Looking ahead to the draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Draft BPA, rather than need. The past couple of years has been about need. Two years ago the went heavy OL, last year it was QB/WR/TE heavy-both were areas of need. (BTW-Scary after all this draft capital still worst O in the league).

I would also like to see them bring in a couple of impact FA. This team is still the youngest team in the NFL and some above average veterans that know how to win would help tremendously. Look at what Taint and Bouldin are doing for Detroit after loosing Johnson.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't you guys think we need help on the offense ? All I read is about is drafting defense

Last edited:

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Rams are few impact players away. Since the Rams don't have sufficient draft capital next year, here's what I would do.

Center - Release Barnes and let him go. The guy gets crushed, bull-rushed and steam-rolled constantly. Rams may need to trade some of their marginal practice squad players and get a low round pick in return to draft a center.

LG - Saffold is similar to Barnes. He's easily steam-rolled, crushed, out faked and bull-rushed consistently. Rams need to trade him for an PS player from another team or luckily get a 6th round out of him.

RG - Wichmann. Either he just stood there and the line did not move forward or he's striking a pose pretending to be an Offensive Lineman. The right side is also squashed, bullrushed and outfaked consistently and constantly. That's why Gurley never had that one cut and go type of runs towards the right side. Rams need to trade him and if possible package him with OL coach Paul Boudreau for some PS player as well.

Brian Quick - Don't renew this guy's contract. Let him be a FA. When his main job as WR is to hone and improve on his craft and be the impact player, he looks like the 6th WR on any team. There were plays that he missed or maybe the QB did not tell him to line up properly, but this guy looks completely lost in the NFL. I look at the Chargers WR corp and anyone of their WR can be a 1WR or 2WR on any team. Maybe the Chargers will deal with the Rams for some WRs, while they negotiate with Stan for some lease discount in L.A.?

Rams also need depth on Defense with a CB, DE and LB. And since there's not enough draft capital, Rams can trade Mannion and let him have a chance elsewhere and get a few 4th or 5th round in return.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't you guys think we need help on the offense ? All I read is about is drafting defense
Most of us are wanting to give the people already drafted a chance. We have several rookies on offense that we haven't seen a lot of under Fisher so we don't know what we have. Plus a change of coaching is an upgrade to the offense without any changes to players.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brian Quick - Don't renew this guy's contract. Let him be a FA. When his main job as WR is to hone and improve on his craft and be the impact player, he looks like the 6th WR on any team. There were plays that he missed or maybe the QB did not tell him to line up properly, but this guy looks completely lost in the NFL. I look at the Chargers WR corp and anyone of their WR can be a 1WR or 2WR on any team. Maybe the Chargers will deal with the Rams for some WRs, while they negotiate with Stan for some lease discount in L.A.?

Brian Quick is playing great football right now. With a competent QB, he'd be having a huge year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yes. We need to address the OL. I'm okay with the rest of the offense right now. Although, I'm not opposed to targeting a free agent WR or TE. We need to improve our overall defensive depth.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Brian Quick is playing great football right now. With a competent QB, he'd be having a huge year.

Quick is so-so. There were plays that I thought he could have really owned the other team's DB and contested the ball or hit the ball away from the DB when he knew it was going to be an interception.

That is the frustrating part. I think football intelligence is not his strong suit and he needs to rise up to the occasion rather than let the occasion come to him. That separates the so-so WRs from the greats.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick is so-so. There were plays that I thought he could have really owned the other team's DB and contested the ball or hit the ball away from the DB when he knew it was going to be an interception.

That is the frustrating part. I think football intelligence is not his strong suit and he needs to rise up to the occasion rather than let the occasion come to him. That separates the so-so WRs from the greats.

He's not the perfect WR, but he's shown incredible progression this year as a WR. I'd rather not let a guy walk who is just starting to figure it out. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that he posts a 1000+ yard season despite not being a primary target. If we play Goff, I'd say his odds incredible significantly. As it stands now, he's on pace for 800+ yards and 6 TDs. That's pretty impressive considering Keenum's issues.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
He's not the perfect WR, but he's shown incredible progression this year as a WR. I'd rather not let a guy walk who is just starting to figure it out. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that he posts a 1000+ yard season despite not being a primary target. If we play Goff, I'd say his odds incredible significantly. As it stands now, he's on pace for 800+ yards and 6 TDs. That's pretty impressive considering Keenum's issues.

I'm still waiting on Quick to perform with consistency and impact. The Rams will re-evaluate on Quick once the season is over. Maybe Quick will prosper in a system like what the Chargers run. But with the Rams, it's like the offense is running on molasses.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm still waiting on Quick to perform with consistency and impact. The Rams will re-evaluate on Quick once the season is over. Maybe Quick will prosper in a system like what the Chargers run. But with the Rams, it's like the offense is running on molasses.
Wait, what?
What better offense for Quick then what the Rams are running? Dude gets open deep in almost every game. Keenum missed him last week.
Yeah it took way too long for the kid to get it together but now that he has, why cut him loose?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Quick has consistently shown up each week since the Tampa Bay game in Week 3. He's already prospering.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not ready for this conversation just yet. Still time to go, and if things don't turn around the coaching conversation is going to have enormous impact wrt personnel.

Bruce2980

Starter
Any picks on offense other than Gurley have been a waste. This coaching staff can't develop anything with picks on the o side of the ball. So just stick with what they do best and get more defensive players. I mean they actually think that having the #1 pick sit on the sidelines for this year and possibly the next two is the best that can happen for this team.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Wait, what?
What better offense for Quick then what the Rams are running? Dude gets open deep in almost every game. Keenum missed him last week.
Yeah it took way too long for the kid to get it together but now that he has, why cut him loose?

Until the season is over and Quick produces consistently and also improves, the Rams will re-evaluate that option. For 2016 his one year FA prove it deal, his performance is OK and not extra-ordinary.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For 2016 his one year FA prove it deal, his performance is OK and not extra-ordinary
Not sure how you could say that, he's only had 38 targets and yet still has accounted for 405 yards and 3 td's with possibly the worst QB in the league

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Yeah I'm on the Quick and Britt bandwagon now. Seems like our new WR coach is worth his weight in gold. Imagine if Keenum hit Quick on those wide open routes in the last two games. We'd be 5 - 3 and quick would be over 500 yards receiving.