Marcus Peters, Dante Fowler absent from start of Rams’ offseason workouts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...absent-from-start-of-rams-offseason-workouts/

Marcus Peters, Dante Fowler absent from start of Rams’ offseason workouts

The defending NFC champions opened their offseason program on Monday, without a pair of key defensive players present.

Coach Sean McVay acknowledged to reporters that linebacker Dante Fowler and cornerback Marcus Peters did not attend. McVay didn’t fault them for being absent, pointing out that the workouts are “voluntary” and that they “had communicated well ahead of time.”

“Certainly, it is voluntary and we understand that,” McVay said. “But as long as we just know they’re in a good place or what’s going on with them. . . . [Fowler and Peters will] be here once they get some of those things taken care of that they had to do.”

McVay also expressed hope that cornerback Troy Hill and linebacker Cory Littleton, both unsigned restricted free agents, will soon join the team.

“I think once they come in, you’d like to be able to get those guys to sign,” McVay said. “That’s something that we’re navigating through right now. Cory was the other guy that he communicated to us that he had something going on. We don’t expect anything to be different. Those are guys that we hope to be on our team and looking forward to working with.”

For a team that is known for its offense, the L.A. defense also has significance. After all, it held the Patriots to a mere 13 points in Super Bowl LIII, a thin silver lining in what ultimately was a 10-point loss.

fearsomefour

Legend
So.....no big deal?
Peters may have just gotten crossed up and spent the day driving around Orange County somewhere.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or they had family commitments they wanted to take care of. Not a big deal IMO for Fowler who signed, minor annoyance from Peters who's in the last year of his rookie deal. Wait and see.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They don't need no stinkin practice.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Littleton remaining unsigned is a bigger worry.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Or they had family commitments they wanted to take care of. Not a big deal IMO for Fowler who signed, minor annoyance from Peters who's in the last year of his rookie deal. Wait and see.
I think I read that Peters is out for the birth of a new kid.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
They don't need no stinkin practice.
download (8).jpeg

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Littleton remaining unsigned is a bigger worry.
I would not be too concerned. Cory has just been offered a nice raise by the Rams. He worked for $ 630K last season. He was offered $3.1 million for 2019. Rams gave him an opportunity to start last season & he played very well for a first season starter. He might even get the opportunity to play in the post where Mark Barron worked.

The weakside Internal LB'er post is better suited for his natural skills & talents of Cory IMO. It should put him in a place where he can excel beyond what we saw in 2018 & have a very big contractual 2019 season that will open the doors to an even bigger contract & better future. Rams have given Cory a great opportunity. Why would he not eventually sigh & play for the Rams in 2019?

I believe the new trio of Inside LB'ers Kiser/ Matthews/ Littleton will improve the overall performance of the defense in 2019 from what we saw in 2018. Wade & Barry just needs to get Kiser, Matthews & Howard a good amount of reps to ensure this......Cory does not need that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Peters has maned up. He will be Ram for years to come ?? My big beef on Peters is his hand size. I think he has seriously small hands.

During the playoffs he kept his mouth shut & talked straight up team first. We not Me !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I would not be too concerned. Cory has just been offered a nice raise by the Rams. He worked for $ 630K last season. He was offered $3.1 million for 2019. Rams gave him an opportunity to start last season & he played very well for a first season starter. He might even get the opportunity to play in the post where Mark Barron worked.

The weakside Internal LB'er post is better suited for his natural skills & talents of Cory IMO. It should put him in a place where he can excel beyond what we saw in 2018 & have a very big contractual 2019 season that will open the doors to an even bigger contract & better future. Rams have given Cory a great opportunity. Why would he not eventually sigh & play for the Rams in 2019?

I believe the new trio of Inside LB'ers Kiser/ Matthews/ Littleton will improve the overall performance of the defense in 2019 from what we saw in 2018. Wade & Barry just needs to get Kiser, Matthews & Howard a good amount of reps to ensure this......Cory does not need that.

I find it interesting The Rams have not picked up any of there FA LBers ??
Littleton.Wilson.Hager ??

My thought is The Rams might have There eye on a game changer at LBer in 2019 draft ??
Johnson & TE coach both were on the field last season during drills. I wonder if they picked up on anything (traits) from that experience from a scouting point ?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I think Peters has maned up. He will be Ram for years to come ?? My big beef on Peters is his hand size. I think he has seriously small hands.

During the playoffs he kept his mouth shut & talked straight up team first. We not Me !!
That's your big beef with Peters? So really no beef at all then. It doesn't seemed to have affected him negatively to this point in his career so there's nothing to actually have a beef with.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

My thought is The Rams might have There eye on a game changer at LBer in 2019 draft ??
Johnson & TE coach both were on the field last season during drills. I wonder if they picked up on anything (traits) from that experience from a scouting point ?

Rams did sign Interior LB'er Clay Matthews. He has been posted up inside for several seasons now & recently said he prefers to play inside.

If ILB'er Delvin Bush is on the board when Snead is ready to pick @ #31 high probability the Rams take him. If David Long is on the board @ 3rd/ #99 he will get a good look over. In the 5th rd #169 pick is where Jahlani Tavai would be a great selection. That my 2 cents worth.

After the dust of the draft has settled thats when we might see Bryce Hager's name come up if there has been no selection of an ILB'er. .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's your big beef with Peters? So really no beef at all then. It doesn't seemed to have affected him negatively to this point in his career so there's nothing to actually have a beef with.
Not at all !! Wade said henhenhas his front