Lots of pleasing takeaways from that 49er game, huh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
So true and I'm tough on Hager for some reason as he's very good on special teams, but I think the Rams know what they have in Hager, I'd like to see more of Micah Kiser.
It's impossible to know what the Rams have at LB.
one thing for sure LB needs to be upgraded across the board.
Littleton is a keeper but I'm not sure he is best cast inside.
Outside of one amazing game Samson was largely invisible.
Barron is overpaid and too injured.
Fowler is a guy who can make plays as a pass rusher and needs to be resigned if he is reasonable in his demands.
Outside of Littleton and Fowler LB is a mystery.
I would say FA would be a good gauge at what the Rams think they have there, but, the team missed the mark at LB this year by a wide margin.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I have been bad:rant::blah::poop: all season long on our past star weakside ILB'er Mark Barron. I posted a couple weeks ago that Barron seems to be returning to some of his old form play....I was seeing some moments & flashes from him but nothing consistent.

Well, Sunday I saw his best game this season from him. I am :yay:elated by what I saw. Mark has always been good going forward until this season, I would guess that his bad shoulder has slowly got back to where he can play much better with the pain. It's taken about 11 months from surgery if I have his event surgery time correct in my brains. Both Littleton & Barron are outstanding @ rushing the QB & getting skinny @ the LOS. I agree I sure hope we see more of this in the future.

Great post!! I commented a few weeks ago that we needed Barron to round into shape for the playoffs and now it is happening!

Barron had a really tough offseason with injuries, missed almost all of training camp and first four games of the season. One report in early October said "Last season, Barron played in 14 games while battling through Achilles, knee, shoulder and thumb injuries. During the offseason, Barron had surgery on his right shoulder to repair a torn labrum and his left heel to remove bone spurs." But apparently the Achilles was the ongoing problem. I was struck by his comment when he played his first game this year that he hadn't gone full speed in months and still wasn't there. When healthy Barron is really fast. Now he is moving well in coverage and tackling hard and at just the right time.

This is not the same defense which struggled in mid season now that Talib is back and Littleton, Fowler and Barron are stepping up. Need Joyner to do the same. Think the D will surprise a lot of people in the playoffs.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Great post!! I commented a few weeks ago that we needed Barron to round into shape for the playoffs and now it is happening!

Barron had a really tough offseason with injuries, missed almost all of training camp and first four games of the season. One report in early October said "Last season, Barron played in 14 games while battling through Achilles, knee, shoulder and thumb injuries. During the offseason, Barron had surgery on his right shoulder to repair a torn labrum and his left heel to remove bone spurs." But apparently the Achilles was the ongoing problem. I was struck by his comment when he played his first game this year that he hadn't gone full speed in months and still wasn't there. When healthy Barron is really fast. Now he is moving well in coverage and tackling hard and at just the right time.

This is not the same defense which struggled in mid season now that Talib is back and Littleton, Fowler and Barron are stepping up. Need Joyner to do the same. Think the D will surprise a lot of people in the playoffs.

Championship teams have talent and peak at the right time.
I think there has been a long range goal behind Phillips D all season. He isnt stupid. He steps things up when its the right time.
Thats why we get those "timely" stops so often.
It takes luck too, and perhaps with Barron playing like he is, with the emergence of CJ1K, maybe luck is on our side?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Only thing that I hated about the Donald situation was the weenie who cried about it as the color guy, then lauded the 49'ers for forcing the ball to Kittles, so he could get a record. I didn't have a problem with Kittles, just the weenie, hypocrite.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Only thing that I hated about the Donald situation was the weenie who cried about it as the color guy, then lauded the 49'ers for forcing the ball to Kittles, so he could get a record. I didn't have a problem with Kittles, just the weenie, hypocrite.

He thinks the Whiners are still in it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He thinks the Whiners are still in it.

Best 4-12 team in the NFL, but the Arizona Cardinals are the worst team in the NFL and fired their Head Coach after only one year, however, the Cardinals defeated the 49ers twice.
giphy.gif

Ram77

Rookie
So I was at the game on Sunday. It was almost like a preseason atmosphere after the first 5 minutes since the Rams went up big early on. Is it normal for home teams to pump in fake crowd noise? It was kind of embarrassing for a 13-3 super exciting team that is putting up points like an arcade game to resort to that. You could tell that it wasn’t real crowd noise most of the game. Over 70,000 people they said were at the game then why did they have to do that. I came with a few Rams fans and a few Niners fans and they were laughing at how obvious it was. First game at the coliseum for me and probably the last. The seating is horrible if you are in the middle of a row. People always passing in front of you and its impossible to get up and use the restroom. Can’t wait until we move into our new digs. I can’t believe I dropped almost $200 bucks for one seat there. Besides that the Rams looked great with the starters in and I hope they ride this momentum into the playoffs. Most importantly we stayed relatively healthy!

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
My dad took me to Rams games there in the blue and white and blue and gold days, then later for the 84 Olympics. I’m glad they’ll be there one more season so I can take my boys there. Yeah, it’s old and shitty, but it’s the place the Rams played when they came out here in ‘46 (like our boy Kenny in my avatar) as well as the Dodgers in ‘58. Think of all the Rams who played on that field over the decades. It’s history.

The new one should be cool and high tech (read: crazy expensive), and it’ll be what it’ll be, but the Coliseum is an old revered war horse. I want my boys to see this historical monument to LA sports.

Last edited:

Ram77

Rookie
The simulated crowd noise started usually when we were on Defense waiting for the 49ers to break the huddle. It was gradually louder right before the ball was snapped. Our whole group heard it since you couldn’t see any fans really cheering-it was quiet. I guess we were all imagining it then..(n)

Ram77

Rookie
Oh and also the fans kept doing the wave even when the Rams were on offense. It went around like 15 times. So bizarre.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Oh and also the fans kept doing the wave even when the Rams were on offense. It went around like 15 times. So bizarre.
I noticed the wave too, even TG II participated in it, Lets hope our crowd understood the game was in hand and were just having fun

“Bizarre” you say...

Perhaps but doesn’t that indicate the obvious to you?