Look's Like Another Round Of L.A V St Louis is eminent

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
L.A Dodgers V St Louis Cards coming up.
What's your take on the matchups? The Cards have owned the Dodgers of late and smashed their playoff and W.S dreams. Will all that change this year? Will that mega payroll finally come to fruition for the boys in blue or will they be sent home with their tail between their legs yet again?
Will Clayton Kershaw the undisputable pre eminent arm in baseball follow up his regular season prowess with some post season magic, a feat that has eluded him thus far in his career ?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Don't count out the Pirates. They've been the hottest team in baseball and the Cardinals are dealing with a nasty flu bug that's making it's way through the clubhouse. The same thing has wrecked our season before.

If this matchup comes to fruition, the Dodgers should win but the Cardinals have proven time and time again that no matter how 'meh' the team has looked during the regular season, they can turn it up for the playoffs.

I am looking forward to two games of Wainwright v. Kershaw.

I like the Dodgers lineup, rotation, and relief pitching better (I gave the lineup and relief edge to the Cardinals last year) this time around.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
As a Cardinal fan, the edges that I see in my teams favor are this. Clayton Kershaw is without a doubt the best regular season pitcher in baseball. But his postseason track record isn't nearly as dominant. Michael Wacha, a rookie, beat Kershaw twice last postseason. And from there, the Dodgers pitching staff out side of Kershaw has only accounted for about a .500 record.

I like the totality of the Cardinals pitching staff over the Dodgers, and pitching is key in the playoffs. But, both teams are very talented and even a big edge can prove worthless when a team gets things going at the right time. And as ZigZag said, the Pirates are hot on the Cards tail. It'll be a fun couple series here to round out the season.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
What scares me most is the back end of the Cardinals bullpen. Rosenthal has been volatile and a single slip up can completely change the complexion of a series.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Dodgers will scoop the lot this year. Come on LA!

209RamsFan

Kershaw will mow down the redbirds... Hes the 2nd coming of Koufax....guy throws beebees.....nasty stuff!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Kershaw will mow down the redbirds... Hes the 2nd coming of Koufax....guy throws beebees.....nasty stuff!
I don't know. Nothing against Kershaw he is the best pitcher in baseball right now, but Koufax won in the post season.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

In the last two seasons Kershaw is 1-4 with a 3.89 ERA against the Cardinals in the last two seasons. He's beatable.

I don't know. Nothing against Kershaw he is the best pitcher in baseball right now, but Koufax won in the post season.

Kershaw's only 26. It took Sandy Koufax until his age 27 season before he started to win in the postseason. Koufax started his career 0-2 in the postseason.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
I believe the Dodgers are like 30 games above .500 when Kershaw, Greinke or Ryu pitches and I think 7 games below .500 when anybody else starts. The key to the Dodgers postseason is the health of Ryu.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I sure hope Ryu can go, It should be a fun series. Puig please keep your head on.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Wait, the Cards won't play the Dodgers from the wildcard slot will they? ;)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think we got the better draw! Of course, we have to win one more game to get the honor to beat the Cards to go to the World Series.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I know there are lots of Cardinals and Dodger fans on this board. Congrats on getting to the playoffs and good luck!