Los Angeles Rams set to have two key starters return for Week 4 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Held out due to injury last week, Higbee and Blythe are set to return this Sunday

By Brandon Bate@NoPlanB_ Sep 26, 2019, 9:05pm CDT

Los Angeles Rams TE Tyler Higbee enters the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum ahead of the Week 2 game against the New Orleans Saints, Sep. 15, 2019.

Photo by Meg Oliphant/Getty Images

The Los Angeles Rams (3-0) are set to take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-2) in Week 4. The Rams received some positive news today regarding the injury status of two key starters - TE Tyler Higbee and RG Austin Blythe - both of whom missed last week. They returned as full participants and are set to return to action this weekend.

Here is the full report for Thursday, Sept. 26:
2019 Los Angeles Rams Week 4 injury report
NamePOSInjuryWed. StatusThu. Status
Austin BlytheGAnkleLimitedFull
Tyler HigbeeTEChestLimitedFull
Aqib TalibCBNot Injury RelatedDNPFull
Michael BrockersDLIllness-DNP
Andrew WhitworthTNot Injury Related-DNP
It looks as though veteran CB Aqib Talib got a bit of a breather on Wednesday, but was back as a full participant today. DT Michael Brockers obviously wasn’t feeling so hot today (Illness), so he took a day of rest. We’ll hope to see him back to 100% in the coming days. Lastly, veteran OT Andrew Whitworth, who requires no practice, did not. Nothing to see here, folks.
Here’s what Rams’ head coach Sean McVay had to say following today’s practice session:
Injury wise, we’re in good shape. Higbee’s on pace to be able to play, as is Austin. Those guys will be participants today. Michael Brockers is sick, so he won’t participate today, but hopefully it’s just a 24-hour bug and he’s feeling better. Other than that, we’re feeling pretty good.
As it usually is, the Rams opponent has a longer list of those ailing. Here’s a look at the Bucs’ injury report for Thursday:
2019 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Week 4 injury report
NamePOSInjuryWed. StatusThu. Status
Devante BondOLBHamstringLimitedLimited
Breshad PerrimanWRQuadricepsLimitedLimited
Vita VeaNTGroinDNPLimited
Jamel DeanCBAnkleDNPDNP
Chris GodwinWRHipDNPDNP
Ryan JensenCBackDNPDNP
Devin WhiteILBKneeDNPDNP

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So glad to here RG Austin Blythe will return to fix the Rams very weak link in the OL ;). AB is my Mighty Mouse to me..."Here I am to save the Day...."

I am sure the return of Tyler Higbee also will boast the overall effectiveness of the OL Sunday Afternoon too. TH's run blocking is a big help to Kromer's run game.(y):giggle:

The Buc's DL is a very good one once again......

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow, such great news! Demby, lets hope all we see you for is to cheer on the team from here on out!

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fingers crossed!

We need all the help we can get with pass protection (currently 3rd worst according to PFF) against Shaq Barrett and co. If we can give Goff time, he can do some damage against the Bucs secondary.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
PFF cracks me up. Rams aren't anywhere near bottom of the league in pass pro. BUT do you think they grade Goff more favorably based on this abominable protection they claim they are seeing? Hell no.

Ram65

Legend
Demby didn't cost the Rams a game. He got some experience which I hope has him better prepared should he needs to play again.

Funny how Blythe seemed like the weak link on the offensive line but, now most are very glad he is back. Rams can concentrate on getting the running game back on track with him and Higbee back. The Bucs coming into town should be an excellent opponent to get back to the running game. The offensive line should be ready to protect Goff better too. They have to stop Shaq Barrett who is off to a blazing start.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny how Blythe seemed like the weak link on the offensive line but, now most are very glad he is back.

He was the weak link - but his backup was a much weaker link. Probably why he was the backup.