Mark Sanchez: bad QB or bad with NYJ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bad QB or bad with NYJ?

• Bad QB

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • BAD with NYJ

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am not what you'd call a Sanchez fan. His questionable decisions would drive anyone nuts. His off the field "high life" is annoying.

But... he was at least decent early in his career.

Has the circus that is New York the reason he's struggling to nail the starters job?

I can't help but wonder of his career would look different had he ended up elsewhere.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Bad But more bad with the Jets. At best he's a Shurmer Qb, as in dink and dunk to minimize mistakes.
Early on he was a little better, but he has regressed the last couple years. If he wants he can have a decent career in the right situ. or as a backup.

FRO

Legend
I think he is a backup type talent wise.

The media has snowballed on this guy. It's funny how some players can do no wrong in the media's eyes, while some can't do right. For example Kaepernick overthrew a receive by a wide margin, it happens, however I was listening to NFL radio on Sirus and the host blamed the receiver. If Sanchez makes that same throw then he gets killed for it.

I think Sanchez would be a good backup for us if he is willing to accept the backup role. He knows the offense and was the QB of a team that went to 2 AFC title games.

A55VA6

Legend
He's not a starting NFL QB in my opinion. He's a quality backup though.

Lesson

Oh, really?
He's a bad QB. He went 9-7 with a team in 2009 that went 9-7 the previous season. He had early success due to a very talented defense and good offensive players around him. Both of those have declined as his performance.

At this point, Sanchez is nothing more than a fringe starter or decent backup, IMO.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
IMO he's just like Matt Leinart. Two over-hyped QBs coming out of USC that experienced success at the college level under Pete "the Cheat" Carroll.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't think he's that good of a QB, nor should he be a starter. However I'd take him in a heartbeat to be the #2 behind Sam, because he's someone you could rely to come into a game and not totally fuck everything up. He's just not someone who's a long term option. I just wouldn't want to pay much for him, nor have him start.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sanchez had me fooled. He looked very good at USC. But their roster was so stacked with superior athletes, that it was hard not to succeed. He had all the time in the world to throw and his receivers were bigger, faster and more physical than any DBs they played against. Top that off with a good running game that garnered respect from the defense and how do you fail?

This is why I am less comfortable calling big time program players cant miss. They have all of the talent around them. How do you know they can do it on a more even playing field?

BTW I wanted the Rams to draft Sanchez, they took Smith instead, so it is a wash.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
To me he is like a young Tony Romo. He makes a good play then 10 dumb ones. Could be better in a better situation I think

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He's never progressed at all before last season. Usually rookies steadily get better. Mark Sanchez stalled his entire career. And now w/ his OL getting older and losing guys like Alan Faneca,plus an amazing underrated runner Thomas Jones he's been exposed. He makes errant throws which doesn't help out his already "meh" WRs.

Oh and he runs into the ass of his linemen.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
In a nut shell, he doesn't elevate the play of those around him. He was a reach and this is an example of what happens when you gamble and miss.

Sanchez + draft status = Bust/bad QB

Id take him as a back up for slightly over the vet minimum.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From what I heard when I talked to a couple guys that know what they're talking about when it comes to QBs, they believe that NYJ ruined Sanchez.

But I've never been a Sanchez fan going back to him as a prospect.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
jrry32 said:
From what I heard when I talked to a couple guys that know what they're talking about when it comes to QBs, they believe that NYJ ruined Sanchez.

But I've never been a Sanchez fan going back to him as a prospect.

He wasn't as good as they thought he was when they crowned him the "Snachise" he's not as bad as they make him out to be now.
Namath BTW wasn't THAT good either, the New York press adopts a tome and run it in the ground each trying to outdo the other with "slants"

Sanchez can be a serviceable player but he'd need a better coach, IMO he's every bit as good a QB as his HC is at his profession.