Little things that bug me

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
ROD posters that toe the line, then decide to cross it by “enlightening” us all on their political BS.

Tano

Legend
People who jump up the SECOND the plane stops.
(fecking eejits)
I jump up only to stretch my legs after sitting for 6 to 8 hours in the cramped seats

I cannot afford First Class nor even Business Class

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That intrigued me so I ran is through ChatGPT, and here's what it threw back. I don't know the truth but what you said sounds far-fetched at best:

The statement from the chat room touches upon one of the conspiracy theories surrounding the New Coke debacle, but it's not substantiated by concrete evidence. Let's break it down:

1. Temporary Introduction of New Coke: There's no verified evidence to suggest that The Coca-Cola Company introduced New Coke with the intention of it being temporary. The company invested heavily in its research, development, and marketing, which suggests they believed in the product change.
  2. Switching to HFCS: It's true that around the time of the New Coke introduction, many soft drink manufacturers in the U.S. were transitioning from cane sugar to high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) as a sweetener, mainly due to cost reasons. HFCS was less expensive than sugar, and its use could improve profit margins. However, to say that New Coke was a diversion specifically to mask this switch is speculative. While the timing is coincidental, there isn't concrete evidence to prove this was a deliberate strategy by the company.
  3. Taste of Coke with Sugar vs. HFCS: Many people do claim to taste a difference between Coca-Cola sweetened with cane sugar and Coca-Cola sweetened with HFCS. The presence of "Mexican Coke" in the U.S., which is sweetened with cane sugar, has been celebrated by some who prefer its taste over the standard American version with HFCS. However, taste is subjective, and not everyone might notice or care about the difference.
In conclusion, while the theory mentioned in the chat room is a popular one, it remains a theory. The official reasons given by The Coca-Cola Company for the introduction of New Coke were based on market research indicating a preference for a sweeter taste, as well as competitive pressures from rival Pepsi. The backlash to New Coke and the subsequent reintroduction of Coca-Cola Classic became one of the most notable stories in the history of brand marketing.
The thing I never got , even back then ,

it's probably obvious now days , every soda has like 17 versions out there now

But even back in the 80's I thought , why would you just simply drop your main soda , the best selling soda in the world , and bring out a copy of Pepsi , in a new COKE can

I could never figure out , why they just didn't keep the original , and come out with their new Coke at the same time , and just give it a different name , like COKE II or something ..........................lol

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I jump up only to stretch my legs after sitting for 6 to 8 hours in the cramped seats

I cannot afford First Class nor even Business Class
Are you calling me an elitist?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Yeah and I'm 6-2 and have been on 16 hour flights and still don't pop up the SECOND the plane stops but you don't seem to get it and that's OK. :eyeroll:

Tano

Legend
Yeah and I'm 6-2 and have been on 16 hour flights and still don't pop up the SECOND the plane stops but you don't seem to get it and that's OK. :eyeroll:
I stand up but don't get in the aisle - there is a difference

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, I’m at work deciding whether to get fast food after and I’m thinking maybe Carl’s Jr. I type that into my Safari browser to refresh my memory on what they have on the menu. What’s at the top of the page after my query? Wendy’s.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
So, I’m at work deciding whether to get fast food after and I’m thinking maybe Carl’s Jr. I type that into my Safari browser to refresh my memory on what they have on the menu. What’s at the top of the page after my query? Wendy’s.
I’m with your Safari browser.
I prefer Wendy’s as well. Lol

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Salesmen that just won't shut up long enough for you to ask what you really want to know.