Making the cut; Marquez North

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/08/making-the-cut-wide-receiver-marquez-north/

Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Marquez North was an up-and-coming star at the University of Tennessee, but he did not have the storybook ending to his college career.

Let’s start from the beginning. North would end up catching 38 passes for 496 yards in his freshman year, but his production would decrease his sophomore year.

Even though North caught three more touchdowns his sophomore year, he had 170 receiving yards less than his freshman season. With the slip of production, it was important for North to excel moving forward in the Volunteers offense.

Unfortunately for North, he would deal with a list of injuries that would ultimately force him to sit him for most of the following season. Even with him only catching six passes in his junior year, North decided to declare for the NFL draft. This was obviously one of the main reasons why he was undrafted.

For North, he will now be going up against a wide range of WRs for a roster spot. The Rams have quite a few talented and intriguing options, including the likes of North, Pharoh Cooper, Mike Thomas, Bradley Marquez, Brian Quick, Nelson Spruce and a few other UDFAs.

North has the athleticism and speed to become a WR at the NFL level, but the lack of experience and injury issues are somewhat of a red flag. After the fall semester, during which football is usually over, North was not registered for any classes. It was clear he wanted to try to get to the pros fast, but maybe it was too fast.

Chances of Making Final Roster: 2/10
It’s going to be interesting to watch all of the WRs battle for a roster spot on the Rams. However, when it comes to North and his opportunity with the Rams, there simply are better options at the wide receiver spot.

If he would have stayed in college, and potentially put together an outstanding senior year, he may have been drafted though.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I think North and Duke Williams are both NFL talents but I honestly don't know where they fit in on this team. Barring injuries or a great camp I think they both get cut or put on practice team because the rams simply have too many receivers. Not a bad problem to have compared to prior years lol

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Well, I think North makes the roster...He can play multiple ST positions....He a physical freak with the height, weight, & speed stuff....Nice big hands....I'd hate to cut him, Duke, Spruce, or McRoberts....seriously...But North squeezes out Bradley Marquez for wr #6.....We have 2 great slot wrs in Cooper & Tavon....I think Mike Thomas can play the slot too... If we were happy with Marquez, we don't draft Cooper...And we surely don't sign Spruce & Duke...two excellent, big-slot wrs...

Athos

Legend
The only way I see North or Williams making the cut is if Quick doesn't and I'm you the Rams ride that train through this year until it burns through the wall.

North is a talent, but he's had quite a few injuries.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/08/making-the-cut-wide-receiver-marquez-north/

Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Marquez North was an up-and-coming star at the University of Tennessee, but he did not have the storybook ending to his college career.

Let’s start from the beginning. North would end up catching 38 passes for 496 yards in his freshman year, but his production would decrease his sophomore year.

Even though North caught three more touchdowns his sophomore year, he had 170 receiving yards less than his freshman season. With the slip of production, it was important for North to excel moving forward in the Volunteers offense.

Unfortunately for North, he would deal with a list of injuries that would ultimately force him to sit him for most of the following season. Even with him only catching six passes in his junior year, North decided to declare for the NFL draft. This was obviously one of the main reasons why he was undrafted.

For North, he will now be going up against a wide range of WRs for a roster spot. The Rams have quite a few talented and intriguing options, including the likes of North, Pharoh Cooper, Mike Thomas, Bradley Marquez, Brian Quick, Nelson Spruce and a few other UDFAs.

North has the athleticism and speed to become a WR at the NFL level, but the lack of experience and injury issues are somewhat of a red flag. After the fall semester, during which football is usually over, North was not registered for any classes. It was clear he wanted to try to get to the pros fast, but maybe it was too fast.

Chances of Making Final Roster: 2/10
It’s going to be interesting to watch all of the WRs battle for a roster spot on the Rams. However, when it comes to North and his opportunity with the Rams, there simply are better options at the wide receiver spot.

If he would have stayed in college, and potentially put together an outstanding senior year, he may have been drafted though.
I have like North from Day One! I think he'll make the final Cut!

fancents86

Starter
Well, I think North makes the roster...He can play multiple ST positions....He a physical freak with the height, weight, & speed stuff....Nice big hands....I'd hate to cut him, Duke, Spruce, or McRoberts....seriously...But North squeezes out Bradley Marquez for wr #6.....We have 2 great slot wrs in Cooper & Tavon....I think Mike Thomas can play the slot too... If we were happy with Marquez, we don't draft Cooper...And we surely don't sign Spruce & Duke...two excellent, big-slot wrs...

Marquez is a ST beast, and a decent reciver that showed much promise. He ain't going anywhere.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wait... This was on USA today? It seriously reads like a not so bright 10 year old wrote it. How do all these horrible, half wit "writers" get published nowadays? I don't know why it irritates me so much, but it does.

Peeps should just get their Rams NEW from ROD where everyone is brilliant. Oh, and I am intrigued by North and give him a better than 20% chance to make the final roster..

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
I would put both North &Duke on roster. Britt is worthless. We will keep him but he's been given every chance and at best has been mediocre. Quick too. Why not go with two young guys who have as much if not mor ability, and haven't already blown NFL opportunities. I hate the fact that NONEof the UDFA receivers wILL probably make it. Well go with what we've had and the draft picks. What we've had is not good.