Looks like the Patriots leaked scouting report on Manziel was accurate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Scouting Report:
deadspin.com/leaked-internal-scouting-report-the-patriots-do-not-li-1574040417

With him getting fined for tardiness and word about him not putting in the work, it looks like the Patriots nailed it. Looks like we dodged a bullet by not taking Mr Football.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dude flat out should never have been a 1st rounder.

3rd rounder at best.
I said he was a third round talent. I may have been wrong. I think the lesson to be learned here is a leopard doesn't change it's spots. If a guy doesn't put the work in college, he won't in the pros. I don't think Johnny's arm talent is bad. I think his ability to read defenses is horrid. His pocket presence sucks and he doesn't know when to move to the next play. He always is swinging for the home run when a sac fly is all that's needed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Personally, there is enough raw talent with JM that I'm not ready to predict one way or another his career goes.

He needs to get his head on straight, but he's not the first rookie QB to struggle in his first few games.

V3

Hall of Fame
Scouting Report:
deadspin.com/leaked-internal-scouting-report-the-patriots-do-not-li-1574040417

With him getting fined for tardiness and word about him not putting in the work, it looks like the Patriots nailed it. Looks like we dodged a bullet by not taking Mr Football.
Is it dodging a bullet if the Rams never intended on drafting him? That was the worst draft bluff I think I've seen in a long while.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Johnny. But question his thought process. This is the pros you dam well better prepare and be ready.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think he was a no-round talent. Why waste ANY draft pick on a guy who can't/won't play well?

It makes no sense to use any resources on a guy like this, and if I were a GM and he offered to come try out after being undrafted I'd politely decline.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He has talent, but his head is too far into his ass to hone it. He's like Leaf, he just thinks the world should fall into his lap immediately, he shouldn't have to work for it because he never did in high school or college.

He's like the kids that got pat on the back for being smart in school struggling to accept they're absolutely nobody outside of it.

Athos

Legend
I don't think Johnny's arm talent is bad.

I think it's about on par with Shaun Hill at best. The way he side arm slings it isn't a good mechanic for tight window passes, which I can't ever recall him ever having to throw.

He's a much less athletic Russell Wilson imo. Nowhere near as quick. And doesn't have RW's arm either.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The persistent myth that you can't win without a 1st round elite QB forces teams to take players who are obviously too immature. When's the last time a 1st rd QB who was known for hard work and film study from a program where he was asked to make reads and go thru progressions go bust? I can't think of many, maybe a few here and there who took a while to develop. Even then they generally make decent 2nd stringers. Draft a guy known to be immature, or a guy who spent his college years playing HS wishbone/option style, and your chances go way down finding a QB. It's not like LB or DE or TE. It takes a huge work ethic, leadership, smarts and maturity to be an NFL QB. Actual talent isn't tops of that list. It's difficult to find that elite QB, but most times it's not nearly as difficult to spot who WON'T be elite. That's not to say there aren't exceptions, but I think for the most part it holds true.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The persistent myth that you can't win without a 1st round elite QB forces teams to take players who are obviously too immature. When's the last time a 1st rd QB who was known for hard work and film study from a program where he was asked to make reads and go thru progressions go bust? I can't think of many, maybe a few here and there who took a while to develop. Even then they generally make decent 2nd stringers. Draft a guy known to be immature, or a guy who spent his college years playing HS wishbone/option style, and your chances go way down finding a QB. It's not like LB or DE or TE. It takes a huge work ethic, leadership, smarts and maturity to be an NFL QB. Actual talent isn't tops of that list. It's difficult to find that elite QB, but most times it's not nearly as difficult to spot who WON'T be elite. That's not to say there aren't exceptions, but I think for the most part it holds true.

This reminded me that as a gag gift many years ago I got an Akili Smith rookie card.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone known as or named "Johnny Football" is doomed if he isn't the best of the best right off the bat. What next? Nick "Rock Star Platinum Zillion Dollar Record Sales" Simmons? (that's Gene Simmon's son). You have to live up to the name. Aaron "Football" Rodgers is more appropriate. I never bought into the Johnny Football thing. That's a big responsibility with such a title.

Ace right

UDFA
Not that I am standing up for Johnny Manziel because anyone that remotely followed the guy through college knew he was a spoiled brat that would be bitch slapped in the NFL. That is why Cleveland is Cleveland for picking him. It just once again shows how little class the Pats have as an organization to allow that to be leaked. Yeah, they are so smart once again. At least Manziel never killed anyone, that we know of anyway. I wish someone would open up a can of STFU on New England. Kraft has to have compromising photos of Goodell to keep getting away with this crap. Tapegate, Burning of said tapes, Hernandez (they got a lid on that pretty good don't they ), all the prime draft supplemental picks a few years ago. (over valued their aging F.A. talent) Belicheat and his overrated Pompous ass protégé's around the NFL now. The Eastern Sports Programing Network The Pats P.R. arm just built Manziel up to enjoy the tear down now. Sorry this isn't the vent page but I had to let go.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Not that I am standing up for Johnny Manziel because anyone that remotely followed the guy through college knew he was a spoiled brat that would be bitch slapped in the NFL. That is why Cleveland is Cleveland for picking him. It just once again shows how little class the Pats have as an organization to allow that to be leaked. Yeah, they are so smart once again. At least Manziel never killed anyone, that we know of anyway. I wish someone would open up a can of STFU on New England. Kraft has to have compromising photos of Goodell to keep getting away with this crap. Tapegate, Burning of said tapes, Hernandez (they got a lid on that pretty good don't they ), all the prime draft supplemental picks a few years ago. (over valued their aging F.A. talent) Belicheat and his overrated Pompous ass protégé's around the NFL now. The Eastern Sports Programing Network The Pats P.R. arm just built Manziel up to enjoy the tear down now. Sorry this isn't the vent page but I had to let go.

