Lost keys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Having watched, read, and listened to hours of analysis on the Ram/Saints game, there are factors I believe have been lost in the shuffle. Here are mine...

Havenstein v Jordan. Two weeks ago, Clowney dominated Big Rob and McVay was slow to adjust. Even on the pivotal bomb to Woods, Rob had to get away with holding to prevent a strip/sack/safety or defensive TD. Enter Cam Jordan who is being snubbed for the Pro Bowl and needs to make a statement. Personally, I don’t want to see that one on one matchup at all...even though I appreciate Hav’s very good play this year.

Listen to Kromer. Sean McVay made his bones around a scheme that has evolved from the Shanahan zone running with WCO passing concepts. Wisely, McVay hired an accomplished power running line coach to integrate variety to the attack. It would seem the marriage is going well but here’s to hoping Kromer’s influence takes a bigger role. If New Orleans has to adjust their defense to account for power running (with help from the secondary) their second string corners will be exposed big time and our explosive plays will come in bunches.

Where’s Brockers? The force of the Saints running game is up the gut where Westbrooks is too light to hold up and Ogletree isn’t the thumper to limit the damage and Barron isn’t cast to be much help either. I believe THIS WEEK, Brockers needs to man the middle on early downs and switch to his 5 tech DE on obvious passing downs. If not, Max zinger will make me return to the days when I screamed for the Rams to acquire either Alex Mack or Rodney Hudson when they came available. (That’s not to say I’m unhappy w Sully).

The Reynolds/Thomas debate starts here once again. With Woods out and others getting his game reps ... this is the game where we see McVay’s true evaluation of these guys. All we really need to do is count reps and targets (along with types of routes run). My belief? I think he trusts neither very much so Tavon, Pharoh, and Everett will see the action we’ve been hoping from these two. Personally, I want to see what they can do.

Finally, does McVay keep Goff in safe mode and stay the course (limit turnovers at all costs) or do we start to see him take more chances as he opens the offense a bit? If it’s a Goff/Brees shootout, does Jared get the green light to fire at will? I kinda wanna see that happen (but only if we win).

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Check the front pocket of the last pair of pants you wore, often that’s where you’ll find them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alex Mack plays for the Falcons. Max Unger plays for the Saints.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alex Mack plays for the Falcons. Max Unger plays for the Saints.

My bad, of course you’re right. Still, a dominant center can destroy a defense like ours that is light in the pants up the middle and Brockers needs to be there to mitigate the damage. JMO.

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed my post

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Check the front pocket of the last pair of pants you wore, often that’s where you’ll find them.
I always find mine the last place I look. Oddly it’s also right where I had them last.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I always find mine the last place I look. Oddly it’s also right where I had them last.
I usually find mine early in the process, then continue looking.

While I’m hot I might as well keep looking. I might find some other stuff. Found a set of nail clippers once. So there’s that.

fearsomefour

Legend
well i'm 70 my sis 73 my Brother in law 74, late model vehicles abound here in the Heartland
train
Late model doesn't mean a POS by default.
I remember breaking down once in a Taco Bell drive through. My poor son in his pop Warner uniform on the way to practice. Had to get out and push the little truck in line, jump in and stop it....repeat. Pushing it up to the window, jumped in, closed the door, paid, took the food, "thanks"....back out and pushing. Yeah, my son was a little embarrassed. Haha.
That was a relatively new POS.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Having watched, read, and listened to hours of analysis on the Ram/Saints game, there are factors I believe have been lost in the shuffle. Here are mine...

Havenstein v Jordan. Two weeks ago, Clowney dominated Big Rob and McVay was slow to adjust. Even on the pivotal bomb to Woods, Rob had to get away with holding to prevent a strip/sack/safety or defensive TD. Enter Cam Jordan who is being snubbed for the Pro Bowl and needs to make a statement. Personally, I don’t want to see that one on one matchup at all...even though I appreciate Hav’s very good play this year.

Listen to Kromer. Sean McVay made his bones around a scheme that has evolved from the Shanahan zone running with WCO passing concepts. Wisely, McVay hired an accomplished power running line coach to integrate variety to the attack. It would seem the marriage is going well but here’s to hoping Kromer’s influence takes a bigger role. If New Orleans has to adjust their defense to account for power running (with help from the secondary) their second string corners will be exposed big time and our explosive plays will come in bunches.

Where’s Brockers? The force of the Saints running game is up the gut where Westbrooks is too light to hold up and Ogletree isn’t the thumper to limit the damage and Barron isn’t cast to be much help either. I believe THIS WEEK, Brockers needs to man the middle on early downs and switch to his 5 tech DE on obvious passing downs. If not, Max zinger will make me return to the days when I screamed for the Rams to acquire either Alex Mack or Rodney Hudson when they came available. (That’s not to say I’m unhappy w Sully).

The Reynolds/Thomas debate starts here once again. With Woods out and others getting his game reps ... this is the game where we see McVay’s true evaluation of these guys. All we really need to do is count reps and targets (along with types of routes run). My belief? I think he trusts neither very much so Tavon, Pharoh, and Everett will see the action we’ve been hoping from these two. Personally, I want to see what they can do.

Finally, does McVay keep Goff in safe mode and stay the course (limit turnovers at all costs) or do we start to see him take more chances as he opens the offense a bit? If it’s a Goff/Brees shootout, does Jared get the green light to fire at will? I kinda wanna see that happen (but only if we win).

Good points! I agree with them except maybe the part about Brockers. The run defense was even worse with him at nose.

Last year Goff had his best game against this defense. The Rams were playing catch up because Payton embarrassed Williams and his defense. But he offense was as open as it gets, under Fisher and Boras. This is basically the same defense since both starting corners aren't playing. I hope McVay opens up the offense. He will have to, because the Saints ripped this group of defenders a new one last year.

I would love to see what Thomas and Reynolds could bring, even if it is only a teaser for next year.

I also would like to see some power run scheme mixed in. Versatility is a good thing. It allows a coach to prey on opponents weaknesses and also to be unpredictable.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think we’ll see a lot of A gap dawgs with very few blitzes.

I think they’re going to want to really shut down the interior run game.