Locked and Loaded tonight!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
A couple of Afghani Air Force trainees have decided to fly the coup down here in South Georgia. I sure hope these two boys don't have any jihadi plans lest they catch a little lead poisoning. I'm still not sure why we felt the need to train them stateside to begin with but what do I know?

bluecoconuts

Legend
A couple of Afghani Air Force trainees have decided to fly the coup down here in South Georgia. I sure hope these two boys don't have any jihadi plans lest they catch a little lead poisoning. I'm still not sure why we felt the need to train them stateside to begin with but what do I know?

I used to train Iraqi and Afghani Special Forces in San Diego, because the facilities over there are shitty. Pilots come from all over the world to train with our pilots because we have some of the most advanced training in the world. Same with other states, I've trained with Koreans, British, Canadian, German, French, even Nepalese in the states. I'm pretty sure these guys have bigger things to worry about than a terrorist attack on us. If that was their goal, they selected one of the worst paths to take.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I used to train Iraqi and Afghani Special Forces in San Diego, because the facilities over there are crappy. Pilots come from all over the world to train with our pilots because we have some of the most advanced training in the world. Same with other states, I've trained with Koreans, British, Canadian, German, French, even Nepalese in the states. I'm pretty sure these guys have bigger things to worry about than a terrorist attack on us. If that was their goal, they selected one of the worst paths to take.
Let's hope so because it won't end well for the poor boys. I've trained with Koreans in Korea and Egyptians in Egypt. That's where they were going to be doing business so I don't really see the added benefit of them flying over my house and our terrain when they could do it in their back yard. I guess they could get spoiled on our simulators but their pieces of iron is where they are going to make butter.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Let's hope so because it won't end well for the poor boys. I've trained with Koreans in Korea and Egyptians in Egypt. That's where they were going to be doing business so I don't really see the added benefit of them flying over my house and our terrain when they could do it in their back yard. I guess they could get spoiled on our simulators but their pieces of iron is where they are going to make butter.

Give them better training without putting our pilots at risk, plus it's cheaper to bring them here than it is for us to try to take our training over there. These things are just here temporary, whenever we had Iraqi or Afghan Special Forces over, they were always top students who needed better training than what they could get there. They didn't just walk into a crowd and ask for volunteers, there was a pretty strict selection proces. I doubt those guys will ever leave the base anyway, they probably wont even have time.

bluecoconuts

Legend
They've been in the U.S. for a year and stationed at that base since February? I'd go with what the article says, they're not a threat. If they're AWOL they're probably trying to avoid going back home, that was always a huge problem, they see the life we have here and don't want to go back.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
They've been in the U.S. for a year and stationed at that base since February? I'd go with what the article says, they're not a threat. If they're AWOL they're probably trying to avoid going back home, that was always a huge problem, they see the life we have here and don't want to go back.
What a dangerous choice they have made. Maybe they just want to assimilate into the American way of life? Things are going to be very tough for them now no matter what their motives.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Can't blame these guys for not wanting to go back to that part of the world.

The part of this that makes me grind my teeth is when they say that these guys have been completely vetted. That is total bullshit. Until we invent a crystal ball or something that allows us to see inside the minds of others... there's no such thing as a true vetting.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Can't blame these guys for not wanting to go back to that part of the world.

The part of this that makes me grind my teeth is when they say that these guys have been completely vetted. That is total bullcrap. Until we invent a crystal ball or something that allows us to see inside the minds of others... there's no such thing as a true vetting.
You're right. There's no way to tell what's in a person's heart. And there certainly isn't a way to tell which people are going to bolt when you place them in an environment that is 100 times better than what they are used to living. What lights my fuse is Moody AFB refuses to release names or pictures of these two guys. How is the public supposed to help bring them back? When they tell you there is nothing to worry about, it's time to worry. Ask the guys in Kandahar who train Afghan security forces just to have the trainees turn their weapons on them. It's unpredictable.