"Major concern" about Sammy Watkins season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I REALLY liked this guy coming out of college... but he's always beat up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ut-sammy-watkins-availability-moving-forward/

Early last week, Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins said missing games because of his surgically repaired foot was “out the window.”

At some point after that, Watkins’ foot was stepped on in practice and now worry is mounting that Watkins’ season may be out the window.

Watkins didn’t play in last Sunday’s 33-18 win over the Cardinals and he has been ruled out again this week after failing to get on the practice field at all. Beyond that, Bills coach Rex Ryan said in his Friday press conference that there is “major concern” about Watkins’ availability as the season moves forward.

There were reports to that effect coming out of the first game of the season, although Watkins shrugged them off by saying that his foot was merely “tired.” He went on to play against the Jets in Week Two, but didn’t look like the same kind of downfield threat that he was in his first two seasons.

The Bills were able to adapt well enough to win without him last week, but the loss of Watkins would be a hard thing for them to overcome on a weekly basis while still winning enough to make a push for a long-awaited playoff bid.

Athos

Legend
Loved Watkins coming out.

Real talent.

But he's ended up being both self-absorbed and injured half the time.

Not a good combo when he's a diva that can't stay on the field much.

At least Moss, Dez, etc did.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I hope Watkins can get healthy and stay that way. He has plenty of talent. The Bills need to just bite the bullet and let him heal 100%.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Funny how those fans have disappeared when when their stud can't miss WR is ^ but it's all good keep blaming Fisher and Snead.

And this is a light comment.

In the last week I've seen our coach and a few players referred to as garbage.

Admit you fucked up on the Watkins man love. I'd take Quick anyday, seeing the field is half the battle.

Now they love Quick.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Here is the reason I never liked Watkins...Durability and he missed time at Clemson for one reason or another. Many wanted to the Rams to draft him and although his big play potential was off the charts, he reminding me of that great race car that truly never runs perfect and always needs to be fine tuned.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It seemed odd to me that the Bills wanted to sit him and let him heal, but Watkins insisted on playing and got his way. Watkins has been his own worst enemy. But I can't figure out why Rex Ryan and crew didn't lay down the law with him. It's been clear for weeks that he needed to let his foot heal. Instead, he continued to play on it and made it worse. This is just like what the Texans did with Watt.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny how those fans have disappeared when when their stud can't miss WR is ^ but it's all good keep blaming Fisher and Snead.

Admit you freaked up on the Watkins man love. I'd take Quick anyday, seeing the field is half the battle.

Now they love Quick.

That's just nuts.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

Admit you freaked up on the Watkins man love. I'd take Quick anyday, seeing the field is half the battle.

Now they love Quick.

Are you on crack?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

Now they love Quick.

He's still been on the field more than Quick. He's more productive than Quick. He's more talented than Quick. He's just all around better than Quick.

Athos

Legend

Now they love Quick.

:mrburnsevil::mrburnsevil::mrburnsevil::mrburnsevil::mrburnsevil:

Watkins has produced more in ONE season (2015) than Brian Quick has produced in a 4 year career. While playing through injuries.

Q729

Legend
I guess it's damned if you do, or don't. Either you take it easy and get called a wus player, or you play with that broken leg like the legends before you!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I wasn't a Watkins nut pre-draft but I had no reason to think he'd be anything other than a good WR at the least at the NFL level. So I'm glad I wasn't all crazy over him, although I will admit I've "missed" on worse than him on players I was convinced would pan out, that's for sure. Like Manziel, as much as it pains me to admit.

But re: the WR position... IF I were a GM I would have a simple philosophy as a priority in the draft: hands>route running>size>athleticism>speed and I'd target guys accordingly.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Watkins 40 time made me a believer...The guy wants to compete....I hate it when they put screws in small broken bones and then fail to remove the screws...Often saying, it'll be more secure...The body will naturally reject non-recognizeable objects and reject them...causing inflammation...and pain..they should always remove the screws in athletes...
Now they love Quick.

As well they should...Quick can play...

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I wasn't a Watkins nut pre-draft but I had no reason to think he'd be anything other than a good WR at the least at the NFL level. So I'm glad I wasn't all crazy over him, although I will admit I've "missed" on worse than him on players I was convinced would pan out, that's for sure. Like Manziel, as much as it pains me to admit.

But re: the WR position... IF I were a GM I would have a simple philosophy as a priority in the draft: hands>route running>size>athleticism>speed and I'd target guys accordingly.

So you're saying we should draft recievers that can catch? Not sure if that's a good idea. I mean it might interfere with our horizontal passing game. And route running? That's just asking too much. What about blocking? What about go go gadget -arms?

Let's please try to remain realistic.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So you're saying we should draft recievers that can catch? Not sure if that's a good idea. I mean it might interfere with our horizontal passing game. And route running? That's just asking too much. What about blocking? What about go go gadget -arms?

Let's please try to remain realistic.

I like to live on the edge. I'd have a damn near-basketball team out there with hands catching jump balls lol.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Here is the reason I never liked Watkins...Durability and he missed time at Clemson for one reason or another. Many wanted to the Rams to draft him and although his big play potential was off the charts, he reminding me of that great race car that truly never runs perfect and always needs to be fine tuned.

I like and liked Mike Evans over Watkins, but it's a shame he can't stay healthy. :(