Looking at the Rams roster after the bye week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Jeremiah was nothing more than a band-aid on multiple wounds involving this 2022 OL. Tough time for JK to enter the MR53 picture finally & end up in a massive mess.

JK has just enough talent to survive on the Rams PS but nothing more, thus it is time to find a young IOL'er/center to groom up. JK does not fit.

Snead has Allen for 2 more seasons & Shelton for only one more so drafting an. Allen OC/OG would be a very good idea. Allen has proven he is going to be injured & going to miss a lot of games. Shelton finally got his chance to start & got injured so there is a trend here. Resolve it @Loyal !

200.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All the Rams need to do is give RoD a broom closet at Rams Park so we can put up spreadsheets and conspiracies for the execs to marvel at.

tenor.gif

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I truly thought that Kolone did an admiral job for what he was.

I don't remember a fumble.

Or a large amount of penalties.

It could have been much worse than what he provided there.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Rams current O-Line has Jackson at LT ... Allen at Center returning from injury ... Aboushi and Evans starting at G ... the three reserves on the 53-man roster are Nsekhe, Skura and Brewer ... and on the Practice Squad there's Arcuri and Pircher.

Jesus! I will absolutely hope-for-the-best ... But ... my expectations can NOT be that high.
Ditch Evans and put in Skura and I think you have a decent cobbled together offensive line there personally.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Am I wrong here but does this seem to happen more than it should on these holds off in the off season & see then there is no resolve & our Rams are out for a long period during the regular season?
Seems to me it happens too often. Same to a degree with Ramsey this year waiting for 2 months??? to get his shoulder done.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Ditch Evans and put in Skura and I think you have a decent cobbled together offensive line there personally.
I think your wish might come true. Before the knee injury, Skura was a red-chip interior lineman for the Ravens. Maybe he's fully healthy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think your wish might come true. Before the knee injury, Skura was a red-chip interior lineman for the Ravens. Maybe he's fully healthy.
I believe you are right here on Skura, Rams would not release Kolone if there was not a 2nd center ready to go. If for some reason there is a hiccup with Allen being ready for the 9ers DL then the veteran Skura is ready to go to work. I would expect both Allen/ Skura to be active this Sunday.

Yes for an OL'er who never worked his way up to the MR53 before this season having no experience in regular season games just preseason .....yes he did an admirable job @ starting center. JK was released on 10-25-2022 & as of this posting Rams have not resigned him back to the PS where he has been since 2018.

It would indicate to me that McVay/Carberry will go from this point on with Allen/Skura with Coleman Shelton {IR} as the emergency 3rd center for the rest of this season.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend

He did okay from time to time but his pass blocking was just horrible

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brian Allen happy to be back and past knee issue​

Oct 27, 2022 at 09:39 AM/Stu Jackson

Brian Allen tried to be as involved as he could after undergoing a cleanup procedure on his knee in Week 2, but it just wasn't the same as actually being out there on the field.

Back this week for the Rams' Week 8 matchup with the 49ers, the Rams center said he's eager to contribute again.

"It's good. Fun to be back out there," Allen said Wednesday. "Whenever you get hurt in the NFL, it's not fun. I don't want to say you're not a part of the team, but just one of those periods of time where you're kind of away from certain stuff. And believe it or not, I enjoy doing this. It's annoying when you're not doing what you want to do, so it makes me a lot happier to be out there and be able to contribute."

Allen's return will provide a boost to an offensive line that has battled its fair share of injuries through the first six weeks of the season. As they worked through those combinations, quarterback Matthew Stafford was sacked 22 times.

"It's like watching your brother get beat up, and you can't get in there for a sucker punch," Allen said, when asked what it was like watching Los Angeles' offensive line deal with those injuries while he was sidelined.

Perhaps the biggest piece to Allen's return is the communication he will provide, something that Stafford praised him for last season. Stafford said last year that Allen thinks like a quarterback and sees things the same way he does, and on Thursday, indicated Allen's style of play can also impact the entire offensive line.

"He is a really veteran player for us, a guy that's got a lot of experience up there at the center position," Stafford said. "He's a great communicator, physical player, a tone setter for us, owns what we're trying to do as an offense. I think that kind of permeates you at the offensive line."

Allen said he had been dealing with "loose bodies" in his knee since "March or April." He said some players handle it differently, and he thought it would go away by limiting his reps during organized team activities and later training camp.

Allen said he finally got the swelling down, only to have 50 CC's drained out of his knee Wednesday morning of Week 1 – meaning the day before the Rams' season-opener against the Bills.

While the whole process was frustrating for Allen, he indicated it's the healthiest he's felt in quite some time.
"It's kind of an uncomfortable feeling going out there with one-and-a-half legs," Allen said. "So I feel better now than I felt going into last year, so I'm pretty happy. Sucks that it happened when it did, and I had to miss the time that I did, but I feel better than you know when I felt – I feel like it's 2019 again, so it's nice to have a new knee and just have confidence in that."

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Spotrac Transactions reflect Jeremiah Kolone back on the Rams' Practice Squad.

So, we're good on the O-Line ... Right?