Looking at the Rams roster after the bye week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Rams current O-Line has Jackson at LT ... Allen at Center returning from injury ... Aboushi and Evans starting at G ... the three reserves on the 53-man roster are Nsekhe, Skura and Brewer ... and on the Practice Squad there's Arcuri and Pircher.

Jesus! I will absolutely hope-for-the-best ... But ... my expectations can NOT be that high.

True, but I like it a lot better than the last few weeks.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jeremiah was nothing more than a band-aid on multiple wounds involving this 2022 OL. Tough time for JK to enter the MR53 picture finally & end up in a massive mess.

JK has just enough talent to survive on the Rams PS but nothing more, thus it is time to find a young IOL'er/center to groom up. JK does not fit.

Snead has Allen for 2 more seasons & Shelton for only one more so drafting an. Allen OC/OG would be a very good idea. Allen has proven he is going to be injured & going to miss a lot of games. Shelton finally got his chance to start & got injured so there is a trend here. Resolve it @Loyal !

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Oline will be better with Allen back in the lineup. He is the best option on the team at center and was a pro bowl alternate last year. I don’t get all the hate for him at ROD.

If there was a fuck up in handling his off season it was the team not getting the procedure done on his knee earlier.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams Stock Report after bye week: Writing on the wall for Leonard Floyd​

Edge rusher is being squeezed out of LA’s defensive picture

By Steven Ridings Oct 26, 2022
1666798427127.png

The Los Angeles Rams have a lot of candidates trending in the right direction. Players are returning from injury and the offense has the opportunity to find its identity in a pivotal divisional matchup. What players specifically exited the bye week with more job security and reason for optimism? Here are five players that saw their stock rise after the bye and five players with their stock dropping.

Stock Up

1. Darrell Henderson, RB

During the bye week, the Los Angeles Rams attempted to trade for Christian McCaffrey. The Carolina Panthers opted to accept the division-rival San Francisco 49ers offer, leaving the Rams empty-handed. The lack of a trade is of benefit to Henderson who is guaranteed to be the lead back in Week 8.

2. Van Jefferson, WR

After two offseason knee surgeries, Van Jefferson is set to return to the field. McVay expects the third-year wide receiver to make an immediate impact.

3. Alaric Jackson, LT

After Joe Noteboom was diagnosed with an achilles tear, Alaric Jackson is looked upon to protect Matthew Stafford’s blindside. LA has yet to trade for any offensive lineman, ensuring their trust in Jackson’s ability to not only be the left tackle for the remainder of 2022, but potentially beyond
4. Matthew Stafford, QB

No one on the Rams offense benefited from the bye week more than Matt Stafford. The quarterback was able to get a week’s rest after being hit and knocked down at an alarming rate through six weeks. On top of the rest, Stafford gets his center Brian Allen and number three receiver, Van Jefferson back.

5. Matt Skura, C

A name that has yet to be discussed in detail is Matt Skura. The Rams signed him after Coleman Shelton’s high ankle sprain. After onboarding him the last few weeks, the Rams are contemplating starting him at guard in place of Bobby Evans or Oday Aboushi. At the very least, Skura has earned himself the backup role behind Brian Allen as the team waived Jeremiah Kolone.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1584999711416934400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1584999711416934400%7Ctwgr%5Efe9bfa5536e9e4e7ef475edfbe9f5421e3d1bb66%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.turfshowtimes.com%2F2022%2F10%2F26%2F23424070%2Flos-angeles-rams-stock-up-stock-down-leonard-floyd

Stock Down

1. Leonard Floyd, EDGE

Even though the Rams have not made a trade, the news regarding LA’s interest in Brian Burns means they are prepared to move on from Leonard Floyd after 2022. The writing is on the wall and Floyd has 11 games to rewrite his timeline in Los Angeles. His level of production does not reflect his salary.

View: https://twitter.com/JKBOGEN/status/1584836775104872452?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1584836775104872452%7Ctwgr%5Efe9bfa5536e9e4e7ef475edfbe9f5421e3d1bb66%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.turfshowtimes.com%2F2022%2F10%2F26%2F23424070%2Flos-angeles-rams-stock-up-stock-down-leonard-floyd

With the opportunity to save $15.5 million in salary in 2023 along with adding youth and more production at the edge position, Floyd is more expendable than retainable.
2. Justin Hollins & Terrell Lewis, EDGE

The edge rushers are not safe from criticism. Hollins and Lewis have only generated two sacks between themselves. Terrell Lewis, a third-round pick in 2020, has not lived up to his hype as a prospect.

3. David Long Jr, CB

David Long Jr returned in Week 6, but his starting spot may not be guaranteed for much longer. LA will welcome the return of Troy Hill and Cobie Durant heading into Week 8. This leaves Sean McVay and Raheem Morris with a decision of what three cornerbacks to start. Ramsey is a lock. Hill is likely guaranteed a spot as the nickel corner. Kendrick may have the upper hand on the outside having started the last four weeks.

4. Cam Akers, RB

It is no secret that Cam Akers’ time with Los Angeles is at an impasse. However, the best situation for Akers would have been a trade following his week six separation from the team. However, Akers is left in the same position another week later. He will unlikely suit up in Week 8 and misses another week as a healthy inactive, which doesn’t exactly build his value in other teams’ eyes.

5. Oday Aboushi / Bobby Evans, OG

McVay might start Matt Skura so that leaves Oday Aboushi or Bobby Evans as the odd man out. Regardless of the starter, both players may be on thin ice so seizing opportunities is imperative.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Oline will be better with Allen back in the lineup. He is the best option on the team at center and was a pro bowl alternate last year. I don’t get all the hate for him at ROD.

