Los Angeles Rams officially name Rob Boras as their OC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm fine with that. He showed some creativity and the ability to adjust in real time.
And by all accounts, he's a real energetic and extremely involved guy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Now lets get him some additional good solid talent to assist him being successful.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
OK with this. At least we have an offense in place and do not have to install another one in the limited off season. I have been irritated in the past with all the talk of needing a "#1 WR"......but......Please get a #1WR!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm fine with that. He showed some creativity and the ability to adjust in real time.
And by all accounts, he's a real energetic and extremely involved guy.

I'll add that Fisher's mention that many of the offensive players stopped by his offense at the end of the season to tell him how much they liked playing for Boras is important too. That's a really, really good sign IMO. If I remember correctly that type of thing was part of the reason the Rams brought Martz back in '99, because some of the WRs remembered and loved him.

Cautiously optimistic with Rob. And hopefully Groh picked up what he needed from his association with two very good OCs to give this team a boost strategically in the passing game.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
like that things seem to be falling into place...

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Just curious...

Why did Fisher wait so long to announce it?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Just curious...

That seems to be his M.O.

I found a girl, married her, bought a house, had three kids, sent them all off to college, and retired before he announced his decision between the Rams and the Dolphins.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just curious...

im guessing it was just a timing thing. He probably knew he had to give a press conference at the combine. And waited until then to announce it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A second year with the same system sounds like a pretty good idea to me! I just want to see us get more Play-makers on Offence, and an improved O-Line w/ better quarter-backing!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm hoping for the best but this is a major disappointment to me.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
It's not exactly the same system since Groh is in charge of the passing offense (not sure if it will be a total tear down or what). So the optimist in me likes that there's some consistency but also some change that's desperately needed. Plus kind of like how WWII veterans reminded themselves "at least it's not as cold as Bastogne" for the rest of their lives, I can remind myself "at least it's not Schotty".

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let's see...
  1. Fisher is on the last year of his contract
  2. Major uncertainty at QB
  3. Current regime has 4yrs near the bottom in total offense
It pains me to say it, but this is not an attractive gig. Fisher probably had few options.

So Boras it is. Hopefully he gets creative input from others around him.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
It's not exactly the same system since Groh is in charge of the passing offense (not sure if it will be a total tear down or what). So the optimist in me likes that there's some consistency but also some change that's desperately needed. Plus kind of like how WWII veterans reminded themselves "at least it's not as cold as Bastogne" for the rest of their lives, I can remind myself "at least it's not Schotty".

Now I want to watch Band of Brothers again...

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Let's see...
It pains me to say it, but this is not an attractive gig. Fisher probably had few options.

I had the exact same thoughts! Who would want to move to LA to coach the worst offense in the NFL for a head coach that keeps the reins on the passing game? Not to mention the QB issue.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Boras just needs a real QB, a legit #1 receiver and better overall production and health from his OL. I think he's fine in terms of play calling. It all comes down to execution which we've struggled at the last few years.

nighttrain

Legend
Let's see...

just hopeful at this point, hard to worse than Cigs though
train