Look Familiar?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

holding.jpg

holding2.jpg

holding3.jpg

jj's party/orgy bus was maybe his best investment ever.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Good thing holding wasn't called. Holding in the endzone is a safety.

You mean if the officials called holding against the cowboys OL they woulda lost in regulation? Seems there was another cowboys game earlier this season where they didnt get called for holding but they ended up winning. I am beginning to see why their OL is being called dominant, but it has nothing to do with blocking and a lot to do with holding.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
You mean if the officials called holding against the cowboys OL they woulda lost in regulation? Seems there was another cowboys game earlier this season where they didnt get called for holding but they ended up winning. I am beginning to see why their OL is being called dominant, but it has nothing to do with blocking and a lot to do with holding.
I'm not sure how you can not call a hold on Tyron Smith #77 there.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
The NFL seems desperate to appeal to the casual fan by favouring offences and high scoring games and seemingly allowing offensive holding to go uncalled is part of that. However, they are seriously p1ssing off more hardcore fans (i.e those that will watch regardless of scorelines and story lines etc).

Surely, a Robert Quinn sack dance or watching JJ Watt do his thing is just as entertaining or are the casual fans really that stupid? (pretty much a rhetorical question there)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
i can't see the images, either...

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
The NFL seems desperate to appeal to the casual fan by favouring offences and high scoring games and seemingly allowing offensive holding to go uncalled is part of that. However, they are seriously p1ssing off more hardcore fans (i.e those that will watch regardless of scorelines and story lines etc).

Surely, a Robert Quinn sack dance or watching JJ Watt do his thing is just as entertaining or are the casual fans really that stupid? (pretty much a rhetorical question there)
Sounds about right. It's aggravating watching any game these days. So little gets a defender illegal contact while offensive linemen can do so much. However they do call holding on running plays. It's like they want teams to air it out all game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The script is in.

Dallas vs Denver for the Superbowl. The NFL wants it. It is a big money SB.

Dallas is loved/hated by most of America and people will toon in to watch Peyton. That equals lots of viewers......Cha Ching and international attention, so Europe will watch. ....Double Cha Ching!

Goodell figured the Denver Mannings would win last year and they were not happy with the results. There was no way the 'No more mugging the receiver' rule was not going to happen after Seattle won last year. Dallas' defense is not good enough to shut down Denver. So the NFL gets its guaranteed win. They hand Manning a marquee team that should not even be there.

'No calls' against the Dallas line guarantees regular season victories for a good record and will allow Demarco Murray,(who isn't as good as E.D.) to break the rushing record, adding more hype to the matchup.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The script is in.

Dallas is loved/hated by most of America and people will toon in to watch Peyton. That equals lots of viewers......Cha Ching and international attention, so Europe will watch. ....Double Cha Ching!

Goodell figured the Denver Mannings would win last year and they were not happy with the results. There was no way the 'No more mugging the receiver' rule was not going to happen after Seattle won last year. Dallas' defense is not good enough to shut down Denver. So the NFL gets its guaranteed win. They hand Manning a marquee team that should not even be there.

'No calls' against the Dallas line guarantees regular season victories for a good record and will allow Demarco Murray,(who isn't as good as E.D.) to break the rushing record, adding more hype to the matchup.
this pattern of obvious favoritism to fulfil some sort of marketing agenda is getting a little old.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
this pattern of obvious favoritism to fulfil some sort of marketing agenda is getting a little old.

Not to upset my St. Louis brothers ( or the moderators, this is not intended as a moving debate) but this is why I would welcome the move to L.A., especially if the NFL had some kind of stake in the Rams franchise. They suddenly will become more marketable and the NFL will see the value of the Rams increase, in their favor(coincidentally).

The 99' team was a great SB fit. The Kurt Warner story, the high flying offense unlike any that the NFL currently had. There was no way the league was going to mess with that chemistry....until 2001 when the agenda changed. Maybe it doesn't happen every year, like years where they think what they want will take care of itself but it sure does seem to pop up quite often.

Bettis and the Steelers, one for the thumb. Jerome goes home to play his final game in Detroit. There are so many of these scripts. It cannot be denied. The Rams back to L.A., Fisher returns home, etc. You know if that happens that the Rams suddenly become media darlings and end up in the big one. Heck, Berman would even be required to talk them up.

fearsomefour

Legend
The script is in.

Hello darkness my old friend.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Not to upset my St. Louis brothers ( or the moderators, this is not intended as a moving debate) but this is why I would welcome the move to L.A., especially if the NFL had some kind of stake in the Rams franchise. They suddenly will become more marketable and the NFL will see the value of the Rams increase, in their favor(coincidentally).

The 99' team was a great SB fit. The Kurt Warner story, the high flying offense unlike any that the NFL currently had. There was no way the league was going to mess with that chemistry....until 2001 when the agenda changed. Maybe it doesn't happen every year, like years where they think what they want will take care of itself but it sure does seem to pop up quite often.

Bettis and the Steelers, one for the thumb. Jerome goes home to play his final game in Detroit. There are so many of these scripts. It cannot be denied. The Rams back to L.A., Fisher returns home, etc. You know if that happens that the Rams suddenly become media darlings and end up in the big one. Heck, Berman would even be required to talk them up.
yup.... yup.... yup

I also welcome the move back now, as I've grown exhausted by the obvious on-field suppression.

It's become so blatant now that it almost seems like they want us to know.

Nothing worse than power that's so extreme that they no longer care if it's out in the open.

I just hope the players see these threads so at least they can gain comfort in knowing that the fans know.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sounds about right. It's aggravating watching any game these days. So little gets a defender illegal contact while offensive linemen can do so much. However they do call holding on running plays. It's like they want teams to air it out all game.
If it's been said once, it's been said a million times, if the ref's want to call holding on the O-Line, they could probably call it on every play. As long as they're consistent, I don't mind. It's when they determine game out-come, It's time to break out the Old tar & Feathers and ride them out of town on a rail! ( or is that too Old Fashioned!?)