Marc Bulger on injuries

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Yeah, well, none of you have been attacked by no-see-ums.

So... there's that.

Win.

[ Image ]

Well, Selassie might have. These things will get on you like a horde if you're not careful.

And talk about itchy/painful ..... WOW.

Nah - you'll have those damn things to look forward to if you move to the Northwest. They suck. And what a stupid name. I suppose if you are half blind you can't see 'em. Never been swarmed on like that though.

Anonymous

X said:

So... there's that.

Win.

[ Image ]

Well, Selassie might have. These things will get on you like a horde if you're not careful.

Not a win.

I chopped down the biggest tree in the forest. WITH a herring.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
zn said:
X said:

So... there's that.

Win.

[ Image ]

Not a win.

A Hewwing? That's impossible!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
X said:

So... there's that.

Win.

[ Image ]

Nah - you'll have those damn things to look forward to if you move to the Northwest. They suck. And what a stupid name. I suppose if you are half blind you can't see 'em. Never been swarmed on like that though.
Seriously? They're over there too? Damn.

I don't know if that picture was actually the correct representation of the ones I ran into over on Hutchinson Island. I literally couldn't see them, and it felt like I was getting burned with cigarettes on both my legs. They say the smallest of them can fit through the holes in screens, so those must have been the ones I ran into.

And no-see-um is a lot easier to say than Ceratopogonidae.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
zn said:
X said:

So... there's that.

Win.

[ Image ]

Not a win.

Yeah, I read about that. That was you?

Still, you don't win. That wasn't a California Redwood.

Which I cut down with a mackerel.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
And no-see-um is a lot easier to say than Ceratopogonidae.

No doubt. They ARE tiny but they are black and you definitely can see 'em. They are roughly a fourth the size of a flea and sting like a muthuhfugger for such a little thing. Most of the time I've had run ins with them was while I was steelhead or salmon fishing on small rivers but I got stung/bit by them out in front of my brewery the other day.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
zn said:
X said:

So... there's that.

Win.

[ Image ]

Not a win.

Yeah, I read about that. That was you?

Still, you don't win. That wasn't a California Redwood.

Which I cut down with a mackerel.
Pshaw. I slept through the Sylmar earthquake. When I woke up, the rest of my family was standing in the hallway outside my bedroom door.

Mine defeats both of yours because it really happened. Btw, I was 10 at the time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:
Pshaw. I slept through the Sylmar earthquake. When I woke up, the rest of my family was standing in the hallway outside my bedroom door.

Mine defeats both of yours because it really happened. Btw, I was 10 at the time.

I might have slept through the Sylmar quake if my brother hadn't swung down from the top bunk and landed on my head. True story. Also, we had a junior Olympic size built in pool - 12 feet deep at deep end. The quake emptied it to a couple of feet of water but didn't crack it. I ran outside with my Dad telling us to get out of the house to see waves coming over the 6 ft high fence surrounding the pool. Kinda freaky.

Were you down there for the 1968 quake? That was a doozy too.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:

I might have slept through the Sylmar quake if my brother hadn't swung down from the top bunk and landed on my head. True story. Also, we had a junior Olympic size built in pool - 12 feet deep at deep end. The quake emptied it to a couple of feet of water but didn't crack it. I ran outside with my Dad telling us to get out of the house to see waves coming over the 6 ft high fence surrounding the pool. Kinda freaky.

I don't remember that one. I've been through several though--87' Whittier (that one banged hard, and I was in a warehouse with tall racks), the 2 Landers quakes in 92 (woke us up 2 hours apart), and the 94 Northridge quake.

But that wasn't the worst disaster related thing about living in So. Cal. The wildfires could last more than a week, with soot falling out of the skies. We lived in Claremont, near the foothills (but not so near that we were in danger), and I remember one year a fire that was some 20 miles to the east of us moved across the foothills that entire distance in one night.

Anonymous

Ram Quixote said:
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:

I don't remember that one. I've been through several though--87' Whittier (that one banged hard, and I was in a warehouse with tall racks), the 2 Landers quakes in 92 (woke us up 2 hours apart), and the 94 Northridge quake.

But that wasn't the worst disaster related thing about living in So. Cal. The wildfires could last more than a week, with soot falling out of the skies. We lived in Claremont, near the foothills (but not so near that we were in danger), and I remember one year a fire that was some 20 miles to the east of us moved across the foothills that entire distance in one night.

I've lived in Claremont. Twice, in fact. 1977 (where and when I became a Rams fan) and in 1984.

lcphi2.jpg

I

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
No-see-ums... Check. In fact, I've been sawed up by them many times. :amped: They fucking suck.

I've gone through my share of hurricanes too. The one Paul talked about crossing over FL into the Gulf and then heading back across again was Faye or Charlie I think... there were actually 3 that hit us one after another that year. Central FL where I am was hit very hard. My favorite place in the Bahamas was totally destroyed during one of those three as well,,, and it has never been repaired to this day. We had no power for about a full month. Not something I want to go through again. We had what we called a hurricane party during those weeks... lots of major drinking etc in order to remain sane... the lack of AC was just BRUTAL.

