Logan Bruss Torn ACL Done for Season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Key And Peele Reaction GIF
It’s probably not the worst thing to happen. Arcuri & Snyder both imo are as good? AJ Jackson has impressed me more at RG.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Red shirt year - he will take the opportunity to recover and spend 12 months in an NFL strength program. I hope he learns the playbook and spends a ton of time watching Defensive fronts, alignments, blitz packages and becomes better cerebrally.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
I know it sucks to happen during a preseason game but if he can't stay healthy during the preseason he probably would have been injured eventually during the regular season sooner than later.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Red shirt year - he will take the opportunity to recover and spend 12 months in an NFL strength program. I hope he learns the playbook and spends a ton of time watching Defensive fronts, alignments, blitz packages and becomes better cerebrally.
Agree. If he is going to play RG he has to get bigger & stronger. Bruss is no longer playing RT.
1661102353724.png

I also think Bruss has the opportunity to recover from working with Bobby Evans & looks forwards to never:hope:having to be paired up & perform a duet in an NFL game with Evans.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So much for the Shelton Bruss competition.
Judging from how Bruss played in preseason that competition was probably over the first week of camp. His head was spinning out there.

Where this hurts is we don't get that young player added to the mix down the stretch. He might have really helped us once he had settled in and felt comfortable.

Looks like we're going to be throwing the ball on third and two again this year.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Personally, I thought Bruss looked good in his first 4-5 quarters of NFL play. He got bull rushed a few times and was a little off on some DL stunts and games but did not whiff in pass protection; and his run-blocking was strong ... in my opinion.

Except for the rookies and some second-year guys (Robert Rochell, and Alaric Jackson for examples), McVay is not playing any of his top veteran reserves. As the top-interior-OL-reserve, Shelton would not have been playing regardless of whether he was a starter.

I merely thought the Rams did not want to hand the starting-RG spot to a rookie; and did not want to rush Bruss but I still expected him to become the starter before too long.

It is a big loss in my opinion but injuries are a huge component to Pro Football. Very much a game of attrition.

By-the-way, Tampa lost another starting O-Lineman yesterday when Aaron Stinnie when went down with a torn ACL and MCL. Stinnie was projected to start for the retired Ali Marpet at Left Guard.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
By-the-way, Tampa lost another starting O-Lineman yesterday when Aaron Stinnie when went down with a torn ACL and MCL. Stinnie was projected to start for the retired Ali Marpet at Left Guard.

The Buccaneers were already set to enter the regular season with new starters at all three interior line spots. Alex Cappa left in free agency to join the Cincinnati Bengals but the Buccaneers moved quickly to fill that spot at right guard by trading with New England for veteran Shaq Mason. Pro Bowl center Ryan Jensen suffered a knee injury on the second day of training camp that will keep him out until November, if not the entire season. On Sunday, Bowles conceded that Stinnie's injury has pushed the Bucs' offensive line depth to the limit.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm going to be pretty disappointed if Snead can't engineer a trade for an OG.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Damn. Feel bad for the kid. Hope he comes back stronger and more ready next season.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Don't know if I've ever seen an ACL tear like that where the foot wasn't planted on the ground. The leg was in mid air and got sandwiched and twisted. Super weird.
A replay showed his knee getting hit with an opposing players helmet as he was falling to the ground.

Don't know how to edit and link the vid and don't know if that had anything to do with the injury or the severity of it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm going to be pretty disappointed if Snead can't engineer a trade for an OG.
Would not surprise me. Maybe a Corbs type move where it's a guy they liked coming out.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Would not surprise me. Maybe a Corbs type move where it's a guy they liked coming out.

That would be fine as well as inexpensive & CAP friendly, although my preference is still a solid vet who can open holes for our beleaguered RB corps. Either way, we need to address our OL substantially & soon as Super Bowl repeats are hard to come by and this is one opportunity I'd rather not see lost. jmo.

brucebruce

Rookie
Status
Not open for further replies.