Looks like S&M are about halfway to a magnificent offseason...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Think that’s an overstatement?

Well, check this out:

Joyner tagged.
Peters brought in cheaply.
Talib brought in cheaply.
Shields brought in cheaply.
Non-fit Quinn offloaded clearing big salary in the process.
Non-fit Ogletree offloaded clearing more big salary.

Geez, I’m semi-giddy. And it’s only March 11th. Three days before the official beginning of FA.

Here are our remaining needs at starter, IMO.

C. I see Sully inexpensively extended as a virtual certainty.
WR. Either Watkins extends for a reasonable price or they will get another FA for far less money. It’s that simple.
NT. Probably draft but could be a FA.
Edge. Probably two. I’m thinking draft high for one and the other could be Barwin, draft pick, or other FA.
ILB. Probably FA if Edge was the early pick. But could be our 3rd or 4th rounder.

Beyond these 6 I think they’re going for needed depth.

Here’s the exciting thing, for me anyway.

They have approx $30 million available, the entire FA period, and the draft to plug these “holes”. VERY doable.

I will refrain from making my official prediction for ‘18 until camp, but I will say at this point I am very, very bullish about this emerging team.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I agree with everything save the labeling of Quinn as a “non fit”

While this may have been an accurate assessment early in the season, he, thru my eyes clearly was becoming a force as he grew into his new role,

Now if you wanna inject his departure had to be done due to the cap (and only the cap) then I’ll agree 100% - Shirley McSnead and Son have their priorities in order,but please don’t try to tell me we are better off (on the field) w/o Robert Quinn because I pretty much view that as ludicrous

I’m sure tho, Russell Wilson, Duane Brown and Joe Staley are delighted he’s gone

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

While this may have been an accurate assessment early in the season, he, thru my eyes clearly was becoming a force as he grew into his new role,

Now if you wanna inject his departure had to be done due to the cap (and only the cap) then I’ll agree 100% - Shirley McSnead and Son have their priorities in order,but please don’t try to tell me we are better off (on the field) w/o Robert Quinn because I pretty much view that as ludicrous

I’m sure tho, Russell Wilson, Duane Brown and Joe Staley are delighted he’s gone

I guess we just disagree on Quinn, OC.

I think that he was judged a Non-fit by Wade and that was the real reason that he was traded away. The cap savings was frosting on the cake.

I do think that he will have a good year in Miami now that he’s back in the 4-3 as primarily a pass rusher without coverage responsibilities.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

I'm not sure who we're replacing Quinn with, but I'm sure those guys will be just as upset (probably more, I think) by him than they were by Quinn.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Im not sure who we're replacing Quinn with, but I'm sure those guys will be just as upset (probably more, I think) by him than they were by Quinn.

Big words, I’ll be dancing a Charleston (lol) if they pan out

Guys, it’s just I’m really a Rams junkie, I’ve dvr’d the entire schedule, played and replayed the games and I’m telling anyone who’ll listen, Robert Quinn is damn close if not there to the mighty Quinn we grew to respect

As for “system fit” I thought... cough, cough he was adjusting just fine as the season progressed

No way of knowin the real details, so it’s up to our civilized discussion...and as Senor (queeksdraw) 43 :) stated.we’ll agree to disagree and move on

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Guys, it’s just I’m really a Rams junkie, I’ve dvr’d the entire schedule, played and replayed the games and I’m telling anyone who’ll listen, Robert Quinn is damn close if not there to the mighty Quinn we grew to respect

As for “system fit” I thought... cough, cough he was adjusting just fine as the season progressed

No way of knowin the real details, so it’s up to our civilized discussion...and as Senor (queeksdraw) 43 :) stated.we’ll agree to disagree and move on
just go back and watch the Minnesota game... concentrate on Quinn there was nothing mighty about his performance in that game

offloading Quinn was one of the smartest move made ...love the guy ..but he wasnt a 3-4 OLB

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Wade was not happy with the run defense. Quinn's contain was bad for most of the season, his rush helped the Rams to move him in spite of his contract but that really was a move that needed to be made.

Teams that win year to year pay the right guys. You can't have a drain going on where you're bleeding cap space to non-difference makers. And Quinn's just too old a dog to learn a scheme where he's gotta drop into coverage and execute that extra level of complexity snap to snap. I'm glad they moved him, and if they can get some young legs in here to rush and contain and do what Wade needs done I think most fans are going to be pretty happy with the result.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I'm with you Bro!!!(y)(y)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Magnificent is still to be determined with on the field play with these new pieces/players....but it's damn exciting as they rebuild one unit after remaking the offense the prior offseason....

Makes the draft process more exciting....I believe they'll grab more players that fans like us know and expect we should target....defense is more about attitude and athleticism....

Yep....SPARQ guys....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Magnificent is still to be determined with on the field play with these new pieces/players....but it's damn exciting as they rebuild one unit after remaking the offense the prior offseason....

Makes the draft process more exciting....I believe they'll grab more players that fans like us know and expect we should target....defense is more about attitude and athleticism....

Yep....SPARQ guys....
We MUST win the Offseason! ~LACHAMP46

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I guess we just disagree on Quinn, OC.

I think that he was judged a Non-fit by Wade and that was the real reason that he was traded away. The cap savings was frosting on the cake.

I do think that he will have a good year in Miami now that he’s back in the 4-3 as primarily a pass rusher without coverage responsibilities.

What is M ?

Robert Quinn did not out play Longacre early, but was a lot better at the end of the season. It was a cap move.
I think a talker OLB might be what Wade needs though that can drop in passing lanes.

Chris Collinsworth against the Falcons called Quinn a one step pony , so that was a scouting report.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
What is M ?

Robert Quinn did not out play Longacre early, but was a lot better at the end of the season. It was a cap move.
I think a talker OLB might be what Wade needs though that can drop in passing lanes.

Chris Collinsworth against the Falcons called Quinn a one step pony , so that was a scouting report.
I think some of quinn's improvement was wade adjusted how he used quinn.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think some of quinn's improvement was wade adjusted how he used quinn.

I’ll just disagree, & day Robert Quinn is one of the best to come off the edge. He was starting to play a little bit like his old self when he had 19 sacks.
Robert Quinn was also learning the position of OLB & getting off the line to cover more. Weather that was Wade making adjustments. Robert Quinn was doing things he really never did in his career.