I've also been hit by a number of small tsunamis when I lived in Hawaii. Nothing to the scale that the recent ones were by any means. But we knew that we shouldn't take anything down on the beach that you couldn't stand to loose. Waves would come up out of nowhere and take everything out with it. All we'd take were our straw mats to lay on, and I'd keep the lease on my board attached to my ankle while I was just laying around. Those were crazy.

I can deal with all of those better than I could ever deal with the cold though. I used to have to visit my parents in NE (during the Holidays) when my Dad was stationed there. One day it was 38 degrees below zero and the guy on the TV was saying that you could go outside and die because your lungs could freeze. Fuck that shit... I'll sweat it out down here with the hurricanes.

We've got a tropical storm dumping rain on us as I type... been raining for 3 days now.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
zn said:
Ram Quixote said:
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:

I've lived in Claremont. Twice, in fact. 1977 (where and when I became a Rams fan) and in 1984.

[ Image ]
I
Bought our first house there in '90. Sold it in '05. Claremont was a great place to raise our son.

Anonymous

Ram Quixote said:
zn said:
Ram Quixote said:
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:

[ Image ]
I
Bought our first house there in '90. Sold it in '05. Claremont was a great place to raise our son.

Did you know about Turpentine Cat videos? Just a normal video store but specialized in rare and out of the way films.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:

Yeah - we lived in Canoga Park right next to Northridge. My Dad was a firefighter stationed next to the Van Nuys airport. When the Santa Anas started to blow, we knew he was going to get that call. I remember a bunch of those nasty ass wildfires. One in Chatsworth IIRR was moving at something like 60 miles per hour. 60 - 70 mile per hour warm winds and dry brush... not a good combination.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
Actually, the river incurred tsunami like effects. Running backward is far from accurate and really actually impossible for the largest river in North America. I have no doubt there were areas of back eddies caused by the banks crumbling but... And also, I suggest the USGS is a little more reliable source. They place the New Madrid quakes at #18 - 20 with a magnitude 7.5 - 7.7. I'll agree though - if another one hits that area and it reaches its potential of apparently another 7.5 - 7.7, the damages could be catastrophic. Though the mighty Mississippi will still run toward the sea - wherever that coast line ends up. :sly:

BTW... I can see the eyes of the members of this board glazing over as I type this. :bign:

It did run backwards and formed Reelfoot Lake in the process

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reelfoot_Lake

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
Actually, the river incurred tsunami like effects. Running backward is far from accurate and really actually impossible for the largest river in North America.

What I posted is accurate and backed up by eye-witness accounts from up and down the river and as far north as the Ohio.

As for the tsunami thing, that is stated in the very first article I posted on this.

Earthquake causes fluvial tsunami in Mississippi

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-hist ... ississippi

On this day in 1812, the most violent of a series of earthquakes near Missouri causes a so-called fluvial tsunami in the Mississippi River, actually making the river run backward for several hours. The series of tremors, which took place between December 1811 and March 1812, were the most powerful in the history of the United States.

Yes there are some accounts that differ on the strength of the quake, and to the rest of us non-experts that just means there's a dispute by experts.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I could see if the flow of the river actually had somewhere to go - as in a depression to fill. Never heard of the lake in Tennessee and obviously it had to get filled somehow. Not sure that constitutes running backward but OK. I suppose a section of the river would have to drain out to fill that depression. Works for me. I stand corrected.

What were we talking about again? :sly:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Some geolgists maintain thatall the oil under the state of Missouri was drained by the quake.
I live on a finger of Crowleys Ridge which crosses into So.Ill a few miles north of me and connects the Arkansas/Missouri Ozarks to the Il Ozarks and I swear has some genelogical effect, because Much of the dental formations are similar all along that ridge.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thordaddy said:
Some geolgists maintain thatall the oil under the state of Missouri was drained by the quake.
I live on a finger of Crowleys Ridge which crosses into So.Ill a few miles north of me and connects the Arkansas/Missouri Ozarks to the Il Ozarks and I swear has some genelogical effect, because Much of the dental formations are similar all along that ridge.

A lot of banjo music in that area as well? :sly:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
I could see if the flow of the river actually had somewhere to go - as in a depression to fill. Never heard of the lake in Tennessee and obviously it had to get filled somehow. Not sure that constitutes running backward but OK. I suppose a section of the river would have to drain out to fill that depression. Works for me. I stand corrected.

What were we talking about again? :sly:
I think we were talking about Marc Bulger and his cousin Chuck Norris. that they both attributed their Super Hero abilities to you secret sauce. :ww:

A few years back circa 1990 a scientist predicted the New Madrid fault was going to shift on a date certain, two days after it didn't happen the the Miss. river overflowed all the way to Memphis from people pouring out their uneeded supplies of emergency water :shock:
Local joke, best I could do on short notice.