Lots of interesting Ram subplots to watch in this upcoming Cowboy game, huh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Where to start?

Well, in no particular order...

How does Goff look in his few snaps?

Which backup RB's impress? Doesn't look like we can count on Dunbar very much this season, does it?

Backup LOT candidates? Sure hope somebody can look decent.

Backup C candidates? Blythe, Eldrenkamp, or ???

Can Hav and/or Brown make a statement at the RG and RT positions, please? And what about backups? Any there, there?

I wanna be impressed by Higbee and Everett, and the sooner the better. McVay's O needs good TE play. And can Hemingway, Harkey, or Wilson make a statement? Please?

Top 4 WR's are virtual locks, but what a battle is shaping up for the final 2-3 players. Every poster has his favorites. Which players will impress the coaches and the fans? Possibly the position battles that most interests the fans, including yours truly. I will be rerunning many a recorded play to observe the various WR candidates, trust me.

Backup DL will hold strong fan interest. Especially given the AD holdout and the Easley loss. How will Wade adjust? Which player(s) can start to get a strong grip on a roster spot on this talented DL?

LB play in this 3-4 Wade D will be fascinating, too. Not worried about the starters so much, although I think it will be interesting to watch Quinn's play. But the battles for backup will be fierce. Which players will be best suited for this Wade D? I suspect that our LB depth might be better than many have assumed, tbh. We'll see.

CB depth will be another knock down, drag out all PS long. So much intensity and aggressiveness under coach Pleasant, huh? The Rams will be forced to cut a good CB come Sept, imo.

Battle for S depth will also be a barn burner. Who will be the final 2 survivors after Joyner and Mo? Can't wait to watch this.

Tough call for me. I will be rewatching this recorded game like a one eyed cat peeping in the seafood store, lol. Finally getting to see these players with my own two eyes will be like heaven. All due respect to the many fine camp reporters, of course. But you know what I mean.

If I had to pick just one area of most personal interest? I think I would say the backup WR battle. That could go in six different directions over these next four weeks. Not exaggerating there, I don't think.

So, what's your "most interesting" position battle of interest? Not the most important, but the most interesting?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Like you, Rams43, I'm really interested in seeing how the different WR's play! But I also want to see how the "D-Line' plays without Donald!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just want to see some action.....Like every fan in recent history, I want to see 1's going against 1's....but that is only for about 7-10 plays, then it's the Not-Ready-For-Prime-Time-Players Show. Just have to remember that this is like a league wide college all star battle among all 32 teams. Everyone wants a job, so the hitting should be awesome.....

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Wanta see our cab drivers handle the pokes WRs. See if this talk of good play lines up

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Backup DL will hold strong fan interest. Especially given the AD holdout and the Easley loss. How will Wade adjust? Which player(s) can start to get a strong grip on a roster spot on this talented DL?
I'm getting a little concerned we are all accepting the narrative that we are "just going to have to live without Donald." Nothing we fans can do about it, (short of peppering the Rams front office with our comments) but my hide will be chapped if we are going into the second preseason game without Aaron in the fold. GET ER DONE!
Battle for S depth will also be a barn burner. Who will be the final 2 survivors after Joyner and Mo? Can't wait to watch this.
Certainly Johnson will make the team, although I haven't heard much about how he is doing yet. Then there is Cody Davis. I think he makes it. I will be shocked if there is much surprise here, but- That is why they play the games- to bring the cream to the surface. Anybody see a player surprising at Safety?

So, what's your "most interesting" position battle of interest? Not the most important, but the most interesting?
*I think the newly defined 3-4 defensive front is still fluid. Not the scheme, necessarily, but some of the players and roles. THIS may be where there is a surprise. Sonofbum may have a couple things up his sleeve.
Definite starters: LOLB Barwin LILB Barron RILB Ogletree ROLB Quinn
How many reserves? 4? 5? Forrest? Hager? Littleton? New guys? I have no idea.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Can Hav and/or Brown make a statement at the RG and RT positions, please? And what about backups? Any there, there?
They should....We should run all over the Boys this weekend, their d-line is decimated...
And can Hemingway, Harkey, or Wilson make a statement? Please?
I'm expecting big things from Hemingway...he'll get an extended look Saturday. Wilson too

I think it will be interesting to watch Quinn's play.
You really need or want Quinn to play? First pre-season game??? Not me....

Certainly Johnson will make the team, although I haven't heard much about how he is doing yet.
I heard/read he was 3rd team.

I just wanna look at the offensive line....especially the backups...and see Son of Bums defense against the Boys first unit.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I want to see McVay's demeanor on the sideline. That's gonna be the most interesting thing for me during this one.

I am anxious to see his interactions with the players and how he calls the plays on O. Will he have a giant poster-board sized laminated play list? How will he react in crunch-time situations?

How will he interact with Wade while the D is out there?

How will he interact with the refs? How will they interact with Sean?

There's not gonna be much action from our 1's,,, But our new #1 HC is gonna be on the field the entire game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I want to see McVay's demeanor on the sideline. That's gonna be the most interesting thing for me during this one.

I am anxious to see his interactions with the players and how he calls the plays on O. Will he have a giant poster-board sized laminated play list? How will he react in crunch-time situations?

How will he interact with Wade while the D is out there?

How will he interact with the refs? How will they interact with Sean?

There's not gonna be much action from our 1's,,, But our new #1 HC is gonna be on the field the entire game.
I hadn't even thought of this^, Selassie, but your right!!! Now I'll have to keep a sharp eye on McVay too!!(y)(y)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They should....We should run all over the Boys this weekend, their d-line is decimated...
I'm expecting big things from Hemingway...he'll get an extended look Saturday. Wilson too

You really need or want Quinn to play? First pre-season game??? Not me....

I heard/read he was 3rd team.

I just wanna look at the offensive line....especially the backups...and see Son of Bums defense against the Boys first unit.
This could be real FUN! Son-of-Bum against his Old Team! I hope he Whoops Jerry's A$$!!