Malcolm Brown Shut me Up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was a guy saying Kelly should be #2 behind Gurley, but not after yesterday's game...That one stick he put on a guy was freakin' phenomenal. Brown also ran the ball downhill pretty well, and so he definitely deserves the #2 spot.

Rainram

Starter
Brown’s solid in the role he was in last night.

If we had to rely on him if *that which will not be spoken* were to happen...I’d like someone with more explosion.

I’m curious, too, why Davis is ahead of Kelly.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Brown’s solid in the role he was in last night.

If we had to rely on him if *that which will not be spoken* were to happen...I’d like someone with more explosion.

I’m curious, too, why Davis is ahead of Kelly.

Pass pro. That's almost uniformly the reason. Even rookies that hit big like Gurley, Zeke and Fournette either had struggles in pass pro or had a complimentary 3rd down back as a rookie who'd come in on passing downs.

Honestly, I love that our RBs don't just stand in the way of blitzers, but put them on their asses.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pass pro. That's almost uniformly the reason. Even rookies that hit big like Gurley, Zeke and Fournette either had struggles in pass pro or had a complimentary 3rd down back as a rookie who'd come in on passing downs.

Honestly, I love that our RBs don't just stand in the way of blitzers, but put them on their asses.

everyone is sold on this year ,,,even Kupp is out there throwing out blocks like he wants to be the next Orlando Pace ..hell all our WRs are blocking with intent

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
It's nice that we have a lot of depth at RB. Yeah we saw Malcolm put #57 on his ass yesterday allowing Goff more time. He also had some nifty runs and caught that 2-pt conversion. Some of us were putting Kelly ahead of him for good reason because Kelly had a good preseason and Malcolm looked ho-hum. But in regular season games Malcolm makes some plays out there...even last year. Kelly is flashy... Brown is solid.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's nice that we have a lot of depth at RB. Yeah we saw Malcolm put #57 on his ass yesterday allowing Goff more time. He also had some nifty runs and caught that 2-pt conversion. Some of us were putting Kelly ahead of him for good reason because Kelly had a good preseason and Malcolm looked ho-hum. But in regular season games Malcolm makes some plays out there...even last year. Kelly is flashy... Brown is solid.

Go back to Monday Nughtbwhen he caught a 3rd down catch that helped open the game up. It was a huge play(down) , & Goff point to Brown just to let him know just that !!

He has been a core special teams player & helps eat up carries in the 4th qrt to save Gurleys legs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to dismiss any of Browns heroics, he was great, but the oline is just blowing people off the ball

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I was a guy saying Kelly should be #2 behind Gurley, but not after yesterday's game...That one stick he put on a guy was freakin' phenomenal. Brown also ran the ball downhill pretty well, and so he definitely deserves the #2 spot.

Yeah and one thing people underrate about him is his hands in the passing game. The dude is a very capable option in the passing game.

Rams' RB coach deserves some cred on these guys IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Veteran respect.
He knows the offense better.
He's a better blocker on pass plays.

Could be any of those things.
It's just nice to be this deep.

Yeah the depth chart they list doesn't mean very much. In the unfortunate event the Rams were to get to 3 on the depth chart I am pretty sure Kelly would dress and play a lot of snaps.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Malcolm Brown Shut me Up.
Damn that's not easy...
giphy.gif

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
He did have a good game. I too was saying that Kelly should be ahead of Brown. Just shows that the coaching staff knows better than we do, they see far more than we do.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Also... Brown was kinda mailing it in during preseason, but he looked much more focused out there vs Cards