Long time coming

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MaxQ28

Rookie
At the age of 8 i remember watching Jim Everett hit “Flipper” Anderson on a walk off touchdown that he took into the locker room in the playoffs. I was hooked, rams fan 4 life. Little did i know the freight train known as the 90’s was coming. We lost the 9ers 18 consecutive times.

I grew up in middle Tennessee. So when the Rams moved to St Louis it gave me and my brother(also a life long Ram fan) the opportunity to go see them. We were at the first St Louis Rams home game at Busch stadium. When the GSOT came alomg it was like a dream. A dream that Tom Brady and New “@&$&-?! England Patriots stomped on. There is only one player from both teams from that 2001 superbowl that will be on the field come sunday-Tom “@&&! Brady. I love the fact thay NRC is not afraid and hates the pats like i do. A victory this sunday would be so sweet for those of us who still feel the sting of spy-gate. It would help erase 17 years of anger. So come on Rams-lets stomp them out and begin our dynasty like they did to us 17 years ago. WHOOOOS HOUSE!? #HORNSUP!

Last edited:

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
1989 Rams. That was against the LT Giants and Bill Parcells. That 1989 team had to win 3 straight do or die games on the east coast. At Pats to make wild card, at Philly in the WC game and then at Giants in the divisional round. Think about those defenses they faced in the cold on the road. Remember everyone making excuses for the Chargers this year having to make 2 east coast trips? In 89 they did it 3 times. And won all 3. They had nothing left by the NFC title and got walloped by the niners. I remember SF fans were afraid of that game going in since LA split two games with them in the reg season and should have won both. So much for that.

Last decent year in LA. Last 5 years after that were junk. They weren’t good again until 1999.

Was my first year as a fan as well.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
At the age of 8 i remember watching Jim Everett hit “Flipper” Anderson on a walk off touchdown that he took into the locker room in the playoffs. I was hooked, rams fan 4 life. Little did i know the freight train known as the 90’s was coming. We lost the 9ers 18 consecutive times.

I grew up in middle Tennessee. So when the Rams moved to St Louis it gave me and my brother(also a life long Ram fan) the opportunity to go see them. We were at the first St Louis Rams home game at Busch stadium. When the GSOT came alomg it was like a dream. A dream that Tom Brady and New “@&$&-?! England Patriots stomped on. There is only one player from both teams from that 2001 superbowl that will be on the field come sunday-Tom “@&&! Brady. I love the fact thay NRC is not afraid and hates the pats like i do. A victory this sunday would be so sweet for those of us who still feel the sting of spy-gate. It would help erase 17 years of anger. So come on Rams-lets stomp them out and begin our dynasty like they did to us 17 years ago. WHOOOOS HOUSE!? #HORNSUP!
Max, it's funny you mentioned that because it was the exact same moment when I became a Rams fan. Watching Flipper keep running thru that tunnel was freaking awesome.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1989 Rams. That was against the LT Giants and Bill Parcells. That 1989 team had to win 3 straight do or die games on the east coast. At Pats to make wild card, at Philly in the WC game and then at Giants in the divisional round. Think about those defenses they faced in the cold on the road. Remember everyone making excuses for the Chargers this year having to make 2 east coast trips? In 89 they did it 3 times. And won all 3. They had nothing left by the NFC title and got walloped by the niners. I remember SF fans were afraid of that game going in since LA split two games with them in the reg season and should have won both. So much for that.

Last decent year in LA. Last 5 years after that were junk. They weren’t good again until 1999.

Wow that brings back memories from way back. I remember that Giants game because I was a newly printed US Army recruit. I was stationed in Ansbach, Germany at a Patriot Air Defense unit and was not sure I’d be able to watch the game! But I was able to watch us beat the Giants and then missed the crazy Niners game while on guard duty. I remember it snowed the day we lost. It’s funny how easy it is to remember something from so long ago.

dang

Legend
4th grade 1972. Had to decide on a favorite team for trading Football cards. Fell for the horns and Roman Gabriel. Been a Rams fan ever since. Almost gave up on them after several putrid years after moving to St Louis but GSOT hooked me for life.

MaxQ28

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow that brings back memories from way back. I remember that Giants game because I was a newly printed US Army recruit. I was stationed in Ansbach, Germany at a Patriot Air Defense unit and was not sure I’d be able to watch the game! But I was able to watch us beat the Giants and then missed the crazy Niners game while on guard duty. I remember it snowed the day we lost. It’s funny how easy it is to remember something from so long ago.

Hell yea. My dad and several of my uncles served in the army. Im currently in the Navy. Thanks for your service brother! Go Rams!

MaxQ28

Rookie
Max, it's funny you mentioned that because it was the exact same moment when I became a Rams fan. Watching Flipper keep running thru that tunnel was freaking awesome.
Watching Woods and Cooks is like watching shades of Flipper and Ellard. It sucks that Everrett seems to be remebered more for that Jim Rome interview than for his play.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

During the 89 season, the rams negotiated a buy out clause with Anahiem, that they could invoke 5 years later. So from that point on, their goal was to lower fan support so it would be easier to move out of town. The owner wanted to move the team to her home town. So that off season they got rid of a lot of key players. They continued to put a lousy product on the field during those 5 years and voted against St Louis for one of the expansion teams. If you remember the movie Major League the plot was about a female owner of a baseball team who was trying to tank so she could move. It's where I got my handle, majrleaged. Just thought you might want to know why your team was shit after that.

