Looks Like Gurley Might Sit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Just read where he was out again today and walking with a boot on. That, plus the fact that Malcolm Brown was just promoted from the practice squad makes me think Gurley is probably going to miss this game. I'm honestly ok with it. Let the big man rest up and get a head start on the off-season. I can't wait to see him a full year removed from surgery and 100%.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If he played in this game, I'd be through with Fish & Snead

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/1...y-may-miss-the-season-finale-in-san-francisco

St. Louis Rams: Todd Gurley May Miss the Season Finale In San Francisco
By Brandon Bate

@NoPlanB_ on Dec 31, 2015, 4:12p 7 7

usa-today-9021198.0.jpg

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
Todd Gurley missed his second consecutive practice on Thursday, just a few days prior to the Rams’ season finale...

Piecing together a few very telling bits of information might lead one to believe that St. Louis Rams’ fans have seen the last of rookie running back Todd Gurley in 2015.

For starters, Gurley missed his second consecutive practice on Thursday [foot], and was spotted in a walking boot, according to Post-Dispatch’s Jim Thomas.

Second, the Rams made a few roster moves on Thursday that might be telling. The team placed Nick Fairley and Doug Worthington on season-ending IR, and claimed cornerback Troy Hill from the Patriots. More telling, they promoted running back Malcolm Brown from the practice squad.

The Rams offense is, without a doubt, more dangerous with Gurley on the field, but his health is also of the utmost importance to the Rams’ future. For now, it looks as though they’ll lean on Benny Cunningham and Tre Mason as the primary ball-carriers in San Francisco this Sunday.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eh, will be disappointed but if it happens, Mason gets a chance to possibly audition for a new job.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Still wondering about Browns age. He's either 16 years old tomorrow or 116 according to the link to SB Nation if you click on his name. He's either too young or doing pretty damn good for 116 years old.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still wondering about Browns age. He's either 16 years old tomorrow or 116 according to the link to SB Nation if you click on his name. He's either too young or doing pretty damn good for 116 years old.

116? Geez, even the 9ers defense might give him a broken hip.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If he played in this game, I'd be through with Fish & Snead
Even if it is a bruised foot or toe - eh? Let's not presume to know the severity or the type of foot pain he is dealing with.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'll wait until the team has something to say about it more than "we left him at the hotel getting treatment on his foot."

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Brown could be a bit of insurance in case Todd Gurley (foot) is unable to play on Sunday. The running back did not practice once again on Thursday, but Fisher said Gurley does not necessarily need to participate in Friday’s session to be active against the Niners.

“He’s getting treatment on the foot right now, so we’ll see how he is tomorrow,” Fisher said.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Eh, will be disappointed but if it happens, Mason gets a chance to possibly audition for a new job.
And, I'm happy, against my own will, because I don't want to see him start the offseason hurt. If he's not 80%, then, when the playoffs are out of reach, keep him from hurting himself, because competitors don't know how to lay off. This is a smart move, he's been gimpy the last couple of games, and he IS our future.

Next year, a top 5 NFL rushing season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not too worried, Gurley had a tendency to get dinged up in college, probably due to the way he doesn't exactly shy away from contact. Dude's the franchise right now, at least until they get their QB, so sit him and let Mason and company show what they can do.

jap

Legend
And, I'm happy, against my own will, because I don't want to see him start the offseason hurt. If he's not 80%, then, when the playoffs are out of reach, keep him from hurting himself, because competitors don't know how to lay off. This is a smart move, he's been gimpy the last couple of games, and he IS our future.

Next year, a top 5 NFL rushing season.

It's the damn '9ers! It wouldn't be because they don't know how to lay off; it would be because they fully intend to cripple our future hall of famer if they can get away with it.

Athos

Legend
Good. He for his 1000 and double digit TDs. Even it was the most minor of things I'd rest him.

No reason to play him against a hated rival that may go after him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope he makes the game. I'm sure we can win without him, But I was looking forward to seeing him run all-over the 9ers!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I've been disappointed in Mason they way he's handled this and his play looks so small to me and not hitting the hole quick on top of it when the hole is there, he's getting caught quickly too so losing the weight does not seem to have helped his speed.

My hope is maybe the fact that Gurley is not playing, it will give Mason more confidence and he plays so well that like you communicated the Rams can trade him for a draft choice next year.

I love Benny Cunningham and he played lights out in the first game of the year, but with Benny ball security can always be an issue. Would love to see some of Malcolm Brown, but not sure we will.