Mark Barron signs with the Steelers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am glad.. We need a real LBer for a 3-4 system

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope he does well. Barron is a fearless football player and I liked him in horns, no denying he fit better in the Williams/Fisher defense

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I think it's a bit high too, but PITT has a ship that is taking on water.

Bell and Brown gone, Reothlisberger is not getting younger and has taken a LOT of hits in his career and just lost his two biggest weapons, they were essentially 9-7 last year.

They need all the help they can get LOL.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
2 years at 12 million means he signed for 6 million per year. Weren't we paying him around 14 million per year? Heh if that is the case then he signed for less than half of last year's salary. Onward and upward for the Rams is all I can say.

~ArkyRamsFan~

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Can we get a 7th round Comp pick for that contract?? Appreciate what Barron brought to the D in 2014 compared to what was before him. I remember guys like Culberson, Larry Grant, Poppinga and other forgettable LBs through the years. Barron came in and was a good LB immediately after a position switch. Pound for pound the guy hits as hard as anyone in the league when he's fresh IMO.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I actually was not sure he'd get signed, which I posted earlier today. Shows what I know! Congrats to Mark Barron. He always played hard for us and, when healthy, is a very solid player. He always seemed to be injured as of late, but in the playoffs he was great. I don't think it is by coincidence that his better performance came when he finally seemed to be getting healthy. If Pittsburgh can maximize his talents, they got themselves a good player. I'm surprised he got as much money as he did though. Too steep for what he offers IMO. 2-3 years ago, sure.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I wish him luck, but still think his best position is as a WOLB in a 4-3.

Ram65

Legend
Good for Mark Barron. That's more than I thought he would get. Interesting to see where he plays and how much he plays.