Manziel won't throw at Combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If I threw like Tebow, I wouldn't wanna throw either. Lol

fearsomefour

Legend
Wouldn't take Manziel with anything higher than a 3 rd round pick. To me his best case comparison is Jeff Garcia.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Wow...

Best case scenario is Ryan Leaf. :D

Go ahead Texas. He does dare you, after all. He hasn't learned to weather the hype much. What an idiot...

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree. I would put him right about at a Tony Romo level.
Romo is one of the better QBs in the league and is certainly a better talent as a thrower than Manziel. But who knows? If projecting development with QBs there would be no busts.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Romo is one of the better QBs in the league and is certainly a better talent as a thrower than Manziel. But who knows? If projecting development with QBs there would be no busts.

"I don't throw picks or fumble the ball often, but when I do...

I make sure it's late in games."

Haha! That's Romo for you.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
His maturity issues scare me the most, or I would love the guy. Not throwing at the combine,,,FUCK the agents, and FUCK anybody that would listen to them regarding this. For you filter loving people, I said, "Freak the agents, and FREAK anybody that would listen to them..."

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah. Good ol Tony. He has his moments for sure. Would take him over plenty of guys though.

Absolutely. Don't really consider the top QB's as franchise QB's. Bortles would be my pick out of any of them. He's a big man with a big arm.

Bridgewater is a lesser version of RGME and Manziel is a Pre-Madonna, not my style.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Things I like about JFB ... Crazy ass highlights, competitive fire.

Things I don't like about JFB .. size. Really not about his height, but his build is extremely slight.. especially for a guy who relies on running the football. His maturity. Kid sounds more like a Ryan Leaf than anything else... and if THAT is not a red flag ... well. And finally ... I just don't see "his game" translating to the NFL. JFB's college career looked like somebody playing back yard football .... running around bouncing off players like a pinball machine .. carrying the ball out loose like a loaf of bread .. heaving it up into the air to his 6'5" WR to snag over lesser talents. Has he even ever taken a snap from under Center?

I just don't see JFB's as being a good fit. His issues scare the crap out of me and and hold less weight than his college highlights. I wouldn't want to spend a high draft pick ... and definitely would not want to rely on him putting it all together early on. He just scares the Bajeezus out of me. He truly is a "Boom or Bust" type of player.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
His maturity issues scare me the most, or I would love the guy. Not throwing at the combine,,,freak the agents, and freak anybody that would listen to them regarding this. For you filter loving people, I said, "Freak the agents, and FREAK anybody that would listen to them..."

Bradford didn't throw at the combine...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Bradford didn't throw at the combine...
Bradford was recovering from an injury, and on a very tight schedule, but if he was healthy, I would have said the same thing. But like I mentioned, the maturity of Manziel worries me the most. I wouldn't have him on my board, or I would drop him way down.