Looking ahead to the draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
I've been reading tons of mocks lately, and this one I've read may be the worst for us. A guard and WR in the first and second? I'm totally a fan of not reaching for a QB if we aren't a fan of one but QB is the biggest thing holding us back right now. Am I crazy for hating this? I don't hate taking a guard in maybe the 2nd but I'd much rather have a QB/S.

Link: http://walterfootball.com/draft2015_2.php

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

screw the draft and every thread about the draft.

sorry but i hate draft talk in the middle of the season.

Rams0307

Cut the guy a break. If you don't like draft talk then don't post in the thread.

Athos

Legend
lol @ Walter.

Good for a general idea of where players might fall, bad for what team picks who. He's stupidly terribad at it.

In regards to his awful draft.......

If that would be where players end up I either:

A.) Take Kevin White in the 1st round and Hundley in the 2nd and call it a massive draft steal or
B.) Trade down, pick up best offensive lineman, and draft Hundley and DGB in the 2nd.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Sorry, but NOBODY should draft DGB. He will be out of the NFL in 2 yrs max, either due to drugs or to non-talent. He has the physical tools, but that's it. He's living mainly off of his high school resume, where he played against significantly lesser talent than other HS WR's in other districts across the nation. He caught a few balls at Mizzou, but nothing that tells me he's worth a 2nd round pick. I'll be MAD if we waste a high pick on him!!!! maybe a 7th comp pick or a UDFA but that's it. I'd love for him to prove me wrong because he's from my hometown, but I'm pretty sure he won't.
Kelvin White + Hundley would be a killer draft!

Rams0307

Sorry, but NOBODY should draft DGB. He will be out of the NFL in 2 yrs max, either due to drugs or to non-talent. He has the physical tools, but that's it. He's living mainly off of his high school resume, where he played against significantly lesser talent than other HS WR's in other districts across the nation. He caught a few balls at Mizzou, but nothing that tells me he's worth a 2nd round pick. I'll be MAD if we waste a high pick on him!!!! maybe a 7th comp pick or a UDFA but that's it. I'd love for him to prove me wrong because he's from my hometown, but I'm pretty sure he won't.
Kelvin White + Hundley would be a killer draft!

DGB has more talent than you're giving him credit for. He had a very good year last year and seemed to be figuring it out for Mizzou. If DGB busts, it's due to him not putting in the work to succeed because he's definitely gifted.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
DGB has more talent than you're giving him credit for. He had a very good year last year and seemed to be figuring it out for Mizzou. If DGB busts, it's due to him not putting in the work to succeed because he's definitely gifted.

I don't think anybody is questioning Green-Beckham's physical ability.

All of his issues seem to be above the neck.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler

Just a suggestion, but if you hate draft talk (at this point) so much you could always just not respond to threads about them.

Of course chiming in to let everybody know you disapprove seems to be a popular option as well.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I've been reading tons of mocks lately, and this one I've read may be the worst for us. A guard and WR in the first and second? I'm totally a fan of not reaching for a QB if we aren't a fan of one but QB is the biggest thing holding us back right now. Am I crazy for hating this? I don't hate taking a guard in maybe the 2nd but I'd much rather have a QB/S.

Link: http://walterfootball.com/draft2015_2.php

Collins would much more likely be our replacement for Barksdale at RT, but if he does return, he could also start at OG and be our main swing Tackle. I like this pick.
As for the second round, Hundley is available just two picks later, so I take him and laugh all the way to the bank.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

A bit rude but this is why we gave it its own forum. So that fans who don't want to be hit with draft talk during the season don't have to keep seeing the threads.

Erm, you realise there's an entire section for the draft right?

That's a fact Jack. That is why it was moved.

In defense of @RobertWinn he is relatively new to the board and perhaps was not aware.

Good point. I think rather than jump on him, realize that the thread would be moved to the proper forum fairly quickly.

Cut the guy a break. If you don't like draft talk then don't post in the thread.

In defense of those who don't like the thread, we made the effort to create a forum just for these threads and still we end up with draft talk in the Rams section. Though some may have been a bit quick to react, this kind of admonishing isn't needed either.

Just a suggestion, but if you hate draft talk (at this point) so much you could always just not respond to threads about them.

Of course chiming in to let everybody know you disapprove seems to be a popular option as well.

Not sure at the time of your comment Merlin if you realized this was originally posted in the Rams section. Many people hate draft talk this early but some really like talking draft. CGI created the other forum to appease both views. I would encourage people to actually look at the forum titles so that they post to the right ones.

All this said, I would encourage members to take it easy if someone posts threads to the wrong forum. The thread will likely be moved inside of a day by one of the mods or CGI. If not - simply reporting the thread will notify us and we will get right on it.

Thank you and GO RAMS!!! Let's beat some bolt ass!

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I didn't realize that this thread was originally started in the Rams section, but I don't think that fact makes the post that I responded to appropriate in any way.

Trust me, there are topics that people constantly post about that drive me up a wall.
I just don't feel the need to bitch about it in those threads.
Maybe from now on I will.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I didn't realize that this thread was originally started in the Rams section, but I don't think that fact makes the post that I responded to appropriate in any way.

Trust me, there are topics that people constantly post about that drive me up a wall.
I just don't feel the need to bitch about it in those threads.
Maybe from now on I will.
No need to cop an attitude back. Just let it go. While I agree there was no real need to bitch about it in the thread there is even less need for you to threaten like this.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
No need to cop an attitude back. Just let it go. While I agree there was no real need to bitch about it in the thread there is even less need for you to threaten like this.

I'm sorry if you found my post to be threatening. I don't see it, but it wasn't my intent.

I think my point is valid though.
If I went to every thread I didn't care for, and believe me there are plenty, and posted that I hated it people would be jumping all over me.

People like to talk about how they're trying to keep this a positive place for Rams fans.
Do you feel that being relatively polite (especially to new people on the site who may not know how everything is set up) is too much to expect from everybody on here?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm sorry if you found my post to be threatening. I don't see it, but it wasn't my intent.

I think my point is valid though.
If I went to every thread I didn't care for, and believe me there are plenty, and posted that I hated it people would be jumping all over me.

People like to talk about how they're trying to keep this a positive place for Rams fans.
Do you feel that being relatively polite (especially to new people on the site who may not know how everything is set up) is too much to expect from everybody on here?

If you went to every thread and did that you'd be gone. And I know you weren't saying you intend to do that. But if you were the type of poster so inclined then you wouldn't be here long. If the posters that responded a bit on the rude side did that on a regular basis, they'd have sealed their own fate and be gone.

Maybe I'm being a bit cranky here but continuing on about this is useless. Look. It happened. It was addressed. Let it go. I don't like it either but it onward and upward - yeah?