Dude blaming Kraft for Hernandez likely committing a few murders is pretty low. And claiming they have a "lid" on the Hernandez thing is out of touch.

Ace right

UDFA
Dude blaming Kraft for Hernandez likely committing a few murders is pretty low. And claiming they have a "lid" on the Hernandez thing is out of touch.
Who is in charge in New England? Where does the buck stop? Who leaks this stuff and why? It came out that New England knew of Hernandez and his gang ties before they drafted him remember they are so thorough in their scouting. The kid that got shot at Florida in college? They ignored it, it was in their report. As far as the lid, when was he arrested almost three years ago and no new word on it. I call that a lid whether the Pats or the NFL is using clout. Do not be surprised if he cops a plea and does a few years and it all goes away. No my friend, low is not pointing it out. Low is defending cheats like Kraft and murders who commit a ''few murders'' like you said like Hernandez just got a few traffic tickets. Manziel is just a punk .we hear more about him than we do Hernandez. JMHO agree to disagree.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Who is in charge in New England? Where does the buck stop? Who leaks this stuff and why? It came out that New England knew of Hernandez and his gang ties before they drafted him remember they are so thorough in their scouting. The kid that got shot at Florida in college? They ignored it, it was in their report. As far as the lid, when was he arrested almost three years ago and no new word on it. I call that a lid whether the Pats or the NFL is using clout. Do not be surprised if he cops a plea and does a few years and it all goes away. No my friend, low is not pointing it out. Low is defending cheats like Kraft and murders who commit a ''few murders'' like you said like Hernandez just got a few traffic tickets. Manziel is just a punk .we hear more about him than we do Hernandez. JMHO agree to disagree.

Sorry, you're off base. Every team in the NFL knew about his gang affiliations, his college coach knew about them when he was recruiting him. It was no secret among any of the NFL teams. But how could anyone know he would kill? C'mon that s a HUGE leap in logic. There are several players in pro sports that have gang affiliations and there have even been guys that have flashed gang signs on the sidelines to the cameras.

Don't make it out like I think what Hernandez did is no big deal ala it's like traffic tickets and don't you dare make the assumption I am defending Kraft. You're slandering him is what I'm saying.

I have no clue what you mean by "who leaks this stuff".........dude leaks happen all the time. Figure it out on your own.

And as far as "keeping a lid on it" that's fucking hilarious considering it was covered into overkill and even his recent plea was front page news on ESPN and USAToday among others. Some lid there LOL.

Yeah agree to disagree as you say.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

This post is Darryl Henley approved

image.jpg

Ace right

UDFA
Sorry, you're off base. Every team in the NFL knew about his gang affiliations, his college coach knew about them when he was recruiting him. It was no secret among any of the NFL teams. But how could anyone know he would kill? C'mon that s a HUGE leap in logic. There are several players in pro sports that have gang affiliations and there have even been guys that have flashed gang signs on the sidelines to the cameras.

Don't make it out like I think what Hernandez did is no big deal ala it's like traffic tickets and don't you dare make the assumption I am defending Kraft. You're slandering him is what I'm saying.

I have no clue what you mean by "who leaks this stuff".........dude leaks happen all the time. Figure it out on your own.

And as far as "keeping a lid on it" that's freaking hilarious considering it was covered into overkill and even his recent plea was front page news on ESPN and USAToday among others. Some lid there LOL.

Yeah agree to disagree as you say.
Who leaks the original thread about MANZIEL? Is what I meant, Calm down Les, I was venting on the holier than thou Pats Your the one that wrote a few murders called me low for it. If you think that fine, you are mistaken. Of course Kraft did not know of the murders I can still think he is a cheat though because of his actions after the fact, but he is in charge he has left many of the people who drafted Hernandez in charge front office, Head Coach. GMs for other teams like the one in Cleveland will get sacked for picking guys like Manziel. Hernandez kills someone and their is no accountability after everyone as you said knew about it. Why? In my opinion because they win and the end justify the means with the Patriot organization. Everyone did not pass on Hernandez though did they? That is the sad issue that no one got a handle on it at Florida or later at Boston. Since as you said everyone knew of his behavior and people are dead. It is my opinion not slander this is a forum for us to trade opinions about football events and issues not call one another names. when they lock someone up for years waiting for trial their squeezing him for a plea. Which is a deal not to go to trial, not as messy , hence the lid theory. This is my opinion as I have said from the start I was venting. So calm down and go back and watch your football game we both have opinions. Hope I explained myself better, If you do not agree than that's fine as I said. We are not going to change one another's mind, I am still going to hate the Patriots as they are run now. Have a good day.