Marqui Christian to the Jets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have a nagging suspicion that Chinn is very high on the Rams' draft board.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Although Marqui, and then this year Rapp made some plays for us in that hybrid safety spot, I actually think we're better off using a guy that's more of a real linebacker, like a Travin Howard in a spot like that. When Howard started being used more on passing downs last year he made plays. I'm just big on having more bigger guys on the field than a bunch of secondary players. Teams seem to have been capitalizing on that against us for a few years...lots of plays with seeing big lineman down the field blockers our smaller defenders on big run plays.
I don't disagree about your opinion, it's just Staley says he is looking for players that are versatile. For example, he wants a CB to be able to play in the slot and on the outside, and maybe that's why they let Coleman walk. Regarding Safety, I see them using a player that can play back on usual downs and then play closer to the line of scrimmage, covering TE's and RB's in a Nickle or Dime package.
A player that I think fits this role well is K'von Wallace from Clemson. He is a Safety that makes many plays near the LOS. He has coverage skills and when he is near the LOS, he is great at getting off of blocks to make tackles.