LOL Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Transition tag on Olivier Vernon... Dude is gooooone.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hope we go after him hard.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was listening to Sirius at lunch and Kirwan was saying it would take him ten minutes to structure a deal the Phins can't match. Their cap is that bad, and they were going over the fact that once Brees redoes his deal (it's in work) the biggest cap impact player in the league is Suh.

I almost feel sorry for the Dolphins fans man.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Was listening to Sirius at lunch and Kirwan was saying it would take him ten minutes to structure a deal the Phins can't match. Their cap is that bad, and they were going over the fact that once Brees redoes his deal (it's in work) the biggest cap impact player in the league is Suh.

I almost feel sorry for the Dolphins fans man.

That's blasphemous !!!! Feel sorry for them... NO WAY !

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Vernon plays Robert Quinn's position. May be a smart thing to consider here & look for a RDE & let Quinn take over Longs & Hayes post if they both depart. As we know that LDE works the opposite side of the back & neck area where Quinn has had so much issues with. Sure would make it easier for him to recover to heal. The loss of Quinn on this DL is & will be critical.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Transition tag on Olivier

11fc86a024f6528e2f462d4ce73f996c1674cd232f601ca697781c2ffc768b8e.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
I want Damon Harrison more than I want Vernon. Give me that big run stuffing NT/DT to replace Fairley.
I think both Hayes and Sims can be resigned.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want Damon Harrison more than I want Vernon. Give me that big run stuffing NT/DT to replace Fairley.
I think both Hayes and Sims can be resigned.

Damon Harrison is a 3-4 NT. He's not valuable to a 4-3 team because he isn't much of a pass rusher. Vernon is far more valuable to us. He'd be an impact starter here.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
How much $ can we use on the DL? Add Vernon, they you have #99 to lock up, plus Brockers and Quinn is around the corner also. Man I'm all for a great DL but 99 , 90 & 94 need there cake too folks.. Just sayin'

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Just front load a deal with loads of guaranteed money year one and he's as good as gone with the Dolphins cap space. I'd certainly love to see him in horns!

fearsomefour

Legend
Damon Harrison is a 3-4 NT. He's not valuable to a 4-3 team because he isn't much of a pass rusher. Vernon is far more valuable to us. He'd be an impact starter here.
I know he is a NT now, that is why I said NT/DT....I think he could play in a 4/3 pretty easily, particularly when we place the DT over the C.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know he is a NT now, that is why I said NT/DT....I think he could play in a 4/3 pretty easily, particularly when we place the DT over the C.

Can he play in the 4-3? Sure. Just not as valuable because of his limited pass rush skills. In the 3-4, you can put up with that because you need a big body to keep your ILBs clean. We already have Brockers in that role. We need a backup capable of doing a bit of everything so he can spell Brockers and Donald. JMO.

fearsomefour

Legend
Can he play in the 4-3? Sure. Just not as valuable because of his limited pass rush skills. In the 3-4, you can put up with that because you need a big body to keep your ILBs clean. We already have Brockers in that role. We need a backup capable of doing a bit of everything so he can spell Brockers and Donald. JMO.
I hear ya.
I have always loved a big run stuffer in the middle. Brockers is a key guy in the D line and really needs to be resigned before next year. Adding a guy like Harrison certainly is not a priority really, but, Long is gone and if Hayes is not resigned the D line depth is getting paper thin.
Truth be told I think Hayes will resign (and he can rotate inside as well). With Brockers and Donald the Rams certainly have two high quality starters at DT. They still need to add a DT either via FA or in the draft however. I liked the play of Fairley last year, but, I am sure he will get a raise somewhere else....would like to have him back.
Probably heading into the draft with Quinn and Hayes at DE, Brockers and Donald at DT with the younger guys (Westbrook, Longacre and the rookie DT practice squad guy) as depth and draft a DT....maybe a lower cost mid level D line FA will be added as well.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Speaking of Brockers, are we going to give him an extension? He's been a beast in the middle the last few years. One of the most underrated players in the league IMO. I hope he stays a Rams for life.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Vernon was High on my FA wish-List anyway. GO GET HIM!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Speaking of Brockers, are we going to give him an extension? He's been a beast in the middle the last few years. One of the most underrated players in the league IMO. I hope he stays a Rams for life.
Its been ongoing now for a while. It would appear there has no been much movement as the other interior DL who were taken the same yr slowly hit the open market. BIG BIG cap costs are in store for teams in purchasing DT's like Brockers. With the very sizable large talent available in this years draft @ DT many may be looking for bargains instead of putting that heavy salary yolk around their teams neck. I look for the Brockers extension to continue for some time.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams might also give "Pork Chop" from the Skins a look in FA. He's gonna hit the market and also brings some good locker room leadership to the equation.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Vernon plays Robert Quinn's position. May be a smart thing to consider here & look for a RDE & let Quinn take over Longs & Hayes post if they both depart. As we know that LDE works the opposite side of the back & neck area where Quinn has had so much issues with. Sure would make it easier for him to recover to heal. The loss of Quinn on this DL is & will be critical.

Isn't it something, how DE was such a strength on the Rams and now it is a big question mark on both ends. I like Vernon. I think he would be a good signing.