If there was a fuck up in handling his off season it was the team not getting the procedure done on his knee earlier.
Guess I have missed the hate posts but I have shared my frustrations with the ongoing & serious problem with Brian Allen.

The fact is he can not remain healthy to be counted on as a starting center in the NFL. When fully healthy he is a good playing member of this OL but BA is mostly injured thus the OL continuity becomes difficult to maintain.

Tano

Legend

Allen is just injury prone which is what people are mostly upset at. Same with Saffold and I do not think a procedure on his knee will resolve his issues like it did for Saffold's shoulder.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Allen is just injury prone which is what people are mostly upset at. Same with Saffold and I do not think a procedure on his knee will resolve his issues like it did for Saffold's shoulder.
I disagree that he is injury prone. He’s had a bad knee, that has been his issue. The procedure he has done this year was not as a result of another injury, he played the entire game versus the Bills.

That procedure should have been done early in the off-season so he would be ready to start. It’s something that guys with bad knees deal with.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Guess I have missed the hate posts but I have shared my frustrations with the ongoing & serious problem with Brian Allen.

The fact is he can not remain healthy to be counted on as a starting center in the NFL. When fully healthy he is a good playing member of this OL but BA is mostly injured thus the OL continuity becomes difficult to maintain.
Not directed at you Boni but, there have been others saying he’s always been a problem, is injury prone etc and giving him no credit for what he’s accomplished.

From my view the procedure he had should have been done early in the off-season. There was no report of another injury, he played the whole game versus the Bills. It sounds like it was a clean up job not a repair otherwise he wouldn’t be back at all this year.

I agree they need to draft a replace and get him ready for when Allen’s contract ends. But, for the rest of this year and the next two we should all be hoping Allen is in the lineup.

Tano

Legend
I disagree that he is injury prone. He’s had a bad knee, that has been his issue. The procedure he has done this year was not as a result of another injury, he played the entire game versus the Bills.

That procedure should have been done early in the off-season so he would be ready to start. It’s something that guys with bad knees deal with.

He had a bad knee injury after starting a few games in 2019 and since then has not had fully healthy knees even last year he was out a couple games due to his bad knee.

That is injury prone to me.

Maybe you're right and he will come back fully healthy this time after this procedure.

I hope so because Kolone was just not ready to be a starter for two games.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not directed at you Boni but, there have been others saying he’s always been a problem, is injury prone etc and giving him no credit for what he’s accomplished.

From my view the procedure he had should have been done early in the off-season. There was no report of another injury, he played the whole game versus the Bills. It sounds like it was a clean up job not a repair otherwise he wouldn’t be back at all this year.

I agree they need to draft a replace and get him ready for when Allen’s contract ends. But, for the rest of this year and the next two we should all be hoping Allen is in the lineup.
BA must have a badly damaged knee & his career might be cut short here.

Not sure if it's only one knee or both are an issue but If Snead & McVay are depending on BA to lead this OL for the rest of his contract in 2022/ 2023/ 2024, they are making a very bad mistake. That's why I would go with the tandem Shelton/Allen from this point.

I have no problems with keeping BA for the rest of his contract if he is married to Shelton in 2022/ 2023.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
If the Rams do manage to still have a 2'nd round pick after the trade deadline, the draftee I'm eyeballing the most is Arkansas C/OG Ricky Stromberg. I'd have him starting at LG while spending the season also learning the Center calls. He's 21 y.o., 6'4", 318 lbs. and considered a mid-second round prospect but has been moving up the charts recently, so whether he's available when we draft is going to remain questionable for awhile.
Stromberg started as a 280 lb Freshman Center.

should be the all-SEC Center this year. The Razorbacks have led the conference and might be top-10 nationally in Rushing Offense.

Hell of a player.

Don‘t recall him playing OG but not saying he couldn’t.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Stromberg started as a 280 lb Freshman Center.

should be the all-SEC Center this year. The Razorbacks have led the conference and might be top-10 nationally in Rushing Offense.

Hell of a player.

Don‘t recall him playing OG but not saying he couldn’t.

'In 2019 as a freshman Stromberg saw action in 12 games and played a total of 722 snaps for the Razorbacks. He allowed a solid 9 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at right guard.'

He became a Center in 2020 and has remained there since.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
'In 2019 as a freshman Stromberg saw action in 12 games and played a total of 722 snaps for the Razorbacks. He allowed a solid 9 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at right guard.'

He became a Center in 2020 and has remained there since.
You're gonna be like @Loyal when they pass on him for an undersized wideout aren't you.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
You're gonna be like @Loyal when they pass on him for an undersized wideout aren't you.

I'm not sure what he's like in these circumstances, but I've been doing mock drafts for years and am quite used to disappointment. I suspect we may lose our 2'nd round pick this week anyway as the trade deadline approaches. Hope not, but it seems very possible. jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Sounds like what I expected, an issue going back to March, just cleaning things up not doing repairs. Bad choice not to have it done before camp but, sounds like he should be good to go now.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Cuz his first name isn't Apollo's last name.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sounds like what I expected, an issue going back to March, just cleaning things up not doing repairs. Bad choice not to have it done before camp but, sounds like he should be good to go now.
Am I wrong here but does this seem to happen more than it should on these holds off in the off season & see then there is no resolve & our Rams are out for a long period during the regular season?