Looks Like Fish Might Be Roaming the Coliseum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it would be a huge mistake, I think Del Rio would be a mistake too, but at least he'll be able to recruit. Swann should aim higher for the likes of Chris Petersen (Washington) see if John Harbaugh would like to try college like his brother and if he gets a now, then James Franklin (Penn State) or Kyle Whittingham (Utah). Run away for the alum choices, aim high, it's USC!
Correct me if I’m wrong but an AD is a fund raiser and the guy that hires coaches. Those coaches then recruit. I highly doubt any AD is out on the recruiting trail.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
Fisher did a lot for this club, he brought us from the dark-ages to mediocrity, for that I’m thankful. Like most head coaches, he’s extremely stubborn and that was his downfall. He began the foundation for what this team
Is now, and for that I’m thankful.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
If he can hire a competent spread OC I think he’s make for a great head coach. Always seemed like a players coach and very well liked which is great for college recruiting. Could see him really relating to prospects

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never thought he'd get a head coaching job again after how bad he looks with McVay's quick turnaround.
It's pretty obvious that the game has passed him by . Good luck USC . You'll need it

Psycho_X

Legend
I think he has the makings of a fine college HC. He's a good leader for the young men and all that. But USC might be too high profile for him. He should go get that Tennessee job when it inevitably comes open down the road tbh.

I said last year I think Fisher was an obvious choice for USC Athletic director.

Yeah I've said for years I think Fisher would a lot of success in college football if he wanted to lower his expectations to stay coaching.

Fisher could succeed in college if he hired a dynamic OC and stayed out of the way on offense. However, he won't do that.

He probably would still be coaching the Rams if he did that in the NFL too. Thankfully, he has a problem with that and we dodged a couple more years of him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
With every Sean McVay/Rams victory and with every triumph on the field by Goff and Gurley, the possibility of Jeff Fisher getting hired anywhere for a head coaching position diminishes. The Talking Heads have been using him as a punchline in their jokes since last season. It's doubtful that those who do the hiring for NFL and college teams have missed this.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Fisher could succeed in college if he hired a dynamic OC and stayed out of the way on offense. However, he won't do that.

Fisher can coach defense. Although Fisher rightly earned lots of scorn for allowing the offense to collapse after being run by incompetent coaches and stocked with knucklehead players, he still did some things well. Whether he could potentially be a successful college coach, and if he has learned from the demise of the Rams' O, remain to be seen if USC gives him a shot.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I can't believe that as horrible a coach he was with the Rams, people on this forum are still posting about him as if he is valuable to anyone else in the game of football today. Please stop. SMH

He took us from the awful spags and linehan days to at least mediocrity. There is something to say about Fish as a transitional coah. He's washed up now, but I do thank him for what he did.

LuvMeThemRams

Rookie
You have to wonder what Fish thinks of his own talent after a rookie head coach took the team to the playoffs?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
There is something to say about Fish as a transitional coach

That's a good description of Fish. Not gawd-awful like Linehan and Spags, got the Rams back to a place of some respectability, and left a lot of good in the cupboards (instead of bare as a Venezuelan grocery store shelf like the previous two). Just too stubborn and backwards offensively to take the next step.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Correct me if I’m wrong but an AD is a fund raiser and the guy that hires coaches. Those coaches then recruit. I highly doubt any AD is out on the recruiting trail.

Correct my intention was that hiring Fisher or Del Rio as Head Coach by Athletic Director Lynn Swann would be a mistake, but Del Rio would be a good recruiter IMO, whereas I don't think Fisher would be. Again my list for USC Head Coach would be:

1. Chris Petersen (Washington)
  2. John Harbaugh (If he wants a college gig)
  3. James Franklin (I believe he would leave Penn State for USC)
  4. Kyle Whittingham (Utah)

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I'm betting Fisher doesn't even get an interview.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sorry I can't take the job, USC....Air Force had a better option ~ Fish
damon-pull-stake-lylyord-tumblr.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Correct my intention was that hiring Fisher or Del Rio as Head Coach by Athletic Director Lynn Swann would be a mistake, but Del Rio would be a good recruiter IMO, whereas I don't think Fisher would be. Again my list for USC Head Coach would be:

1. Chris Petersen (Washington)
  2. John Harbaugh (If he wants a college gig)
  3. James Franklin (I believe he would leave Penn State for USC)
  4. Kyle Whittingham (Utah)
Whittingham is the only one that's a possibility IMO. The rest are successful in colleges that currently are as big or bigger. USC has a very storied past, but it's in the past it's a school lacking in talent right now and will take some rebuilding. If you're making big money at Penn St or can get a job in the NFL why move? I think Petersen is a good candidate for the NFL.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think Petersen is a good candidate for the NFL.

I'd be shocked, strikes me as a college guy, but Brian Kelly Notre Dame will be in the NFL in 2019 IMO...Been at Notre Dame 9 years and this would be the perfect year to move on...Not sure where, but I'm thinking Kelly Green is a good color so the New York Jets could be his landing spot.