Mariota will throw, Winston planning to throw at combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt

.@RapSheet now reporting Winston will throw at combine. Mariota, Winston, Petty, Mannion, Hundley all will throw. Maybe tide is turning.

=============

Report: Jameis Winston “planning” to throw at Combine as well
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on February 17, 2015, 10:56 PM EST

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...winston-planning-to-throw-at-combine-as-well/

In recent years, the highest profile quarterback prospects have elected to forgo taking part in throwing drills at the NFL Scouting Combine in favor of waiting for their Pro Day workouts when they can work with receivers they are much more familiar with.

However, it now appears as if both of the top quarterback talents in this year’s draft – Oregon’s Marcus Mariota and Florida State’s Jameis Winston – will throw at the Combine this week.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Winston is “planning” to throw at the Combine when quarterbacks take part in workouts on Saturday.

George Whitfield, Winston’s throwing coach, had called it a “game-time decision” as to whether Winston would throw or not. It’s possible with Mariota electing to take part, it pressured Winston to follow suit.

Either way, it’s good to see players invited to the Combine fully participating instead of standing around and watching instead.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good to see. Hopefully, they both suck at the Combine and teams will be stupid enough to drop them down the board like they've done in the past.

Athos

Legend
Good to see. Hopefully, they both suck at the Combine and teams will be stupid enough to drop them down the board like they've done in the past.

Hoping for a Bridgewater style combine where both look absolutely dreadful.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno that a bad combine would matter unless they were dreadful at their pro day also...

Too much tape. And Bridgewater just won ROY after stinking up the combine. You think guys forgot that?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno that a bad combine would matter unless they were dreadful at their pro day also...

Too much tape. And Bridgewater just won ROY after stinking up the combine. You think guys forgot that?

Hopefully.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The very definition of wishful thinking...

It's a QB driven league. If the FO in any of the top 6 teams thinks those 2 guys can be that Franchise guy, we have NO chance at either of them in that I just cannot see Snead giving up multiple first rounders for either.

I'll have to set the remote far from me because if they DO do something like that, I don't want to throw the remote without thinking...

I'd much rather get Lael Collins or Kevin White or trade down and load up on OL, CB, LB and a QB

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure someone has told them that throwing can only increase their stock. Still good to see the best competing though.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Should make for a fun Saturday watching the combine. I'm glad these guys all have the guts to throw, it always has bothered me when they shy away from throwing at the combine.

Athos

Legend
I think if either makes it to 4, or even 5, I think the Rams really gotta try to trade up.

If one of them magically makes it past the Jets, I think you do anything you can to grab one.

At worst, I hope they have a bad day(s) that drop that far enough for a reasonable trade up.

jjab360

Legend

Even though it wasn't the official award and it's not like he deserved to win it. At all.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Those two guys can dribble the ball down the field and they are still going top 6. After them what's left, a mini van full of Gabbert's and Ponder"s wanna be's?