Lovie Smith and Brandin Cooks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Was able to watch them last night. Giving kudos to Lovie (him in the red long sleeve shirt). Brandin is still a good player; you don't really appreciate his speed until you see him in person. If you want to take a shot on a WR in fantasy drafts, The Archer is a good safety net.

1628441186979.jpeg

1628441225184.jpeg

Also this is a shot of Lonnie Johnson, nothing special but it's probably one of my favorite pics I've ever taken.

1628441275602.jpeg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I remain a huge fan of Lovie, will always appreciate what he did for us in a short window in turning our defense around for another nice playoff run.

Appreciate what Cooks gave us too but the stench of that Super Bowl performance still haunts me. Not saying it was all him but meh.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Appreciate what Cooks gave us too but the stench of that Super Bowl performance still haunts me. Not saying it was all him but meh.
Lol. The only offensive player to show up in that game. 8 catches for 120 yards while Woods couldnt catch a cold, not to mention his over the shoulder grab in NFC Champ game that got the Rams going.
Never understand the rap he got from Rams fans.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lol. The only offensive player to show up in that game. 8 catches for 120 yards while Woods couldnt catch a cold, not to mention his over the shoulder grab in NFC Champ game that got the Rams going.
Woody got the focus in that game. But it is fair to wonder what would have happened if we had Kupp. To which I think we win that game. Kupp would have gotten Belichicked, but Woody and Cooks would have had a much better chance to get 'er done.

Problem with Cooks is that when defenses get physical with him he flounders a bit. In spite of that final line he had he couldn't make the plays that mattered. And as I said it wasn't all his fault but still he did not make the key plays.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Yesterday DJax reminded me of his shortcomings back in Washington--speed and routes are great, but he doesn't always catch the ball.....

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Did WR Nico Collins catch your eye any with his play? I've heard he's really turned some heads with his play and physical tools. I was hoping we took a shot at him in the 2nd or 3rd round this past draft.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah he had a couple costly mistakes but hard to fault him overall in that game. Everybody from the coach on down could have done better though since we lost.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't say he performed badly, but he let two TDs go through his hands. Granted, both were difficult catches. But each pass was catchable. Although, we should have gotten a DPI call on the second one.

oldnotdead

Legend
D Jack is on a one-year rental. His primary role is as a mentor and bridge WR for Tutu. With the rise of Triston I think D. Jack will have to play lights out this year to make next year's roster. Next year It's going to be Woods, Kupp, Jefferson, Tutu, Benny Sko, and T. Jackson at WR.

It's clear to me that Stafford still needs to dial in his connection with D. Jack. and his other WRs. It's a normal process for a new QB, just like the WRs need to get use to how Stafford tends to drill his passes more so than Goff. It's clear that the Rams are no longer overmatched at QB within the division or the NFL. The only team in the division with a QB that matches Stafford is Wilson.

When you look at the Cards I see a whole lot of bandaids on that team. That team is built to try to compete this year and maybe next year, but not for the long run. It's symptomatic of a HC and FO trying to hang on to their jobs. The Cards have a QB who is only now realizing he must learn to read NFL defenses to have success. You only need to look at Mike Vick and Newton to see how that is likely to go. They had good years early but aged poorly.

The Niners are in QB transition. Jimmy G is another Goff in some ways. Give him protection, with a team around him and he can be a very productive QB. But even Goff outmatched Jimmy G because even with a bad team around him he still won enough to give his team a chance.

Both Wilson and Mahomes are pocket passers with excellent mobility. Both can read defenses and use exceptional arm strength to deliver accurate passes. The Rams have that in Stafford minus the running. Protect Matt and the Ram offense will be tough to stop in the same way that protecting Brady is the key to Tampa's offense which was good enough to win a Super Bowl.

Do I put the Rams on par with Tampa? Absolutely, only I think the Ram defense is better with Donald and Ramsey.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did WR Nico Collins catch your eye any with his play? I've heard he's really turned some heads with his play and physical tools. I was hoping we took a shot at him in the 2nd or 3rd round this past draft.

