Maclin rumored to sign with Chiefs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Just saw on my espn app that he may reunite with Andy Reid. Dwayne Bowe a likely cap casualty.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
A lot of talent for Alex Smith to never throw the ball to.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
To be fair, it'd be Maclin's own fault for thinking he could go beyond 20 yards and have Smith make it to him. I mean throwing 20+ yards? Let's not act like mad men here.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Lol- he hasn't been terrible there, just hasn't been a supa star. He's the definition of a steady guy. Won't lose or win you many games, but he seems to be in the game most times

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eagles lose another weapon. For a guy whose system is so reliant on the offense, I'm not sure what Kelly is doing.

FRO

Legend
Eagles lose another weapon. For a guy whose system is so reliant on the offense, I'm not sure what Kelly is doing.
I could be totally wrong, but I get the feeling that Chip feels he can plug anybody in his system and get results. If that's true he is truly misguided.

Athos

Legend
I could be totally wrong, but I get the feeling that Chip feels he can plug anybody in his system and get results. If that's true he is truly misguided.

Kelly is starting to seem like a bit of a control freak / egomaniac.

Losing Shady and Maclin is going to bite him in the ass hard.

Does he expect to replace both in the draft?

In FA?

Shit.......

In any case, Maclin is one of my all-time favorite Mizzou players. Dude is a great WR.

KC may finally get a TD from a WR.

I think Smith will be lots better now. Let's admit. That KC WR corps sucks ass.

FRO

Legend
Kelly is starting to seem like a bit of a control freak / egomaniac.

Losing Shady and Maclin is going to bite him in the ass hard.

Does he expect to replace both in the draft?

In FA?

crap.......

In any case, Maclin is one of my all-time favorite Mizzou players. Dude is a great WR.

KC may finally get a TD from a WR.

I think Smith will be lots better now. Let's admit. That KC WR corps sucks ass.
Maclin is a good get for KC. Now they need to add 4 to 5 more WRs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

How dare you! You fool! Haven't you heard? Chip Kelly is a genius.

Just think, if his plan does not work and he returns to college, he will have affectively left the Eagles with a last place roster. McCoy Jackson and now Maclin. Hard to imagine. I never thought he was a good NFL fit. Seems to be proving me right.

The exciting question is which college team will be privileged to be the second coming of Oregon? I would love to add Chip to the Big Ten. He would add a new twist things.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Actually I'm elated with this move it weakens the NFC competition along with McCoy to Buff. and Byron Maxwell is reported headed to Philly which so it weakens Seattle .
IMO Kelly is much like Martz he makes offensive players of all skill positions at least one level above what most coaches can do ,his defense was 31st against the pass ,you aren't going to win it all with an offense as sporadic as his was last year when you are that bad on defense ,I think he knows what he's doing .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually I'm elated with this move it weakens the NFC competition along with McCoy to Buff. and Byron Maxwell is reported headed to Philly which so it weakens Seattle .
IMO Kelly is much like Martz he makes offensive players of all skill positions at least one level above what most coaches can do ,his defense was 31st against the pass ,you aren't going to win it all with an offense as sporadic as his was last year when you are that bad on defense ,I think he knows what he's doing .

Except they weren't that bad on defense. His offensive system just hung their defense out to dry. In terms of efficiency(per drive numbers), their defense was on about even footing with their offense. Problem is when you play as fast as they do on offense, you force the defense to be on the field for significantly more snaps.

For example, the Philly's defense was on the field for 51 more drives IIRC than Seattle's defense. That's significant. For Seattle's D, that would be like playing 4 extra games.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Except they weren't that bad on defense. His offensive system just hung their defense out to dry. In terms of efficiency(per drive numbers), their defense was on about even footing with their offense. Problem is when you play as fast as they do on offense, you force the defense to be on the field for significantly more snaps.

For example, the Philly's defense was on the field for 51 more drives IIRC than Seattle's defense. That's significant. For Seattle's D, that would be like playing 4 extra games.

I agree with the ball control helping a defense thesis , however you can't blame a rating that low on the sporadic offense alone they need people too.