MaxQ28

Rookie
During the 89 season, the rams negotiated a buy out clause with Anahiem, that they could invoke 5 years later. So from that point on, their goal was to lower fan support so it would be easier to move out of town. The owner wanted to move the team to her home town. So that off season they got rid of a lot of key players. They continued to put a lousy product on the field during those 5 years and voted against St Louis for one of the expansion teams. If you remember the movie Major League the plot was about a female owner of a baseball team who was trying to tank so she could move. It's where I got my handle, majrleaged. Just thought you might want to know why your team was crap after that.
Hmmm. Thats interesting. Yea ive definitely seen major league about 1000 times.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hell yea. My dad and several of my uncles served in the army. Im currently in the Navy. Thanks for your service brother! Go Rams!
Thank you! Thanks for your service to our great country as well brother.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
During the 89 season, the rams negotiated a buy out clause with Anahiem, that they could invoke 5 years later. So from that point on, their goal was to lower fan support so it would be easier to move out of town. The owner wanted to move the team to her home town. So that off season they got rid of a lot of key players. They continued to put a lousy product on the field during those 5 years and voted against St Louis for one of the expansion teams. If you remember the movie Major League the plot was about a female owner of a baseball team who was trying to tank so she could move. It's where I got my handle, majrleaged. Just thought you might want to know why your team was crap after that.

You don’t have to tell me twice. I am intimately familiar with their plight. That clause was to allow Anaheim to build a hockey arena. I remember the rams didn’t move a finger to sign Kevin Greene and Ellard who had plenty of juice left. Definition of cheap. As John Robinson said “we were pretty good for an organization that wasn’t even trying.”

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember that game against the NYG.

But I go back to the mid-60's. Good teams, but could never get over the hump to the Big Game. Then came Ferregamo and the 1979 Rams. They played PITT tough for most of the game but, ultimately lost.

Lots of ups and downs after that.

Then the glorious, but bittersweet years of the GSOT... great memories but ending much sooner than it should have.

Back into the abyss... and now, reborn - once again!

It's been on hellava ride!

So here we are... 18 years removed from that bitter loss that began the NE dynasty.

I'm liking to call it my "Book-end Theory".

The Rams helped start the NE dynasty with that Super Bowl win.

The Rams end the dynasty with an LA win.

Very symetrical... and NE never gets over it.

The dynasty dies right there!

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
You don’t have to tell me twice. I am intimately familiar with their plight. That clause was to allow Anaheim to build a hockey arena. I remember the rams didn’t move a finger to sign Kevin Greene and Ellard who had plenty of juice left. Definition of cheap. As John Robinson said “we were pretty good for an organization that wasn’t even trying.”
Yeah, that 1st off season they got rid of Greg Bell, Irv Pankey and hoolahan. Not to mention they let the qb coach go and didn't replace him.

Stump23

Rookie
Yeah, that 1st off season they got rid of Greg Bell, Irv Pankey and hoolahan. Not to mention they let the qb coach go and didn't replace him.
Yeah, but she didn't know St. Louis was available in 1989. Remember, they were headed to Baltimore until the league setlled the expansion issue for Jax/Carolina. St. Lou had the expansion bid wrapped up until their internal dysfunction became public to the NFL. Bottom line, she wanted to bolt LA. My first Rams game was in 1975 vs. SF at the Coliseum....season ticket holder from 78 to 94. Got engaged the night before the last game in Anaheim....even.my wife (fiancee) didn't want to go to the game as the destruction of the team was so obvious by Shaw/Georgia.. Went by myself with 29,000 other die hards. I will never forget. Talk about fired up for Sunday!!!! The circle of life keeps giving back if you believe!!!!!!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
4th grade 1972. Had to decide on a favorite team for trading Football cards. Fell for the horns and Roman Gabriel. Been a Rams fan ever since. Almost gave up on them after several putrid years after moving to St Louis but GSOT hooked me for life.

My family had just relocated to SoCal, 2nd grade, 1975. We get our house and move in and the 'rents wanted to make me feel at home, so for Xmas they got me all the local sports teams. I was already a Lakers fan, cuz forget Dad for not teaching me to ride a bike to watch the Knicks. After learning, I asked who his Knicks were playing and he said the Lakers. My favorite team since.

But yeah, got some Rams gear and LOVED those horns. I remember that first year watching the Rams and thinking a few things.

1) That guy running the ball is fat (John Cappelletti)
2) I really like that guy who caught the ball from the other team. I dunno why. (my first favorite player, Nolan Cromwell)
3) I really like those uniforms!
4) Our guys tackle REALLY HARD!

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
What you said about Cappeletti :rolllaugh:

And you were right about the horns and unis. My two favorite helmets as a kid were the Rams and Vikings. Then watching them lined up against each other on the Minnesota tundra. Damn that was cool :cool: