Lots of Ram players are in a “prove it” situation, huh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Some because of contract amounts, some because of expiring contracts in ‘20, some because of previous injury/surgery, and some simply because of sorta marginal play, frankly.

Gurley. In his case, it’s really just a question of how many snaps he gets.
Big Whit
Noteboom. Gonna stay at LG or move to LOT?
Allen
Blythe. Is he our LG or C? And will he be a starter? Or even extended? Lots of questions here.
Fowler. A classic prove it situation.
Brockers. Huge prove it year for Michael. Heck, his contract for ‘20 alone might be a deal breaker.
Ebu
Obo
Matthews. All depends on his level of play this year, don’t you think?
Peters. Expiring contract, will he earn an extension? Has to be affordable, though.
Talib. Another expiring contract. Does he still have it? Will he even want to do a short extension? Important questions.
Weddle. Still have it? Or will he be a one year rental?
Zuerlein. This is his final contract year, after all.

These are just the biggies, y’all. More names than I had realized when I started this list, tbh. A real eye opener for me, anyway.

Honestly, given how well Snead has been drafting and handling FA, I think that the above players best have tremendous years in ‘19 or they might well face careers with other teams in ‘20 and beyond.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Littleton may also try to bust the bank in 2019 as a free agent.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Brian Allen has the most to prove. A lot riding on a guy who only has a handful of snaps. Line calls, blitz recognition and keeping his QB clean.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
LB competition is going to be very tough on the bottom feeders. If I'm one of the guys on the bottom of the OLB chart I'm tellin the coaches I'm ready to give ILB a shot in camp.

oldnotdead

Legend
Ebukam? Don't think so. He's not the rush LB in Wade's defense. He's the SAM who covers the RB in the flat and sets the edge on run plays. Dante Fowler gets the notoriety, but Samson's position flexibility is every bit as important and frankly more demanding.

IMO Noteboom will probably move to LT when Whitworth retires. He's at LG now as the best option, and to get starting experience.

Gurley is their starting RB. People misinterpret Henderson's drafting. Henderson allows McVay to expand the playbook. I expect to see him on the field frequently with Gurley. Henderson on a jet sweep motion adds a new dimension to the motion and the D will have to honor it more than they already do opening things up for Gurley (or Brown).

Obo will be given time. He was injured last year and missed all of TC. At the very least he looks to be good depth which is more important than people realize.

Long was drafted to take Talib's spot next year. That part is clear.

Of all the starters, Peters probably has the most to prove. Which is why I see Scott's development as a sleeper situation. Regardless I can see Peters brought back on a one year deal next year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Some because of contract amounts, some because of expiring contracts in ‘20, some because of previous injury/surgery, and some simply because of sorta marginal play, frankly.

Gurley. In his case, it’s really just a question of how many snaps he gets.
Big Whit
Allen
Blythe. Is he our LG or C? And will he be a starter? Or even extended? Lots of questions here.
Fowler. A classic prove it situation.
Brockers. Huge prove it year for Michael. Heck, his contract for ‘20 alone might be a deal breaker.
Ebu
Obo
Matthews. All depends on his level of play this year, don’t you think?
Peters. Expiring contract, will he earn an extension? Has to be affordable, though.
Talib. Another expiring contract. Does he still have it? Will he even want to do a short extension? Important questions.
Weddle. Still have it? Or will he be a one year rental?
Zuerlein. This is his final contract year, after all.

These are just the biggies, y’all. More names than I had realized when I started this list, tbh. A real eye opener for me, anyway.

Honestly, given how well Snead has been drafting and handling FA, I think that the above players best have tremendous years in ‘19 or they might well face careers with other teams in ‘20 and beyond.

I don’t know what anyone else has said , but I hate the nay sayers ??? I understand a lot of it to a point, but this is for the most part pretty easy to figure out .

1. Gurley — scary as shit with his whole situation. The Rams organization made a decision to pay the man. Rightfully so, but we can go into this another time. —Truth is he is a team leader & a winner !! Team first guy & heard him complain. The Rams have a nice stable of backs. Depth is key either way.Nothing to Prove !!
2.Big Whit ?? No matter what he will be another Ram HOF Player.
3. Noteboom ?? A 3rd pick ? Yeah - he needs experience, but has proven he belongs.Of course he has to prove himself as a starter.
4. Allen - go listen to his interviews on The Rams . Com. Talks about just being given the opportunity!! He is not taking the Center position for granted. Reporters are like its your job. He wants to earn it & price himself. He wants to hold himself to a John Sullivan standard & being excellent. Wants 2 Prove it.

5. Go look at Eric Weddles & Clays interviews. It says it all !!! LMAO !!! Totally LMAO !!!
Prove what ?? This 2 Dudes are What is making The Rams a Great Franchise. Yeah Doubters — LMOA — Got to Love Wade !!
I don’t know about Prove, but Excited ??
6. Ebu ?? Yeah he gets to learn & be taught by a guy like Clay. Will be a guy that adds great depth. He is a player who should continue to get better. Ask Wentz if he wishes Ebu was not in the NFL. Go watch the KC game & tell me why The Rams won such a great game ??
7. Obo - yes he has a lot to Prove, but has time to learn from such a good group of Ram veterans.
8. Brockers ?? He is a True Ram !! Class act !! He has to earn his keep, but The Rams have a Great relationship with Brock !!
9. Talib & Peters — Weddle loves them. There freaking ballers !! Nothing to Prove !! It’s a business. David Long ?? The Rams have some young talent that have to come in and work, but this is what Spags talked about, but didn’t understand. You build your environment .The Pillars build within !!!
— People can talk all there CRAP about these 2 CB’s . At the end of the day they work hard & care about each other & have mad Love 4 The Rams !! We not Me !! Shut Down
10. Fowler !!! Dude is a Stud who helped anchor The Rams Defensive Line !! Without him for a 3rd pick ?? The Rams Don’t Go to The Super Bowl !!! Yeah maybe gone or even franchised ?? Wonder if The Rams can Fet more than a 3rd pick for him ?? If there is a will there is a way. It’s about building depth & adding talent. Demoff & Snead work close with McVay on options .

Conclusion ??? Rams are building a Great Brand of NFL football. This new Stadium for Ram Fans should be like Field of Dreams !!

I can say I had a vision & will say Stan,Fisher,& Demoff lies. Just from a fun Drunk Hollywood Forum night of music. Got in early & was talking shit to a couple policemen telling The Rams are coming here. They said no, but it is still an option.See the Police get certain info about the area & building plans.
—Just saying it made me a Believer that a Rams Dream could come True, not knowing it’s become beyond a Dream I could have Ever Imagined !! — Prove What ?!! How Great of an Organization The Rams can Be ??

Showtime,We are Family, Just win Baby !! The Late Al Davis should be buried under the Stadium for helping Preserve the Stadium for The County of LA !! Without him none of this dream would have ever come true.

Bottom Line is Stan Kronke had a Vision. His Truth might not have been 100% He always had The Land. It wasn’t until he flew into LA & visited the Property that he was 100% in to try to make this huge project work & invest big money into it. - Can’t really thank him enough for watching him go down in history as one of The Greatest Sports Owners Ever !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ebukam? Don't think so. He's not the rush LB in Wade's defense. He's the SAM who covers the RB in the flat and sets the edge on run plays. Dante Fowler gets the notoriety, but Samson's position flexibility is every bit as important and frankly more demanding.

IMO Noteboom will probably move to LT when Whitworth retires. He's at LG now as the best option, and to get starting experience.

Gurley is their starting RB. People misinterpret Henderson's drafting. Henderson allows McVay to expand the playbook. I expect to see him on the field frequently with Gurley. Henderson on a jet sweep motion adds a new dimension to the motion and the D will have to honor it more than they already do opening things up for Gurley (or Brown).

Obo will be given time. He was injured last year and missed all of TC. At the very least he looks to be good depth which is more important than people realize.

Long was drafted to take Talib's spot next year. That part is clear.

Of all the starters, Peters probably has the most to prove. Which is why I see Scott's development as a sleeper situation. Regardless I can see Peters brought back on a one year deal next year.

Let’s talk about Weddle & Clay !! Then let’s talk about there contract vs Suh ??
Wait Leadership ?? — Then add Brockers Leadership with Suh & Now without Suh ?? The Suh Crossing added a lot , but then who had more of an impact on the D’Line ?? Suh or Fowler. Then let’s just say what if Fowler was with The Rams during training camp last season, which he should be this season .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Brian Allen has the most to prove. A lot riding on a guy who only has a handful of snaps. Line calls, blitz recognition and keeping his QB clean.

