List of September 6 waivers claims

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/06/the-full-list-of-september-6-waivers-claims/

The full list of September 6 waivers claims
Posted by Mike Florio on September 6, 2015

On Saturday, teams dropped a bunch of players in reducing their rosters to 53. That opened a 20-hour window to turn one team’s trash into another team’s treasure via, as to players with less than four years of service, the waiver wire.

Here’s a full list of all players who were claimed, per a league source with knowledge of the transactions.

The Falcons claimed former Saints tackle Bryce Harris.

The Bills claims former Titans center Gabe Ikard.

The Bears claimed former Cardinals defensive back Harold Jones-Quartey and former Buccaneers guard Patrick Omameh.

The Browns claimed former Jaguars tackle Austin Pasztor.

The Broncos claimed former Texans center James Ferentz and former Packers tight end Mitchell Henry.

The Colts claimed former Seahawks defensive tackle T.Y. McGill and former Ravens guard Robert Myers.

The Chiefs claimed former Chargers tight end Brian Parker.

The Dolphins claimed former Cardinals quarterback Logan Thomas.

The Patriots claimed former Packers defensive tackle Khyri Thornton.

The Saints claimed former Seahawks defensive end Obum Gwacham and former Vikings linebacker Michael Mauti.

The Giants claimed former Ravens defensive back Asa Jackson and former Texans defensive tackle Louis Nix.

The Jets claimed former Seahawks defensive back Ronald Martin.

The Raiders claimed former Seahawks defensive back Keenan Lambert.

The Eagles claimed former Jaguars quarterback Stephen Morris.

The Steelers claimed former Buccaneers defensive end Caushaud Lyons.

The Buccaneers claimed former Texans defensive end Kourtnei Brown, former Jaguars linebacker Jeremiah George, former Saints quarterback Ryan Griffin, former Chiefs linebacker James-Michael Johnson, and former Chiefs center Eric Kush.

The Titans claims former Bears defensive end David Bass and former Broncos linebacker Steven Johnson.

For each of the 27 player claims, a roster spot needs to be created. For some teams, the roster already was at 51 or 52. For others, players will need to be released. And many of them will be subject to waivers. And anyone who claims one of them will have to drop someone else.

And the process will continue, until the season ends.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Apparently we don't count. Claiborne to the bucs and Kourtnei Brown was a Ram at one time.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Bucs didn't do so hot this year in the offseason. They're scrambling to upgrade the talent.

They also have the #1 waiver priority - for all we know 30 other teams put in claims on each one of the guys they claimed.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/06/saturdays-survivors-become-sundays-casualties/

Saturday’s survivors become Sunday’s casualties
Posted by Mike Florio on September 6, 2015

Upon making the 53-man roster, there’s no guarantee about staying there. The dust has settled on a hectic Sunday, and here’s a full list of the guys who were displaced by the additions made after the reduction of the roster from 75, per a source with knowledge of the transactions.

The Falcons waived defensive end Tyler Starr.

The Bills released receiver Austin Willis from injured reserve.

The Bears waived tackle Jordan Mills and released defensive back Sherrod Martin.

The Bengals released defensive back Onterio McCalebb from injured reserve.

The Cowboys waived defensive end LaVar Edwards.

The Broncos waived running back Montee Ball and center Gino Gradkowski.

The Colts waived linebacker Amarlo Herrera and running back Boom Herron, with the injured designation.

The Chiefs waived linebacker Dezman Moses.

The Dolphins released defensive back Zackary Bowman.

The Patriots waived tackle Cameron Fleming.

The Saints waived nose tackle Ashaad Mabry, released linebacker Ronald Powell from injured reserve, and released defensive back Kenny Phillips.

The Giants waived defensive back Mike Harris, released receiver Corey Washington from injured reserve, and released nose tackle Kenrick Ellis.

The Jets waived defensive back Rontez Miles.

The Raiders waived defensive back SaQwan Edwards.

The Steelers waived linebacker Anthony Chickillo and defensive back Doran Grant.

The 49ers released linebacker Desmond Bishop from injured reserve.

The Rams released linebacker Korey Toomer from injured reserve.

The Buccaneers waived tight end Cameron Brate, guard Kadeem Edwards (injured), tackle Reid Fragel, and receiver Rannell Hill and released linebacker Jason Williams.

The Titans waived defensive end Jonathan Massquoi and linebacker Justin Staples and released tight end Chase Coffman.

The moves will continues as some of these players are claimed on waivers or signed as free agents.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
LOGAN THOMAS SAGA CONTINUES!!!!! I tell ya, he can play!!!!
50centdriving.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Corey Washington and Kenrick Ellis are two interesting names.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I don't think that is a good sign.

I guess you can look at it two ways:
1) It it nice to see them lose some possibly potentially good players!
2) But, it must mean that they have some really good (Better!) players in front of them already on the roster!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
LOGAN THOMAS SAGA CONTINUES!!!!! I tell ya, he can play!!!!

http://arizonasports.com/story/367481/former-cardinals-qb-logan-thomas-cut-by-miami-dolphins/

The debate as to whether the Arizona Cardinals should have released quarterback Logan Thomas last Saturday, Friday’s news that the former Virginia Tech product was released by the Miami Dolphins either humbled your stance or added fuel to your argument
He's done @LACHAMP46

Alan

Legend
So far my prediction that the Rams wouldn't sign any of the flotsam or the jetsam of the other teams has been spot on. I only say that to jinx myself in the hopes that we sign someone. I'm bored.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I guess you can look at it two ways:
1) It it nice to see them lose some possibly potentially good players!
2) But, it must mean that they have some really good (Better!) players in front of them already on the roster!

Their team is already loaded so it isn't a surprise that they cut potentially good players. But when I saw them scarfed up by other teams the first things I thought was that either they are excellent at evaluating UDFAs or a lot teams called these. Same players but they chose to go to Seattle so they can be on a winning team. They are still kids and kids often just want to be associated with the top teams be it as a fan or as an UDFA.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am very pleased with Snead's and the scouting department's ability to recognize talent at all levels. They are better drafters than any GM/scout team that we have had on our team in a very long time.

And, this roster has improved immensely and has the look of a good NFL team, yet they still manage to find a few UDFA's that make the cut.