball down the field at will". I just stared at him and I think I replied "what the hell game did you watch?" We continued back and forth, and I said he had less about 90 yards before the final drive - he was sure that the great Brady was at least at 200...I bet him. To say he was stunned when we pulled up the stats online is an understatement. He was utterly stunned that Brady had done so little....

Ahhh the Pats history machine......

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I have told the story before - but about 6-8 years ago I was talking to a friend who is a big football fan about the Pats, and I said something about the cheating and how the rams should have won. I was stunned when he started talking about how great Brady was. The Pats history machine at work - brady being this great QB that lead them to victory no matter what - an unstoppable machine. I sat there stunned that someone I respected so horrible remembered how average at best Brady was his first few years. As we debated back and forth he said something like "Brady dominated that game - heck he won MVP - he moved the ball down the field at will". I just stared at him and I think I replied "what the hell game did you watch?" We continued back and forth, and I said he had less about 90 yards before the final drive - he was sure that the great Brady was at least at 200...I bet him. To say he was stunned when we pulled up the stats online is an understatement. He was utterly stunned that Brady had done so little....

Ahhh the Pats history machine......

He must be only thinking about the last 2 minutes of each half. That's when the Rams d had no answers to brady. Although the Rams d got screwed at the end of the game. The grounding and then calling the player out of bounds when to the naked eye it looked like he was down in the field of play. That last drive killed me.

Then i had to go through it again when kurt made it to the Superbowl with the cards. The cards d turned into bumbling fools on that last drive after keeping them in the game throughout the game.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://sports.live.stltoday.com/Event/NFL_chat_with_Jim_Thomas_3

Marshall Faulk was on the air earlier this week, complaining that the Patriots must've taped the Rams' practice prior to the Super Bowl. Is he aware that Spygate had nothing to do with the Rams whatsoever?

Sorry, but are you aware that there was a second round of allegations a couple years after Spygate in which the Patriots were accused of taping the Rams' walk-through the day before Super Bowl XXXVI? It was quickly swept under the rug. Mike Martz said years later that the league asked him not to make a fuss and he complied.
--------
So, to recap, you didn't know what was going on re: the move, what disinformation you did know you won't be putting into a book, but you do believe the false story from the Boston Herald about the Rams pre-Super Bowl practice being taped. Did I miss anything?

let it go. The Patriots cheated. We know it. You know it in your heart of hearts. As coach of Denver several years later Josh McDaniels was caught red-handed taping the 49ers' practice in London. I believe one of the New England video guys was working for him in Denver at the time. It's a New England tradition. #Patriotsway
---------
All teams cheat, including the Patriots. But there was no taping of the Rams practice. That's a falsehood retracted by the people who reported it. As a journalist, it's your responsibility to not spread false stories. Unless you have proof that it actually happened--proof aside from the retracted story by a fired reporter.

Of course, if you do have that proof, you probably can't put it in that book you're wavering ethics won't allow you to write.

If you ever get the chance you should ask Mike Martz about this.

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
Vrabel helmet-spearing Warner in the face on Ty Law's pick-six
Brady's intentional grounding on the drive that set up Vinatieri's winning FG
Marshall getting mugged on pretty much every passing play

That's what I remember most about that game -- THAT and Martz' refusal to run the ball more, even though the Pats played most of the game with 5+ DB's on the field.

Don't forget the ref that stopped the clock claiming the Patriot player got out of bounds when the replay showed he was a full yd in bounds. That was huge! As far as running vs 5 D backs, I still feel that defense was more effective stopping Faulk in the run game as D backs are quicker and faster and able to handle Faulks jukes and speed. Also, the Rams did run a decent amount but got behind and only got back in the game in the 2nd half by going no huddle and passing a ton.