Yeah, he had a couple good catches. It's really hard to see the way they have it set up b/c as the O moves, the D follows which blocks the other side of the field. But from the brief moments I saw he was pretty good. Also he's a massive dude, so he def. looks the part! #12.

20210807_190731.jpg

20210807_190648.jpg

View attachment 47071

You can argue that Goff was late but Cooks had two hands on it.

He was very late. Catchable yes, but shouldn't even that difficult to begin with. Brandin is 5' 10". He shouldn't have to do a jump ball like that.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QO55-KqgZo&t=10s

Here's another one:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0dUAZ1Z9P4

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Catchable yes, but shouldn't even that difficult to begin with.
Agreed, but it's understandable how fans might criticize a WR who drops a catch after getting two hands on it. It was a great play by McCourty, too. L's all around that offensive performance.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Yep & of course Copper Kupp hurt again.Just saying imo fans love to forget about certain players,but find a scape goat on others.It’s a team sport.

Last night watching HOF & Alan Fanica reminds me of John Sullivan (Whitworth). That was the last game for Sullivan.Alan F played at LSU like Big Whit(teammates?).

point - never forget that FAKE HOLD!!
Sucks they didn’t let Todd Gurley get off.Henwould have imo been the MVP.
He just broke off a 10 yard rush in between Whit & Saff. & cross the 50 for a first down. Alan Fancia in his 9 year career only had 4 holding calls & he says look at the tape.I think that is 2 2 many.
My thing as a old time Ref is let the players play.Advantage disadvantage.The Rams don’t get an advantage on that play.Had no effect on it!! An Example of a QB over throwing a WR & it’s uncatchable??
Catchable or not catch able ?? What really is the difference. Sort of like a cb holding a wr away from the ball & it’s not part of the play. YOU Freaking Kidding ? Slows the flow of the game as well.
There is a lot to it this. Plus can I say F” a poster for not looking at the PI ?? Yeah speaking of LSU & The Rams. Big Whit after the 2018/ 19 SuperBowl wanted to Quit!! That call out The Rams into the SUPERBOWL. It’s a perspective.

my wish as a Rams Fan is not Lossing,but not allowing The Rams to get into there rhythm. Mcvay was actually in control of that game.

Then Mcvay cuts John Sullivan & here we are today. The question I have after The Dallas scrimmage is if Austin Corbett & Bobby Evans is the Best Combo at C/RG ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agreed, but it's understandable how fans might criticize a WR who drops a catch after getting two hands on it. It was a great play by McCourty, too. L's all around that offensive performance.
I was wasted in Vegas with this cool-Sista.She had a SuperBowl bet which was fun & made the game really exciting. I cheered for her that the under / Pats hit.
Truth was I always do my play by play & am ahead of most all the time ahead of them(announcers) on the calls.Word for word they call it.
I was in my own element at the stratosphere.I don’t even know if I had a bet. Just got caught on a BS IRS form.The point though is.

When Carroll was letting the clock run I was freaking A static. Mocking The cheat(Bill) on the screen going,what are you going to do now Bill? What are you going to do now. LMAO, tick .. tick … come on Bill still LMAO.
The pass was on Russell Wilson. Pete was in it to win it. He had the cards & called the cheat Bluff! He did not call a TO & Pete was in control of the game. Russell had the TD & no matter what part of the game would have made that throw.If he had to do it again he would still try to put it in there.The play was there.Sometimes you just have to go with it.
It’s History but I will always say it was the right call,because he had control of the clock. The cheat could not count on Brady.
I go back & look at the Philly game & still NE had time in the end. Your talk about the(hate) goat.The Hags still could have run it in. If it was 2nd down it makes the point even more valid. Look at Halftime & Pete going for it ? No one ever talks about that. He had huge Huevos on that play.I swear though if he doesn’t complete that you’d here about how bad of a call that was.
Most Fans don’t get down,distance & all that goes into a game.We all have different opinions, but I am lower 5% on that play.