Making a champion - Break down of McVay's Super Bowl game plan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sounds like some shit they enjoy watching on the 9ers board.

You always say what you want!!

What I know is there is a flow to the game. The bigger the moment the more intense it is.

Crazy - I NEVER knew Mcvay & O’Connell scripted the first 15 plays.
Made me start to question the play calling even more & trying to figure out Mcvay’s madness.

I NEVER bought into the Little Genus thing after his 1st & 2nd year.I bet know he doesn’t remember half his calls from the past ? Figure of speech,but he was such a young HC & the game & surroundings change. He has even changed as a person,but what makes Sean Mcvay GREAT is his consistency.He put in that John Wooden Triangle Pyramid & WE not ME.His character & believes are amazing.

I can talk about how he could have done better. 2 real keys for me were the first 3 run calls & just blanked to start the game was tough.If you have 2 weeks to game plan & those are your first 3 plays. UGH - long day offensively.
I know all that had happened,but Matthew Stafford was in a Zone. The play calling was excellent.The rhythm was flowing & Mcvay just BOTCHED it up.
My take is old school of either way you play it when your moving the ball something is working.The run game wasn’t there so you pass to establish the RUN!!
I love me some HENDO!! A play action after both Hopkins & Ben Sko bought caught passes tells you all you need to know about what kind of a zone Matthew Stafford was in.The SuperBowl just made me think of how much better Stafford can be if Mcvay goes back to his old play calling style & that it will be a good thing Kevin O’Connell is gone.

The play was simple once Sko made a first down catch finally. A play action call would have been perfect.The pass Pro was good at the time & Cinncy was loading up on the run.The Rams had them in there Heals. I was yelling play action- play action- PLAY ACTION!!! Who knows? I know enough about football & seen more games than even the above average fan has.If nothing else gamecast from ESPN.
Anyways my point is not so much about one call or Mcvay’s play calling.
It’s about watching how much BETTER Stafford is at rolling out to his right & keeping his eyes downfield than Jared Goff.I’m not taking anything away from Goff & in fact have been impressed on his Growth as a QB.
I just HATE the long TD big game play.I’m more of a grind it out rhythm type. An example & just heard both Kupp & Stafford didn’t know it was 4th down on that JET SWEEP.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I changed the thread title. That one didn’t look right for a Ram’s site.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Had to re post . I go to a lot of training camps (not really), & see the different schemes that go in place early & see the different concepts of the offense & defense being out in place.
Yeah - looking back DeSean Jackson. LOL !! Anyways it’s funny Mcvay wasn’t running him on jet sweeps . I love it all the way back to the Tavon Austin days. I’m sure if Tutu is back you can start to see it more?
I have seen a lot of changes & think there are a lot of different things The Rams can do. I like all the tools in the tool belt next season. OBj coming back & taking his time to get healthy with Mcvay knowing that a long with Robert Woods rehabbing as well.
I love leadership & I do love me some jet sweeps & roll outs. I love changing the the pocket as well as establishing it to The Rams advantage.That starts up the middle.
I also like TE sets & extra blockers.I like flow & bringing offensive players staying in the game coming in and out of the huddle.
—- Let’s talk about Genius ?

At what point do you know your next play call ? Chess match!!

If your script your first 15 plays why not get that rotation & flow started from the beginning ?

At what point do you break off of the script ? Planning ahead & keeping on the script as needed means you can multi task in an instance.

Everyone have a good day. Just food for thought. SUPERBOWL CHAMPS

Cohen was a good choice as OC!!
I really like Zac Robinson as a QB/WR coach. He was solid with the certain players he coaches.He was meaningful to helping Cooper Kupp as much as some might not have seen. — Wolford last season a long with Goff.
Cohen will bring a little more of that college flavor & think Mcvay will enjoy.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I changed the thread title. That one didn’t like right for a Ram’s site.

We all like it right brother. Your always looking good to me. Hope you’ve been getting some good runs in.
I do apologize for some of my mad post. More like just being myself,but get side tracked a lot. It’s called the vortex

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Much better Post line.

Blowing or blew or planning to blow.

I swear I can’t wait for what I’m thinking about a hopefully I didn’t blow my chances to get blow & I have a happy ending like Sean Mcvay. If not I will be more devastated than Mcvay was Lossing #53 ?

Crazy thought, but what SuperBowl year was he born in ? 19 ? Just another crazy thought

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'm just gonna leave this here....

Screenshot_20220226-091244_Instagram.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

2007 to 2011 - average 3 wins per year.

2012 to 2016 - average 6.2 wins per year

2017 to 2021 - average 12.4 wins per year

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
The media:

Build em up
Tear em down
Build em up
Tear em down

Rinse, repeat

Yes sir.

This is why I turn the channel or make a quick exit when I'm watching NFL media guru drama negative hype shows. Too many of them are obvious. They are rehearsed clickbait/armchair rants to keep the casual NFL fans tuned in. "marketing and advertising tactics "

Several of the NFL talk shows and media crews are shock jocks. They know that brand is the trend and attracts the most attention/viewers just like our local news channels do.
maxresdefault.jpg