Marcus Peters is one of PFF's top ten Cornerbacks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Does PFF rate you differently if its zone? Balls are thrown to his side. The pick 6 helps a lot I guess.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Marcus Peters is awesome
Don’t understand the hate for our CB

I think it is probably the way he looks when he DOES get beat. It is usually some bad street-ball look, with him jogging after the guy pointing, or looking over his shoulder, as if to say, “that’s not my guy!”

Now, is there usually a case of “if your name is not called, it’s a good thing?”, and MP is blanketing his guy most of the game? Maybe. I certainly want to be fair to him.
I’ll key in on him a bit more.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think Peters gets a far worse rap than he deserves around here. He is a Ram, hasn't missed any time and despite his horrendous tackling form, he plays passionately.
He isn't my favorite player by any stretch but the hate he gets is why I am sporting the #22.

I guarantee you that Wade knew what he was getting and was all for it. The "Peters is a thug" and "he keeps Wade from running man coverage" just are not fair or accurate comments imo. He hasnt caused any trouble off the field - so who g.a.f. where he is from or how he comes across to you through your TV. You dont know him.
The usage of the word "thug" by white guys who don't know him.... I don't like it. When he does something "thuggish", have at him, but he hasn't. His teammates seem to support him and appreciate him so I do too.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
A defender who oftentimes purposefully avoids tackling is troubling for me. Used to think the very same about Deion Sanders, and Peters is FAR from him talent wise.

oldnotdead

Legend
LMFAO What more proof do you need that PFF is a fraud? I've seen at least 3-4 times when he simply lets his guy run free because he's guessing. It's one thing if you do it in zone and another if you do it when playing single high man....which is when these things happen. This is complete proof that they don't watch every play like they claim.

The old man Talib has clearly out played him and his age is showing. Peters can be good but only when he wants to be. When you watch his play overall, IMO he's nothing special. Certainly not worth what they are paying him.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
LMFAO What more proof do you need that PFF is a fraud? I've seen at least 3-4 times when he simply lets his guy run free because he's guessing. It's one thing if you do it in zone and another if you do it when playing single high man....which is when these things happen. This is complete proof that they don't watch every play like they claim.

The old man Talib has clearly out played him and his age is showing. Peters can be good but only when he wants to be. When you watch his play overall, IMO he's nothing special. Certainly not worth what they are paying him.

Wow.......

I wonder what you’re feelings are on this guy if you hate Marcus Peters so much

Holy shit bro

16FCCDF8-8AB7-45F4-A15E-4B6687DF034F.gif

oldnotdead

Legend
I don't hate Peters, but he's over rated and his ego won't ever allow him to be the pretty damn good CB he could be. He won't ever be that CB who played at an elite level early in his career again. He's always looking for the splash play. When he guesses wrong we have seen the results in how badly he gets burned. He's the weakest link in the secondary and QBs and OCs have targeted him by baiting him out of position. Anyone like PFF claims to be would see that. People act like PFF is the end all, yet most of the actual HC in the NFL think they are garbage and have at times said as much. PFF is for lazy media types who don't want to do their own research.

All I'm saying is that this is a perfect example of how far off PFF is and why they really shouldn't be relied upon to judge players.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
All I'm saying is that this is a perfect example of how far off PFF is and why they really shouldn't be relied upon to judge players.

Well, if he is that weak of a link, why did he get through our playoff run without being really picked on by those QBs?
Lots of corners get burned sometimes. It really looks like several of the times blamed on MP were at least partially if not wholly on the safety.

The Rams haven't seemed like they were desperate to replace him, and his contract isnt a deal breaker. They could have parted ways but they didn't.

Not everyone can be all-world like Donald..... which btw - I dont recall any complaints about PFF when we are posting their ratings for him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lots of corners get burned sometimes. It really looks like several of the times blamed on MP were at least partially if not wholly on the safety.

I know on the Metcalf td that Johnson bit hard on the shorter route leaving the back end totally unprotected.

However on the Moore td Peters was woeful in just about everything he did. There's no way in the world a td should have been scored there but Peters just overran the play for no reason and left an easy pathway to the endzone.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know on the Metcalf td that Johnson bit hard on the shorter route leaving the back end totally unprotected.

However on the Moore td Peters was woeful in just about everything he did. There's no way in the world a td should have been scored there but Peters just overran the play for no reason and left an easy pathway to the endzone.

Agreed.
Peter's does make frustrating errors and his tackling is gross. But his pick 6 was no coincidence. Nobody has ever had more ints in their 1st 3 seasons. It's been a harder transition for him here, in this D than what he was used to in KC, where Peters was at times phenomenal and other times he struggled... he isn't all bad. He brings a quality our defense needs - takeaways. The threat of a bad pass in his direction is on every opposing QBs mind.