Ask Jared about that !! He called him & said he was his guy. No more doing both !! Your ass is mine on weekends now, not just Monday through Friday . Will talk a lot more about my wants & needs to keep my Jersey clean & give me more time to hangout with my guys on Sunday.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
LB competition is going to be very tough on the bottom feeders. If I'm one of the guys on the bottom of the OLB chart I'm tellin the coaches I'm ready to give ILB a shot in camp.

The depth on the O’line Has just heated up !!
Kromer is just filling up the depth chart . Will see what musical chairs come out of it all. Flip a coin on what 2020 will Look Like ?!

Talk about Prove ?? Hey BubbaRam did you call Austin Blythe over Brown last set. I’m stilll a little bitter I lost my Williams bet ?? Not even sure of the dues name from S. Florida who got cut.
Demby got released, Brown held a roster spot until finally released. Kromer keeps Allen & Noteboom only on game day with Austin Blythe starting.
Go back to Da’ Bears game & Sullivan got hurt. Allen came for a series or 2 ? Then Sullivan cameback & Saffold went down. Here comes Noteboom at LG.hn

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Go back to Da’ Bears game & Sullivan got hurt. Allen came for a series or 2 ? Then Sullivan cameback & Saffold went down. Here comes Noteboom at LG.hn

Excellent points here and IMO, Noteboom will hold up very well in the passing game, but will be a work in progress to get the strength in the run game, whereas, Brian Allen will be the opposite, better at run blocking then pass protection as he showcased at Michigan State. Key for Allen is getting off the ball quick as he had trouble with athletic defensive linemen who beat him with their first step.

Noteboom is going to be special IMO, although Saffold will be missed because of his strength. Overall against the 49ers I thought Noteboom played extremely well and Allen was solid. Having more of the ability to throw the ball in the flat with Darrell Henderson, which is an extension of the run will play into the strengths of both Noteboom & Allen and assist them greatly along the way.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Very good question! I am not sure how our Offensive coaches are going to handle this. Rams have the oldest starting LT in the NFL to go with a pocket passer that has shown consistent weakness when under pressure. Last season Whitworth remained healthy enough to start 19 NFL games with the help of the coaches and Joseph Noteboom. That's a miracle in itself.

Yes AW had more than his usual bad games in 2018 & would be expected. Now AW is another year older & that 2018 "Keep Whitworth Rested & Healthy Plan" did work surprisingly well. However, the major component to that 2018 plan is slated to start his first NFL season in place of the outstanding Rodger Saffold.

It's a major big mistake to insert this very young inexperienced OL'er with stresses of starting for the first time in the NFL @ LG & then add on the burden & responsibilities he had last season. I do not see the Rams encumbering & loading Noteboom down in the updated "2019 Keep Whitworth Rested & Healthy Plan". Rams would be very smart to upgrade many of those elements in that 2018 plan with increases. Rams would be foolish not to desire to get their near $17 million investment out of AW @ LT this season.

Do the Rams have an adequate replacement for Joe Noteboom?

Would it be easier to find a starting LG from our current OL cadre Than finding a replacement for Noteboom?

I believe the Rams are hoping to find two starting OG's from their current OL cadre. If Noteboom is inserted @ LG it will be for only one season.

RG Blythe will earn over $2 million this season & will demand a good sized payday in March of next year & beyond. I do not see that happening. Thus finding LG & RG in the upcomiong Mini-Camp/ Training Camp/ Preseason is a HIGH priority.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
RG Blythe will earn over $2 million this season & will demand a good sized payday in March of next year & beyond. I do not see that happening. Thus finding LG & RG in the upcomiong Mini-Camp/ Training Camp/ Preseason is a HIGH priority.

Here is how I see this playing out....You're right keeping Whitworth healthy will ensure Noteboom is the LG for the whole season, which will serve him well in his transition to LT next season, which IMO, is his best position.

Keeping Noteboom healthy is also key (red shirt at OTA's indicates that) because he's the backup LT as well...If Whit goes down, IMO, they will shift Boom to LT and either Demby, Evans or Edwards will be the LG or if Edwards or Demby can show enough at RG, I could see Blythe being the first option off the bench, thus if something happens to Whit, Blythe comes in at LG and Boom shifts to LT and if something happens to Boom, Blythe comes in at RG.

I post about Edwards because I believe before his should injury last season, he would have been drafted much higher, was actually rated as a possible 1st round pick prior to 2018, however, the should injury and playing through it, hurt his draft stock as he gave up many pressures & sacks at RT....So now in preseason, we shall see how this plays out, there are also some interesting UDRFA's as well like Brandon HItner from Villanova.